Forrest 6 Hour - June 5 2011

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
The Rider Info pack also says that the club can modify the rules at any time.
As is a tradition at our little event... there WILL be a small jog to get the blood pumping.
All will be revealed at the Rider Briefing at 9.45am Sunday.

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Do you mean 2nd beer coat Norm? :)

How long is this Le Mans start btw? I reckon by the time I get to my bike I will be stuffed :p
That is spot on. By the time you reach your bike you'll be stuffed! ;)

Latest weather report: Dark and damp but not raining

Roland

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My weather forecast for the race is dry until about 1-2pm. Who gives a stuff if it's cold. Hopefully I'll be riding hard enough to maintain some body temperature.

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Forrest 6Hr Results

Sorry about no progress results - no coverage out there to upload them.

Final results below, but a great finish in the Solo Women with Niki Fisher taking it from Peta Mullens by 1 second after they had been dueling all day, never out of sight of one another.

Luke Fetch convincingly took the Solo Men from Phil Orr.

Have split the Top 20 fastest lap times into Solos and Team as the Solos had a longer course.

View attachment Podiums_Final.pdf
View attachment T20_Laps_S_T_M_F.pdf
View attachment LapSplits_Final.pdf
View attachment CatSum_Final.pdf
View attachment Overal_Final.pdf

Perfect weather except for the last hour when it got very damp ...

A few happy snaps here - but none out on course except for the Kids Race.

Last edited:

Exie

Likes Dirt
Let me dive in with post-event feedback. This was the fist time I've ridden a 6hr race (3rd race ever for me!) It was a grueling event, but the track was unreal and the atmosphere was electric.

I didn't see or hear one bad thing all day, no hissy fits, no cussing, all the riders were super supportive and very polite when passing. I didnt see any gel wrappers, but quite a number of water biddons on the track, hopefully people went back for them, or had their names on them.

I couldn't have asked for a better day!

Perfect weather except for the last hour when it got very damp ...
Very damp is an understatement IMO. The heavens opened and it bucketed down. People were madly scrambling everywhere, but the rain had a humorous side (yes, I was wet also) so it didn't detract from the day at all.

Top event, and big kudos to all the Forrest guys & gals, all the trail work and setup/running of the event, all the volunteer marshals and due credit to all the other riders and support crew.

akashra

Eats Squid
Very damp is an understatement IMO. The heavens opened and it bucketed down. People were madly scrambling everywhere, but the rain had a humorous side (yes, I was wet also) so it didn't detract from the day at all.
Let me put it into perspective: It was so bad, our sweep* rider was unable to safely ride some remaining sections of the track, and it had to be done on foot.

Also, can I just point out a serious congratulations deserved: Eliza, who was paired with Jess through winning Giant's competition and has never done a race before - lap times consistently quicker than the 5th fastest solo male rider or any of the solo women. Nice work!

Edit 2: No pun related to my avatar is intended.

Last edited: