HMBA Club Champs

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all,

On November 1st HMBA will be having their club championships at the Awaba Mountian Bike Park. We will be running the event the same as we have all year but hope to have it a little bigger than of late to finish the season well.

Details are as follows:

Bus/ buses as per demand. If there is more interest there is more buses.

Rego will start at 9am and finish at 11am.

Racing will begin at 1pm.

Entry will be $25.

Zekman

Likes Dirt
Bells and whistles..

Yep i'll be their jimmy , i know a few others that will be, i'll inform you shortly on that part. More people need to ride it as its a farkin good track,nearly one pedal and ya done,what more can ya ask for. Was up there last weekend and looks a lil unloved if you need a hand let me know via pm's.
Cheeers
Zeddy

Last edited:

Zekman

Likes Dirt
Ah hit it on the hardtail fairy,hahhaha. Was good to see you and spilt yesterday. Thanks heaps again for waiting was bit of a shit with the timing going out.Catch up with you soon

fairy1

Banned
Rode Awaba on Saturday on the HT it was fun but I couldn't lift the bars as I'm pretty sure my collarbone is gone again. The timing issue was no drama if you race in the kiddies league like me.
See you at Awaba.

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep i'll be their jimmy , i know a few others that will be, i'll inform you shortly on that part. More people need to ride it as its a farkin good track,nearly one pedal and ya done,what more can ya ask for. Was up there last weekend and looks a lil unloved if you need a hand let me know via pm's.
Cheeers
Zeddy
The second there is even a sniff of rain we'll be up there. If we get a good fall there will be a build day proceding it. Fingers crossed cause if it rains before the last round the track will end up mint.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
I am slow nobody but i will come to first dh race yr. Jimmy - Jacob frm ccomtb (gay prick on the trek:D) will also come.

We have been riding it each weekend -if there is build day we will come and help. Fark its dry up there

tranceup

Likes Dirt
yeah heres hoping for a sprinkle between now and then, pretty safe to say every trail and DH track on the east coast is a dust bowl atm.

Club champs means double points up for grabs for those interested and for those that arent there will be prizes or prize money depending on sponsor levels for the race.:)

On a very pleasing note we are hoping in the coming months to be making plans on a second DH for Awaba, something a little more punter friendly, a bit shorter but given the terrain out there you can guarantee ther will be some steep stuff still. Mapping has already begun with more to come and then a few formalities with nature reports etc. Then....we expect everyone who has been scared about, whinged about, cried about or been hospitalised because of monkey to get out there and build the fucking thing quick smart.
There will also be a network of more AM style trails to go in the same area so you guys are really gunna have a proper mountain bike park in the next couple yrs. Kids track is finished :p:p:p:D:D:D

jumpers

Likes Dirt
On a very pleasing note we are hoping in the coming months to be making plans on a second DH for Awaba, something a little more punter friendly, a bit shorter but given the terrain out there you can guarantee ther will be some steep stuff still. Mapping has already begun with more to come and then a few formalities with nature reports etc. Then....we expect everyone who has been scared about, whinged about, cried about or been hospitalised because of monkey to get out there and build the fucking thing quick smart.
There will also be a network of more AM style trails to go in the same area so you guys are really gunna have a proper mountain bike park in the next couple yrs. Kids track is finished :p:p:p:D:D:D
But monkey will still be there??
Easier track? i am a useless rider but spent past yr learning the monkey and now luv it, maybe people should learn the track before pinning it down???:rolleyes: But easier track may get more to club days

Last edited:

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds good to me. I would have raced Awaba last weekend, but I didnt know it was on.

I raced Ourimbah because there has been a thread on the race for weeks and weeks before hand.

Well done in posting this thread up. Just keep bumping it up to the top if no one posts in it!

tranceup

Likes Dirt
But monkey will still be there??
Easier track? i am a useless rider but spent past yr learning the monkey and now luv it, maybe people should learn the track before pinning it down???:rolleyes: But easier track may get more to club days
Monkey aint going anywhere. Infact it just needs a tweak. We are not taking away the best track in NSW, we just want a club level (weekend warrior) track aswell to increase our numbers. We will off course also have the option to race either track on any given club rd then.
Basically it is obvious that more people are happier to ride an easier track, classically evidenced by ourimbah having 110 riders on the weekend and us getting 10 locals. We know we have a more technical track but seems most people are happier to just have fun with their club racing.
We will be looking at continuing the monkey for state and national rds and a fair % of club races aswell.
Also next yr there will be more communication to avoid clashing with CCOMTB so many times. It was planned to have more interclub rds this yr but for whatever reason:confused: that didnt happen and the yrs pretty much over.

As for not knowing its on, all i can say is our calendar has been a bit of a mess this yr, we were supposed to have a 6 rd season but turned out to have more :confused: Jimmy did post up about the rd but as oper usual looks like most people went to the ourimbah rd instead.

Anyway bring on the champs, always a good day, itll be DH only out there as XC is on a different day. If we look like getting the numbers might even look at a BBQ eh. Who wants to cook it;)