Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

Matt H

Eats Squid
Most followers of SS will tell you that there's far too much accessory work there. How long do you workouts usually last for? Also, you should only have one working set of deadlifts. Plateau is normal, if you find that you're starting to stall you should deload your lifts by a few kg and then start working your way up again. Keeping a record of your lifts for each workout helps track your progress.

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
I have a full record, including how much I've reset (or deloaded) by, in % of total original weight for each of the core workouts.

The workout will normally take about an hour. Maybe a bit more if the gym is busy.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm going to make a home made power cage/squat rack if I can't find a second hand one soon. Has any body found some good plans or done this themselves? I found some really detailed plans while I was at uni but can't seem to find them at the moment. I'll post them when I do.

Plow King

Little bit.
Does anyone till eat properly and exericise on this forum or are we aiming for the 100% cake, sedative diet?

This thread has been pretty quiet.

Damienp

Likes Dirt
I have been getting my diet back on track after a few weeks of half arsedness.

Only tend to have bread once a week so will be cutting that out again and getting on the health train once again. Probably jump on the scales sunday morning and see how everything sits as my new baseline.

Back at the gym and using cross trainer and others. Back on the weights program next week. Slowly building up duration and intensity this time as i have had a bad knee all year and its starting to come good.

Bad thing is am about to sell both bikes to buy a new one but will be bike less for a lil while as i save for the rest of it. :(

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Bump - Is it worth buying protein/creatine etc online, or just go to a shop?

What online shops?
It's worth shopping around a bit, but in general I've found it's cheapest buying in person from Mr Vitamins in Chatswood. There are probably other shops that are just as cheap around, but prices can vary enormously, so it's worth looking about.

The only thing I buy online is my Redbak nitric stack supplement, which no physical stores near me seem to carry. It's one of the few nitric oxide supps which isn't loaded with caffeine, which for some reason makes it unpopular.

I used to order most stuff online, but by the time shipping was factored in it wasn't any more expensive to just go buy the stuff in person. When I do order online, I mostly order through Discount Vitamin Express.

Matt H

Eats Squid
The worst thing about buying at shops is the absolute broscience some of the salespeople will try to teach you.

Plow King

Little bit.
True story..

I goto subway... Ask for a little bit of mayonaise on my sub and they put like 10tonnes of the shit on. SRSLY. Ffs. 'Would you like some bread with your mayonaise

On a weight note. At 78kg atm and thats where I plan on staying. :)

Edit- Rachael's interpretation of fat Plow

Attachments

Last edited:

skivi

Likes Dirt
I'm after some basic advice on simple Core Strength style exercises i can do at home or at the park as I'd rather not have to pay for a gym membership while I'm renting an apartment.

i'm 21, 195cm and 66kg.
i run twice a week for about an hour to an hour 1/2 (10-17km's usually) and am hoping to get in at least 120km's on the road bike twice week (2x 60km's) with the possibility of swimming laps one night a week for as long as i can endure, so thats 5 days a week of activity.

I'm a think as a rake thanks to years of being a roadie but would like some more strength and muscle definition though I'm not really interested in bulking up, besides i think this is pretty much the body type I'm supposed to have, i doubt I'll naturally fill out.

I'm after advice on specific exercises and how and when they should be done in relation to other similar exercises, ie pushups, situps, chinups etc.

I'm open to investing money into a personal trainer so a one off consultation to devise a program, would that be my best bet?

darsh

Likes Dirt
I'm after some basic advice on simple Core Strength style exercises i can do at home or at the park as I'd rather not have to pay for a gym membership while I'm renting an apartment.

i'm 21, 195cm and 66kg.
i run twice a week for about an hour to an hour 1/2 (10-17km's usually) and am hoping to get in at least 120km's on the road bike twice week (2x 60km's) with the possibility of swimming laps one night a week for as long as i can endure, so thats 5 days a week of activity.

I'm a think as a rake thanks to years of being a roadie but would like some more strength and muscle definition though I'm not really interested in bulking up, besides i think this is pretty much the body type I'm supposed to have, i doubt I'll naturally fill out.

I'm after advice on specific exercises and how and when they should be done in relation to other similar exercises, ie pushups, situps, chinups etc.

I'm open to investing money into a personal trainer so a one off consultation to devise a program, would that be my best bet?
Give the personal trainer a miss and find yourself Pilates instructor or Yoga teacher. You will save yourself time and dollars, most core work originates from these disciplines.

Matt H

Eats Squid
I deadlifted 100kg last night. It's not really that much but I'm still a pretty scrawny bastard so I'm stoked.

green_chairs

Likes Dirt
Some light diet relief...

> Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
> A: Your heart only good for so many beats, and that it...don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.
>
> Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
> A: You must grasp logistical efficiency. What does cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So steak is nothing more than efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef also good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And pork chop can give you 100% of recommended daily allowance of vegetable product.
>
> Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
> A: No, not at all. Wine made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!
>
> Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
> A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio two to one, etc.
>
> Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
> A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No pain...good!
>
> Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
> A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food are fried these day in vegetable oil. In fact, they permeated by it. How could getting more vegetable be bad for you?!?
>
> Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
> A: Definitely not! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.
>
> Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
> A: Are you crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!
>
> Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
> A: If swimming good for your figure, explain whale to me..
>
> Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
> A: Hey! 'Round' is a shape!
>
> Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.
>
> For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.
>
> 1. The Japanese eat very little fat
> and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.
>
> 2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat
>
> 3. The Chinese drink very little red wine
>
> 4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine
>
> 5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats
>
> CONCLUSION:
>
> Eat and drink what you like.
> Speaking English is apparently what kills you

Plow King

Little bit.
SLIP.

Whats the deal with mangos? I have a fettish, willn they make me fat? Talking.. 2-3 a day here. Usually one with breakfast, lunch or afterwork out or something.

Still exercising regularly. Usually 10km on a treddy 5/6 days a week.