Giant 2017 range

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A coil on a reign is gravy. Am loving mine at the moe.

It does seem a little sad that they are not bring any of the SX lines in.

I could happily see a SX anthem as a second bike to my reign. Or third if you could the unrideable 26" steel hardtail.
I thought we were generally like a year behind the US so that means we would likely have the SX next year.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
No. The factory only produce the current range; what is available in any given region is the decision of the regional distributor. There's a lot of stuff available overseas that never gets here.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What I was going off is the basket type shock mount on the Trance (this is going way back to 2006), in the US they had changed it to the new though frame type thing where the mount was underneath and I'm pretty sure in Aus we didn't get the change until the year after.

So yes I think you're right because we're talking about particular models rather than major design changes!

herbman

Likes Dirt
What I was going off is the basket type shock mount on the Trance (this is going way back to 2006), in the US they had changed it to the new though frame type thing where the mount was underneath and I'm pretty sure in Aus we didn't get the change until the year after.

So yes I think you're right because we're talking about particular models rather than major design changes!
I think those days are now long gone.

Anyone out there had a spin on the new anthem?

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No. The factory only produce the current range; what is available in any given region is the decision of the regional distributor. There's a lot of stuff available overseas that never gets here.
So no chance of
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/xtc.advanced.27.5.2/26044/92801/#overview

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/xtc.advanced.27.5.ss/26045/92802/

or

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/anthem.sx.2/26036/92793/#overview ?

Also rumours of a longer travel 29er for release between now and Dec - unlikely to see our shores?

cammas

Seamstress
Asked Giant about the XTC plus models as I was interested in the SS one and they said there was no plans to bring it here

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I will take a look at these if the cost of a us dropbox, exchange rate, gst and postage is not that outrageous.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Doesn't look like some of the models I'm interested in (TA) will be here until possibly December.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Also rumours of a longer tI think that's a case of the press putting two and two together ravel 29er for release between now and Dec - unlikely to see our shores?
I think that's a case of the press putting two & two together and coming out with five. No mention in the global launch package of any such beast.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For anyone interested in sizing, I took a medium advanced 1 2017 Trance for a carpark spin. My knees hit the handle bars when turning in circles.. I'm 181-182cm, 81-82 inseam. Didn't get to ride the large yet but the medium is off the cards.

Last edited:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
For anyone interested in sizing, I took a medium advanced 1 2017 for a carpark spin. My knees hit the handle bars when turning in circles.. I'm 181-182cm, 81-82 inseam. Didn't get to ride the large yet but the medium is off the cards.
A medium advanced 1 what? Reign? Anthem? Trance?