Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

green_chairs

Likes Dirt
Finally read it!

Hey guys,

I've been reading a few pages of this a day, and its taken me nearly a month to read the whole thread! Some great info in there. Time for me to jump on the band wagon.

Name: Pete
Height: 6'
Weight: 104kg
Goal: 85-90kg ish.

Diet:
Brekky - Bowl of museli, two eggs, two bits of bread
Lunch/Dinner (both at work due to hours) - Usually a stew (slowcooker) with veg, no rice.
Snacks - 2 protein shakes (one after workout, one when I get hungry) couple of bits of fruit
Weekends its a free for all, but I try to eat pretty good. Usually steaks w/veg, roast etc.

Exercise:
Boxing (boxercise) 3 times a week, weights three times a week (one day arms and shoulders, one day legs, one day chest and back). Get my bike back on wednesday after 3 months, so be good to start riding again too. Starting to change some of my exercises to more compound instead of iso, as per slips advice and to try and get similar benefits as Rippetoe's.

Thoughts, comments?

Cheers

Plow King

Little bit.
My original post

Name: Chris
Height: 182
Start Weight: 118
Current Weight: 108
Desired Weight: 95ish. (Granted I'm not exactly the slimmest person but I have quite abit of muscle from the many years I've played sports ect. )
BMI: alot
Current Eating plan: Basically eat regularly and cut out the crap. Just cutting out Coke has made a huge impact to my body. I've lost 7kilo's in the past 2 and a half weeks just by implementing this strategy.
Current Work out plan: Basically I've changed my sleeping pattern which in turn has dramatically influenced the way and what I eat. If I goto bed early this means I wake up early and eat a big breakfast and take the dog out for a walk. On Friday/Saturday/Sunday I have been riding a shitload, doing push runs, shuttles and what not. Every Friday/Saturday and sunday for the last few weeks I have been busting my arse on the dh tracks trying to get fitter. Hell I've even opented to do push runs instead of shuttles to get fitter. Also I've been hitting up the push ups and sit ups in the morning, trying to get atleast one more than the day before.

Chris.
My edited version.

Name: Chris
Height: 182
Start Weight: 118
Current Weight: 77.5
Desired Weight: 75ish. I have no muscle in my upper body. I'm a weedy motherfucker with good calves. being fat doesnt mean you have/ge more muscles. It means you're a fat F**K
BMI: 24ish. BMI is a pos shit crap means of measurement. How many fat people use 'OMFG ITS MUSCLE' No! You're a fat f**k eat some carrots and chase your dog.
Current Eating plan: Eat normally and healthily. Subway for lunch most days, meat and vege, occasional chocolate bar etc. Just keep up the exercise.
Current Work out plan: Work for 8-9 hours mowing lawns and you could eat out of rosie o'donnell's pussy all day and not put on any weight. But I usually head to the gym for a 30minute - 5-6km run everyday im not working plus some other shit. been working the weights too, weights suck. But women like muscles apparently. Picky motherf**kers. If I'm feeling extra energetic I'll run 10-11km but that's generally only to shit the gym posers that think they're awesome.

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Here's a typical week for me:

Monday: AM: 40 minute swim. PM: 1 hour weights, 20 minute run.
Tues: AM: 40 minute swim. PM: 1 hour cycle. 1 hour weights, 20 minute run.
Wednesday: PM: 2+ hours downhill mountain biking
Thursday: AM: 1 hour 30 minute cycle.
Friday: AM: 40 minute swim. PM: 1.5 hours weights, 20 minute run.
Saturday: AM: 3+ hour downhill
Sunday: AM: 1 hour weights, 20 minute run.

The above is definitely not 100% (at least according to the days), but as you can see, I typically get:

4.5+ hours per week of weights (Chest/tris - 1 hr, Back/bis 1 hour, Legs/shoulders 1.5 hrs)
2 hours per week of swimming
1.5 hours per week of running
2+ hours per week of cycling (road)
5+ hours per week of downhill mountain biking

Now, I've also recently started doing triathlons, which obviously require a fair bit of training in order to maintain competitiveness. However, my heart (and interest, motivation) is definitely still in body building and downhill mountain biking. I *like* to go to the gym, and I *like* to ride DH and my road bike - Not so much with swimming, running etc. That's more of a forced thing. Triathlons at this point, are still a "secondary" thing in comparison to my body building. Not sure if I can maintain this.

Before I go into too much detail -

1. Perhaps it would be best for me to set up a weekly calendar (similar to the above) that I can stick by, so that I'm more motivated (and organised) to achieve constant training in each area.

and

2. That is, of course, if it is deemed that I'm not doing too much already, or if any training may adversely impact my body building (i.e. burning too many carbs, burning too much energy instead of using it when doing weights etc.)

