Hello! Welcome! Who are you?

toofar22

Likes Dirt

How old are you?

What state do you live?

Vic

How long have you been riding?
Since I was about 3.5. Always had a pushie and a motorbike.

Whats styles of riding do you do?
XC and all mountain/trail riding. Have done a little bit of down hill whilst I lived in Japan.

How often do you ride?
Once a week.

Tell us about your bike/s?
Intense Tracer 275, X9/X0 build. My other bikes go BRAAAP.

Have you had any significant bike related injuries?
Fell off once at a set of lights locked into a new set of pedals. That's about it I think.

Do you compete and at what level?
Not really. I did do the Bike buller thing this year, just stage 2. It was my first race ever on a mountain bike. Below should be a pic of me at Buller number flapping in the air like a total swapper. =)

Any cycling highlights worth posting?
Kind of got back into cycling after visiting Queenstown over Chrissie last year and doing a heli tour up to the top of the remarkables. Used to race track when I was in High school until I got too dizzy.

What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn?

Whats your biggest or favourite rant?
I unapologetically:
-> ride a 650B. Not because I think different wheel sizes are better, just because I love my bike.
-> Use Strava as a motivational tool. Fat old buggers need motivation to get off the couch!

Swapper.jpg

EXSSVE

Likes Dirt
How old are you? 45 (wow, had to figure that one out)
What state do you live? Victoria (Portland, I think Puerto Tierra has put people off from answering my noob post :flame:)

How long have you been riding? on and off, 40 years

Whats styles of riding do you do? Gumby

How often do you ride? Daily, just gave up the smokes (yesdee) and bought a mountain bike, theory is every time I 'need' a smoke, I'll do a lap of the block to take my mind off it.

Tell us about your bike/s? Scott Aspect (950)

Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Split a nail putting a headlight on.

Do you compete and at what level? Only with my 5yr old son, backyard XC.. Plan on doing some races later in the year. (when I'm fitter)

Any cycling highights worth posting? Yeah, bought a half decent, non Kmart MTB.

What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Any that tickle my fancy.

Whats your biggest or favourite rant? -

Another mid life crisis bloke.

My username, is from the first bike my dad bought me aged 5 , which was way too big, which he screwed wooden blocks to the pedals so I could reach. I also broke my arm that very first day on that bike, in the morning!!! Thanks dad!!

Just getting back into cycling after putting on waay to much weight for my little frame!,

Planning on riding the cape to cape this year, so any other vets out there in the same boat don't feel alone!,

I also try to run 2 times a week , and I play squash!!

How old are you? 38

What state do you live? W.A.

How long have you been riding? 33 years??!!

Whats styles of riding do you do? Road / trail / motorbike

How often do you ride? 3-4 times p/w

Tell us about your bike/s? Old and new, loving the new cannondale!!!

Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Otb experience yesterday., does that count??

Do you compete and at what level? No

Any cycling highights worth posting? No

What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Pmbc

Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Mobile phone car driving multitaskers!!:mmph:

camoshop

Banned
Hey guy's My names Cam, I'm an apparel Graphic designer.
How old are you?
What state do you live?
NSW
Lost my training wheels at 3 and a half, always enjoyed some form of riding since then.
Living close to the mountains i mainly ride XC but when i get a chance i still like to have a spin on the bmx and fixed gear.
How often do you ride?
4 times a week.
Since moving back from Melbourne i dusted of my 2005 avanti hard tail, upgraded a few components that where outdated or broken and having fun with that until i decide what frame/fork combo i want to go with next. i also have a track bike(fixed gear), single speed cruiser and a couple of bmx's
A few cuts and bruises over the years, no broken bones..
not yet, i hope to join the local club and start racing xc
Any cycling highights worth posting?
Rode 100km riding fixed, that was a personal goal i was building up to.
I've only just joined still exploring all the forum, its set up a little different to another bike forum i'm on.
When cars, 4wd's either speed up/swerve or throw things at you while riding. I've had a glass bottle thrown at me once that ended up slashing my tire, wasn't good being 50km into a ride.

uzzi

Likes Bikes
How old are you - 45
What state do you live -Brisbane
How long have you been riding- in Brisbane - 10 years
Whats styles of riding do you do -All Mountain, rockier the better, some downhill,
How often do you ride- weekends
Tell us about your bike/s- 2010 Intense Uzzi - just had it resprayed - se attached
Have you had any significant bike related injuries = fractures only, collarbone, fingers, eye socket, nothing broken
Do you compete and at what level - I compete against all the young fella's and bush walkers
Any cycling highights worth posting -6 push runs at Clear Mountain, not sure if that is an achievement - was for me
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn - General, Parts and Stuff, New Posts
Whats your biggest or favourite rant - "Who cares if I wear a full face, its my bloody head i'm looking after !Respray Intense.jpg

Daz7

Cannon Fodder
Just picked up my new to me bike last night, so figured I should fill this in.....

