Formula One world championship

driftking

Wheel size expert
Thanks old chap! That's exactly the evidence I needed for my story! ;)
Not one of those girls is a bad sort, they are all bloody gorgeous. I hope my wife likes Austria because we are going!
Why cant we do a refugee exchange with austria.
they can have the refugees we will have there girls.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I love my F1 but this year has really been a big change. This grid restart is fucking stupid but it will go nicely with the shitty sounding engines, the ugly cars and the soap opera being played out by the leading drivers.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
lol at wanting to ban tyre blankets.

they struggle with the torque and tyres as it is, why don't they just use PVC pipe as tyres like the drift trikes and see how that pans out.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
So if I've got this right, they want to save money by having teams purchase titanium purely to scrape along the track surface and to improve reliability they want to reduce the number of engines allowed and have them at their most stressed not just once but multiple times per race?

That's even more mental than Max Mosely's private parties!

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lol at wanting to ban tyre blankets.

they struggle with the torque and tyres as it is, why don't they just use PVC pipe as tyres like the drift trikes and see how that pans out.
I actually don't mind this one, puts a little more back onto the drivers - ie who can feel out their car when starting cold and find optimum cornering/braking etc. Should give an advantage to drivers who understand the changing grip levels as the tyres come up to temperature and a disadvantage to those who don't understand the car as well.

I don't like the grid restarts thing, make them queue up in two lines if you will, but once they are racing, keep 'em racing.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I actually don't mind this one, puts a little more back onto the drivers - ie who can feel out their car when starting cold and find optimum cornering/braking etc. Should give an advantage to drivers who understand the changing grip levels as the tyres come up to temperature and a disadvantage to those who don't understand the car as well.

I don't like the grid restarts thing, make them queue up in two lines if you will, but once they are racing, keep 'em racing.
I can see your point though the tires even out of the blankets lose heat and it can still take a bit of time to heat them up, at least off the grid, the slow formation lap really lowers tire heat and sitting on the grid waiting. If grid starts after SC are introduced this makes this more common, though it would be interesting to see after pit stops, I think it would make it much more interesting, right now the undercut is a very useful tool and its quite predicable, having cold tires go on would be interesting, it would kill the undercut but add a potential yield once the tire warm up so it may make for some more interesting racing out of pit stops.

Is there any reason to go to a titanium skid block? Is it seriously just for sparks or is there a improved safety benefit?

driftking

Wheel size expert
Anyone else catch qualifying?
That was pretty interesting. Redbull and torro huge fail, they have a extra set of tires they might as well use and say in the garage. I understand they probably felt safe with the track but it seemed like a minimal risk situation to send them out.

Hoping for a good race Ferrari and Williams at the very back, some interesting mod field positions and up front. It's a very jumbled up grid for the race hopefully that yields an exciting race.
The only thing that was in order was merc up front

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Qualifying definitely was a surprise. I think no one will take chances with changeable conditions again. Surprised Lewis pulled the pin unless he was hoping to stuff Niko's run. Some interesting comments from the teams too. Should be a good race worth staying up for.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Great race. Some absolute nail biting moments. Alongside and Vettel's battle managed to be both thrilling AND hilarious.

What pair of kids....

As much is I like Ricciardo, I was a little bit disappointed Jenson Button missed out on the podium. I think it'd have got an even bigger crowd reaction than Hamilton's win.

I think Alan Jones is losing his marbles. He started the proceedings by calling Nico Rosberg 'Keke' and wound things up by saying it won't be long before we see Danny Ricciardo win a race. Which is bizarre seeing as it's been barely a month since he won in Canada and if I remember rightly AJ was going to have 6am beers to celebrate.

I guess they must have been strong ones.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
An incredible race, the battle between Vettel and Alonso was nearly as good as the whinging they both did!

I bet Kimi didn't expect a drain next to the track, he'll of an impact but great that he seems relatively unhurt though I don't know how bad the ankle injury is.

With 10 laps to go I couldn't believe Daniel could make the tyres last so much kudos to him and the team, well played though the last lap was a nail biter with Jenson catching up so fast. Bottas is showing he is on the cusp as well.

AJ lost the plot a long time ago! Yes Keke was impressive!!