Germaine Greer can go and get f*cked.

tonas

Likes Dirt
The founder of the Australian Democrats, Don Chipp, and author and teacher Colin Thiele have both died in the past week. Both were great Australians. Both deserve better than this circus around Steve Irwin's demise.
True, but the common link between both Chipp and Thiele is their lack of contemporary prominence.

As a teenager I remembering repeatedly reading the final pages of 'Storm Boy' just for the emotional response it evoked in me, but these days you'd be hard pressed to get just 3 kids in any high school classroom to have read a page of a Thiele novel. Equally sad, the Democrats barely register a blip on Australia’s current political radar.

Irwin was the modern day Paul Hogan, only he wasn't playing out a film script.

Andy.

'Ross

Eats Squid
She is on a current affair right now giving Steve Irwin a bagging. Stupid bitch. She reckons he 'humiliated' animals and it was somehow revenge that he died. Pity Carl stefanovic couldnt ask any decent questions.

kerbdrop

Likes Dirt
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s1732743.htm

Have squiz through this..

Reading the transcript has given me a stirring insight into his life. Really, i have the greatest respect for him, and despite the intensely public mourning of his death, I think he deserved of this widespread respect.

As for Germain Greer, feminism is no longer a contemporary issue, so she has to find something else to quibble about. I think she should stick to her erotic fantasising of little boys..
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/050023809X
(somewhat more valid than her recent rantings)

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
She is on a current affair right now giving Steve Irwin a bagging. Stupid bitch. She reckons he 'humiliated' animals and it was somehow revenge that he died. Pity Carl stefanovic couldnt ask any decent questions.
ACA guy:"not one person has come out and agreed with you"
Germaine greer"yes, yes they have"
ACA guy: "germaine, you're making it up"
germaine greer: "that's irrelevant"

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Nice diversion from the point then, because that means SFA if the convictions are fucked.
What?! Hang on, I was replying to something you said about me that was completely off the mark! For the record, I respect courage of convictions, that doesn't mean you have to respect the view though. Courage and logic are two completely differing issues. I don't care what your point of view is if I'm measuring your intestinal fortitude, it has no relevance. Doesn't mean I disregard the point of view though, I can separate the two as I'm sure you can too.

feminism is no longer a contemporary issue,
Well, not if you're a male.

I'm actually disappointed to hear people think all is fine in the world of sexual equality. THat's a backwards step in itself.

kerbdrop

Likes Dirt
ACA guy:"not one person has come out and agreed with you"
Germaine greer"yes, yes they have"
ACA guy: "germaine, you're making it up"
germaine greer: "that's irrelevant"
oohhh Geeeeeezzzzz... **forehead slap**

ACA had the perfect opportunity to blow that b1tch out of the water... should have let the 7.30 report team have a go at her.

kerbdrop

Likes Dirt
me said:
feminism isn't a contemporary issue
Well, not if you're a male.

I'm actually disappointed to hear people think all is fine in the world of sexual equality. THat's a backwards step in itself.

I guess i should expound.. decades ago, when gender discrimination was rife, she made valid and brave views known, and was steadfast in the face of ensuing criticism. However, not content to twiddle her thumbs, I think now she is just stirring the pot.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
That I agree with, I also agree with MTBMamma's reasoning that full frontal attacks are not the best way to influence people. I also agree that she could have waited until the body was cold before she started with her hardline opinions.

tonas

Likes Dirt
Anyone that claims sexual equality has progressed any further than a bees dick than a since the late 60's is seriously misguided. Watch 15mins of commercial television, listen to 15mins of commercial radio, read half a dozen pages of any popular magazine at your local newsagents, etc. and you'll be confronted by multiple examples of sexism in today's consumer culture.

Feminist ideology is just out of step with the current social/political climate.

Andy.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I have a great deal of trouble talking to Feminists (3 years of Sociology was TORTURE!) but many of them have valid points, they just think that no man could ever understand.

One thing that makes me SOOOO angry is all the titty girls at car races, dancing girls at the footy etc. Where are the hunky men for the women? I see women at car races and footy all the time? Why do we ignore them? IS it like they're not welcome or something?

I have no problem with objectification if it is evenly dispersed and all are welcome to enjoy in it. We all objectify to a certain degree when we appreciate the appearance of some one we don't know whether they be on screen or walking down the street. There's nothing wrong with it when it's not exclusive.

That's my rant.

custard

Banned
saw the video on the news tonight..

what a complete bitch....

hope she gets shot in the face, then stomped on the face, then belted with a shovel on the face, then shot again... and then say sorry i thought you were a deer...