Your input would be very much appreciated :)

Last edited:

schwing

Likes Dirt
Hells bells ! take a break - your body is heading for breakdown!
triathlon is almost the antithesis of bodybuilding - using and developing different muscle types. Pretty much impossible to do both at the same time efficiently.
Admire your work ethic though- I'm sure any body building coach would recommend more rest.
I've heard cycling through growth and endurance phases makes it better, but a whippet will always beat a bulldog in a race around the dog park

Last edited:

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
triathlon is almost the antithesis of bodybuilding
Quoted for truth. You don't need to have a lot of muscle bulk at all to be able to complete and do well in Triathlons. If you go to any international race event and look at the field there's hardly any buffed up competitors, apart from some of the Elite men!

You can win international events in tri's with zero gym work at all!

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Thanks,

I'm not bulking to perform better at Tri, just to look & feel better, tone up, get a bit stronger (particularly core) etc.

I am still interested in Tri, however, BB is the primary thing at the moment.

I might look into adventure racing (MTB, running, kayak) in the near future, instead of Tri

dilstubs

Likes Dirt

Name:Dylan stubbings
Height:167
Start Weight:73.5
Current Weight:64.2
Desired Weight:62Ish
BMI:22.9
Current Workout Plan:3 hours riding each day. 20 60KG bench presses. 60 push-ups and 40 sit-ups. Sometimes I have days where I don't do anything at all though.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks,

I'm not bulking to perform better at Tri, just to look & feel better, tone up, get a bit stronger (particularly core) etc.

I am still interested in Tri, however, BB is the primary thing at the moment.

I might look into adventure racing (MTB, running, kayak) in the near future, instead of Tri
Aaahkay, the extra bulk will probably help you perform in the more adventure racing side of things, being more of a "slog" sort of thing. I have no bulk at all, hence why i stick to tri's :eek: :p And i was kinda brought up in the most Triathlonatic (new word!) atmosphere possible.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Dear Plow,

Stop running, start lifting.

Love,
Everyone.

Or, I have another idea. 1 jog per week. 3 x serious hill sprint (100 steps or so at full pace up a really fucking steep hill x 4-8) sessions per week. You will gain upper body muscle. Add pushups and chinups. Done.

Seriously, that is pretty much my training now. Sprints, pushups (many types), chinups, jump squats.

Green Chairs - Good move trying to get less isolation happening. If you're going to do 40 reps of something, might as well work a few muscles instead of just biceps.

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Quick question on protein:

Does anyone do a rapidly absorbed protein+carb powder that mixes nicely with water and isn't a "shake-y" flavour that I can drink while doing my post weight training cardio?

I'm planning on doing more cardio (changed my work hours so I can get more gym time) next year and it'll probably be around an hour before I could have a shake.

Musashi and redbak used to do something similar, but I don't think they ever sold it in powder form and the Redbak one was full of caffeine.

Any ideas?

Does anyone do a rapidly absorbed protein+carb powder that mixes nicely with water and isn't a "shake-y" flavour that I can drink while doing my post weight training cardio?

I'm planning on doing more cardio (changed my work hours so I can get more gym time) next year and it'll probably be around an hour before I could have a shake.

Musashi and redbak used to do something similar, but I don't think they ever sold it in powder form and the Redbak one was full of caffeine.

Any ideas?
I've used Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey in the chocolate. It mixes well with water and tastes better than most. If chocolate is too "shakey" you could try getting the natural wpi from bulknutrients.com.au and get a bag of the lime flavouring. I havent tried the lime with wpi but i have tried it with bca's. The lime manages to hide most of the wet dog flavour.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
I've used Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey in the chocolate. It mixes well with water and tastes better than most. If chocolate is too "shakey" you could try getting the natural wpi from bulknutrients.com.au and get a bag of the lime flavouring. I havent tried the lime with wpi but i have tried it with bca's. The lime manages to hide most of the wet dog flavour.
Whereabouts do you buy the Optimum? Someone from work seems to love it, might be interested. Sick of musashi vanilla.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!

Any ideas?
Max's does a wicked tropical flavoured carb/protein/creatine shake that goes really well with water. Marketed as a pre or post (can't remember which), it's delicious. I think the flavour is Pine Orange.

Edit: Possibly discontinued or restyled as a weight gainer in their current lineup, good supplement store will know the go.

Last edited:

cretin...rider

Likes Dirt
Ok i think this might be the right thread?

This probably sounds silly but what protein should i be using, going to the gym at least once a day in school holidays and i think Musashi bulk is an over kill so what are the guru's advice?

Matt H

Eats Squid
What are you goals? General weight gain or lean muscle mass? Sort out your diet first, then worry about protein powders.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok i think this might be the right thread?

This probably sounds silly but what protein should i be using, going to the gym at least once a day in school holidays and i think Musashi bulk is an over kill so what are the guru's advice?
Musashi Bulk has about 27g of protein if I remember correctly. Which is hardly overkill. It's almost 50/50 carbs, a lot of that being sugar. I prefer shakes with just whey protein and nothing else (ie. no sugar). It seems ok and you could probably use it as a pre as well as post workout shake.