How old are you?

What state do you live?
NSW

4-5

Bit of everything

How often do you ride?
Not enough

Pivot Firebird XT - Cervelo S2

No, just the normal off thats mostly my fault.

No

Any cycling highlights worth posting?
We used to break a couple of dragster frames a year from jumping when I was a teen lol

Glance at all of them

Try not to rant.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
How old are you?
42 .... Farrrkkkk

What state do you live?
NSW

Prob started early teens, gave up mid teens when I discovered alcohol .... mates introduced me to MTB in late 07, within 1 mth, I snapped the Canondale frame they loaned me,,,, oopppsss. So here I am, a few years later, thousands out, a few bikes built/sold, few trips to hospital still with the biggest smile on my face..

In my teens, it was bit of BMX and that new Freestyle BMX thingy.... Since MTB, started off AM, then got roped into FR/DH. After popping out a couple of little ones and being banned I'm back to AM.

How often do you ride?
Try and get out twice a week

ATM my do everything bike is an antique 2012 Santa Cruz V10c

Thousands... Haha haven't broken too many bones, tend to dislocate and tear ligaments(wonderful injuries that never go away), some of the more memorable ones were, grade 3 AC joints, dislocated shoulder/shoulder blade, fractured sternum n ribs, torn ligaments in ankles, knees etc etc prob should be banned from riding altogether....

Nope... I'll just hurt myself

Was pedalling into this big drop in the wet, slipped a pedal, and went off the thing with one foot completely off the pedal, bum on my seat, heart in my throat.... Landed the farka and rode it out.... Hahaha

Post ur ride, trading.

None really... I don't discriminate, I hate everyone and everything equally :)

Static 81

Likes Bikes
Hey guys, the Name is Heath.
I've been on the forums for a while now but have really only started using them.
This looked like fun and I fit the bill. Only just...... :behindsofa:

How old are you?
What state do you live?
NSW
On and off since I was 3
I started off like any other young boy and always had a bike of some form. I started racing BMX at 13yo and then moved onto freestyle and dirt jumping from there. I graduated to a dirtbike (got too lazy to pedal) and now I have myself a MTB.
How often do you ride?
Nowhere near enough. I can't even put it into monthly figures at this stage.
At the moment I have a Norco Sasquatch that everyone tells me is too small for me, but being from a BMX background, I found it was a perfect fit.
Broken wrists (Twice), Collarbone (3 times in as many months), Split shins and countless concussions.
Not currently, but would love to check out the local 4x scene.
Zero, Zip, Nada
Although I have been a member on here for some time now, I have really only started to use the forums.
I am a massive grammar Nazi and I take pride in the way I portray myself. I try not to carry on too much with it, but I figure if I can take the time to get it right, why can't everyone else?

Mun

Squid

How old are you? 35
What state do you live? Townsville, N/th QLD
How long have you been riding? 6 months
Whats styles of riding do you do? XC, trail,
How often do you ride? 3/week
Tell us about your bike/s? 2013 trek remedy 8, xfusion slant, rental fat bars, straight line silent guide. 1x 10 setup.
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? no, back feels great since taking up the sport!
Do you compete and at what level? no not yet.

Mun

Never too old!

[Hi all,

Tony here, this is my first post so just introducing myself. I've been riding mountain bike since I was a kid in one way or another, mostly all mountain riding with a few good mates. I bought my first DH bike last year at age 41 and as my wife keeps telling me I'm addicted.

How old are you? 42
What state do you live? Tassie
How long have you been riding? Since I was a kid
Whats styles of riding do you do? All mountain and DH
How often do you ride? 2-3 times a week
Tell us about your bike/s? Got a 2005 Reign, just can't part with the frame and have just completely rebuilt it with sweet upgrades AND a 2009 Norco Atomic sled which is definitely getting more tired than me and is soon to be retired when I find a replacement.
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Broken arm and fractured hip.
Do you compete and at what level? Never competed, have always ridden for fun and the rush
Any cycling highights worth posting? Most Dh runs down Mt. Wellington near Hobart.
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Only just started using rotor burn but have been checking out the trading area a bit.