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
oohhh Geeeeeezzzzz... **forehead slap**

ACA had the perfect opportunity to blow that b1tch out of the water... should have let the 7.30 report team have a go at her.
Kerry O'brien struggles to interview anyone.

ahh fuck i hate that stupid hoe my stupid mums allllllways going on about how much she did for the womans of the 60s ahh shes just a stupid lesbian witha slanted view of the world :mad:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
saw the video on the news tonight..

what a complete bitch....

hope she gets shot in the face, then stomped on the face, then belted with a shovel on the face, then shot again... and then say sorry i thought you were a deer...
ahh fuck i hate that stupid hoe my stupid mums allllllways going on about how much she did for the womans of the 60s ahh shes just a stupid lesbian witha slanted view of the world :mad:
Ok, things are starting to get pretty juvenile anround here. Tone the crap down please.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Dude, people like you are the reason why there will always be people like Germain Greer. Listen to yourself. Think about what you said. Figure it out.:mad:

melbourne rider

The Select Phew
i dont like that lady.
she's mean and crude, this is obviously a cry of attention because she's a no-body these days.
i hope she dies:)

~# melbourne rider #~

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
I have a great deal of trouble talking to Feminists (3 years of Sociology was TORTURE!) but many of them have valid points, they just think that no man could ever understand.

One thing that makes me SOOOO angry is all the titty girls at car races, dancing girls at the footy etc. Where are the hunky men for the women? I see women at car races and footy all the time? Why do we ignore them? IS it like they're not welcome or something?

I have no problem with objectification if it is evenly dispersed and all are welcome to enjoy in it. We all objectify to a certain degree when we appreciate the appearance of some one we don't know whether they be on screen or walking down the street. There's nothing wrong with it when it's not exclusive.

That's my rant.
Thanks Johnny for the balancing of objectification of the sexes. My problem at the State Championships was that there were the Red Bull Girls but where were the Red Bull Boys for us females? Just joking.

I have spent my life watching, supporting and competing in and around male dominated sports like Motor Racing, Power Boat Racing, Motocross riding and now Mountain Biking and as a female you just get used to seeing the titty girls and the dancing girls. Trouble is any other females just get ignored when these girls arrive at a place. Is it that they are new faces (they do have faces guys trust me) or that their uniforms are so "out of place".

The guys don't make you feel unwelcome but once these girls arrive you don't exist, not bad for me but for the younger girls it must be quite disappointing. Remember that all you young guys especially when your girl is with you!!

I don't mind one way or the other, merely wondering. :rolleyes:

S.

ex offender
What?! Hang on, I was replying to something you said about me that was completely off the mark! For the record, I respect courage of convictions, that doesn't mean you have to respect the view though. Courage and logic are two completely differing issues. I don't care what your point of view is if I'm measuring your intestinal fortitude, it has no relevance. Doesn't mean I disregard the point of view though, I can separate the two as I'm sure you can too.
Then why did you bring up the "courage of convictions" thing when it was clearly the ARGUMENTS (well and the person or lack thereof) I was flaming, not how deeply she believed in em?

That's my rant.
I just refuse to listen to hardliners (yes I am aware of the massive hypocrisy here) - anyone who is forceful with their opinion gets ignored and/or mocked... usually mocked.

As far as the "titty girls", that's just marketing - more guys than girls pay attention to motor racing and footy, so naturally the models and whatnot are usually girls. I kind of agree though - personally I think it's just tacky to have those kinds of T&A girls around just for the sake of it, and while I like to cop an eyeful as much as the next bloke, it's pretty lame to use girls like that as some kind of sideshow. But I'm yet to meet any girls who have made an issue of it... most of them seem to accept it and get over it.

Dude, people like you are the reason why there will always be people like Germain Greer. Listen to yourself. Think about what you said. Figure it out.:mad:
I think you missed the ironic humour of his post there mate. I thought it was hilarious. Don't know if it was intentional though...

Thanks Johnny for the balancing of objectification of the sexes. My problem at the State Championships was that there were the Red Bull Girls but where were the Red Bull Boys for us females? Just joking.

I have spent my life watching, supporting and competing in and around male dominated sports like Motor Racing, Power Boat Racing, Motocross riding and now Mountain Biking and as a female you just get used to seeing the titty girls and the dancing girls. Trouble is any other females just get ignored when these girls arrive at a place. Is it that they are new faces (they do have faces guys trust me) or that their uniforms are so "out of place".

The guys don't make you feel unwelcome but once these girls arrive you don't exist, not bad for me but for the younger girls it must be quite disappointing. Remember that all you young guys especially when your girl is with you!!

I don't mind one way or the other, merely wondering. :rolleyes:
A woman with a reasonable opinion... how quaint :p

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
Then why did you bring up the "courage of convictions" thing when it was clearly the ARGUMENTS (well and the person or lack thereof) I was flaming, not how deeply she believed in em?

I just refuse to listen to hardliners (yes I am aware of the massive hypocrisy here) - anyone who is forceful with their opinion gets ignored and/or mocked... usually mocked.

As far as the "titty girls", that's just marketing - more guys than girls pay attention to motor racing and footy, so naturally the models and whatnot are usually girls. I kind of agree though - personally I think it's just tacky to have those kinds of T&A girls around just for the sake of it, and while I like to cop an eyeful as much as the next bloke, it's pretty lame to use girls like that as some kind of sideshow. But I'm yet to meet any girls who have made an issue of it... most of them seem to accept it and get over it.

I think you missed the ironic humour of his post there mate. I thought it was hilarious. Don't know if it was intentional though...

A woman with a reasonable opinion... how quaint :p
We do exist you know!! Just got to look past the t & a!!:p ;)