Answer as much or as little as you feel like doing...this is meant to be fun not a chore!![/QUOTE]

mjs181

Squid
Hey all, new to the forum. Names Mark.

How old are you?
35 Years young
What state do you live?
NSW
Since I was 5.. Started on BMX and progressed to BMX freestyle...
These days mainly Downhill, some all mountain and a roadie
How often do you ride?
Previous to my injury, spent everyday on my bike working for almost 18 months in South America as a mtb guide and racing dh
ONly a roadie at current. Merida Scultura Evo 904 and most previous mtb's were a 2012 Santa Cruz V10c, 2012 Kona Entourage Deluxe. Sold to fund below injury
Open compund fracture of my right tib and fib just above the ankle. 2 surgeries, a plate, 6 screws and 2 rods, South American track building, South American Safety, no travel insurance, the Bolivian medical system and a bit of stupidity on my behalf, the bikes had to be sold, flights home had to be booked, and rehab had to begin. 10 Months later and just about ready to race again :).
I was racing Elite in South AMerica. Masters is for over 35's there for some unknown reason. Semi sponsored deals through Kona, Santa Cruz etc via the company I was riding with
2nd in Elite in a UCI sanctioned nationals in Bolivia and 3rd in the Inca Avalanche DH in Peru... Riding in the Andes is simply breathtaking.
Newbie but probably will be trading area. hahaha
People not respecting local trails and local builders. If you wreck it, fix it up for all to enjoy next time.

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
How old are you?49
What state do you live? FNQ - Just outside Atherton
How long have you been riding? Since 1988 - first real race. On and off since then, mainly on though
Whats styles of riding do you do? XC, AM.
How often do you ride? 3-4 times / week including night rides
Tell us about your bike/s? 2010 Giant Trance X1, 2011 Reign X0 soon to have Norco Sight 7.1 Carbon
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Luckily nothing really significant, my left shoulder has been sore for 3 months since a big OTB but I cant be arsed getting it checked out as I am not about to have surgery
Do you compete and at what level? Yes, club level XC, Marathons etc Every race up around Cairns in 2011, 2012 but backed off a bit this year due to work, injury and illness
Any cycling highights worth posting? I thought 8th in the RRR sport catagory was pretty good for an old bloke. I consider myself a participant rather than a serious contender. Heading to NZ for our third riding holiday in January. Biggest and ongoing highlight is having my 14 year old son absolutley love MTB and whats more he flies!!!
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? General, parts and components, Xc and Marathon, AM.
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? "There is no place in recreational mountain biking for hard tails with 2 exceptions 1] You cant afford a decent duallie 2] You are a serious XC contender and need every effort transferred in to forward momentum at the exspence of comfort, control and fun. It shits me to tears meeting ex/current roadies who get in to MTB and then turn up on weight weenie hardtails with 0 degree head angles and then wonder why the aren't having much fun. They need to get their heads out of their combined arses and acknowledge that low weight is not the defining characteristic of an MTB.

Last edited:

Descente

Cannon Fodder
How old are you? 32
What state do you live in? Melbourne/ Victoria
How long have you been riding? I have been seriously hitting up the local trails for about 4 months now.....so I'm still a newbie.....
What styles of riding do you do? XC and DH
How often do you ride? As much as I can....generally twice a week but want to ride more!
Tell us about your bike. I ride a Fuji Nevada 2.0 with upgraded Marzocchi XC 500 forks.....I do love this bike with the new forks....it's teaching me some skills for future Downhill challenges....
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Well......just last Monday I was bombing through a rock garden and my front wheel hit a big rock that was hidden in a clump of grass......I went OTB.....i don't recall the whole fall....but I remember hitting the ground and landing on some sharp rocks.....the end result half of my leg has major bruising and is still quite swollen. I hope I can get back on my bike soon I'm having withdrawls lol!
Do you compete? Nope but once I get some skills I very much hope to compete in DH.
What forums/subforums do you visit the most? Downhill, Girls only, vets and what ever else tickles my fancy

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Well after 1400 odd warm up posts, I feel just enough of the veil of my innate shyness and modesty parting to have a stab at this...:first:

How old are you? 40 physically, 15 mentally.
What state do you live? Victoria.
How long have you been riding? since about 4, a 10 year hiatus just ended middle of last year.
Whats styles of riding do you do? there is absolutely no style involved in what I call riding. Disciplines though are XC,/Trail/AM.
How often do you ride? Try for once a week year round ,but get out for an hour ever night during the summer.
Tell us about your bike/s? GT Force bought second hand for nix, and upgraded for about 2x retail. :high5:
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Pride, last time I was passed by an eighty year old while in the granny ring.
Do you compete and at what level? Just with my inner Demons.
Any cycling highlights worth posting? No, but my bike did ride me down 20 or 30 steps on the Great Ocean Walk trail at Easter. Seriously, who puts fricken stairs on a fricken walking trail? Bastards!
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn?Hovering over the New Posts button, always looking for an opportunity to dazzle and delight with my irresistible wit and charm.
Whats your biggest or favourite rant?Fricken stairs, on fricken walking tr........what? Oh, right. Bastards who want to kill sharks & laws preventing you from killing dead-beat brother-in-laws.

See you on the trails Farkers, I'll be the one upside down in a tree.

PeteC

Cannon Fodder
Bonjourno mtber peeps

How old are you? 34
What state do you live? Victoria.
How long have you been riding? I started riding as a young tacka then did a few mtb xc races as a teen then dropped the bike to drink booze and chase girls while at uni. I started getting back into it about five years ago. Five years ago I started from scratch and still feel like i need to go back to uni to complete How to Stay on a Bike 101.
Whats styles of riding do you do? XC, or bashing around the local bush/trails
How often do you ride? A couple of times a week, unless I'm bandaged up on the couch.
Tell us about your bike/s? Currently I have a 2012 Giant Anthem. The old skool one made before Giant got all weird and confused about wheel sizes.
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? When I was a teenager I bounced, and bled a bit. But I bounced. So I never broke anything or really hurt anything. Until I became a vet. I'm currently sitting on the couch, off work after dislocating my shoulder on the Surfcoast 50km. So why don't I bounce anymore?
Do you compete and at what level? I entered my first race recently since I was a subjunior... see answer to previous question.
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? For sale... always looking.
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Me rant? Nah, just get back on the bike and keep riding, best just ride it off (subject to disliocation, bleeding, bruising).

Gossamer

Squid
How old are you? 42
What state do you live? Vic
How long have you been riding? apart from when i was a kid 8 weeks
Whats styles of riding do you do? Road and Mountain bike
How often do you ride? Weekdays providing its not raining
Tell us about your bike/s? Trek 1000 sl roadie (mainly eastern fwy bike path so far) and Trek 9.9 elite hardtail (now called the bucking bronco cos it spat me off on my first ride)
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? No but my chest still hurts from today's fall
Do you compete and at what level? ba ha ha no
Any cycling highights worth posting? i was 118kg when i started 8 weeks ago and now im 110kg
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Yarra trail cos thats where im riding to learn the ropes
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? With out sounding racist, "asians" they hate moving over on the path and like to walk side by side across the path closely followed by old people who when you ring the bell rather than moving over they stop in the middle of the path and look at you, and coming in 3rd is moron dog owners

Last edited:

creole

Likes Bikes
How old are you? 35
What state do you live? VIc
How long have you been riding? Got into XC this year. So.. 1 year.
Whats styles of riding do you do? XC, DH, DJ
How often do you ride? twice a week
Tell us about your bike/s? Trance x0 29er, NS DJumper and a custom wanky fixed gear roady.
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? lots.
Do you compete and at what level? nope. But do enjoy black trails at YY and we do constant loops of follow me at Lyst`.
Any cycling highights worth posting? Not really. Still trying to get good air off table tops, but but after reviewing footage, we dont get any sort of air, despite it feeling like were launching to the moon.
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? nah cbf

Ninox

Squid
How old are you? 41.85
What state do you live? NSW
How long have you been riding? Bikes for about 20 years, MTB on road only when I was younger. No riding for about 15 years though.... :embarassed:
Whats styles of riding do you do?Will ride tame style to live to 80 yrs old at least
How often do you ride? Will most weekends
Tell us about your bike/s? As soon as I buy it, I will, but don't laugh...
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Broken ulna when about 8
Do you compete and at what level? No.
Any cycling highights worth posting? Sadly nothing....except riding down a few hills when I was a kid :behindsofa:
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Not sure yet, this one sounds good.
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Only death will cure a fool. 馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。 (Baka wa shinanakya naoranai)