HMBA Club Champs

Zekman

Likes Dirt
I'll coook the BBQ if refreshments and race are provided :D plus bags not cleaning it hhahaha...
Cheers
Karl

adamd

Likes Dirt
But monkey will still be there??
Easier track? i am a useless rider but spent past yr learning the monkey and now luv it, maybe people should learn the track before pinning it down???:rolleyes: But easier track may get more to club days
jumpers - you were supposed to be sessioning the big dh trail down the hill not the kiddies track :D

sorry jonesy, couldn't help it ;))

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As for not knowing its on, all i can say is our calendar has been a bit of a mess this yr, we were supposed to have a 6 rd season but turned out to have more :confused: Jimmy did post up about the rd but as oper usual looks like most people went to the ourimbah rd instead.
I reakon he shouldn't be allowed to do it again.

Should be a good day though. Barbeque idea is sweet Zekman. I'll look into it and we'll sort something out. Your a champ.

Zekman

Likes Dirt
Then....we expect everyone who has been scared about, whinged about, cried about or been hospitalised because of monkey to get out there and build the fucking thing quick smart.
I've been scared sh!tless(only cause of the rock garden nearly broke my back) I have whinged only cause the same rock garden torn the muscle off my shoulder,haven't cried yet as for the hospital thats my 3rd home.
The Monkey is the one of best tracks on the east. Love it :D

Hurry up Mullan, where is the BBQ and refreshments, I'm hungry and thristy and have a need to race.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
For those interested in the new stuff planned, I will stick up a rough map later tonight. Rough is the word as planning is happening. Essentially there will be the second DH from around the halfway point of the Monkey trail, but there will also be a climb built running parrallel to Mt Faulk Road to the top of the trail.

Off this climb will be 4 (or more) descents to start off the All-Mountain side of the park.

Lots more planned in the long term, but this is the short term 2010 goal. The climb will also open up the area between Mt Faulk Road and the Rock Garden to All-Mountain trails.

dh 4life

Likes Dirt
Sounds like you are all going to busy build the next trail. Great idea for club level that sound help bring more entry level riders up to the track. Club champs is going to be awsome haven't been up there for a while does any one know is thw wombat up and running yet? thanks:D

Tye

Likes Dirt
The second there is even a sniff of rain we'll be up there. If we get a good fall there will be a build day proceding it. Fingers crossed cause if it rains before the last round the track will end up mint.
Well it's raining on the coast right now:D

tranceup

Likes Dirt
Couple things
buses have been booked and confirmed so we are set to go.
Prizes unfortunatley are only available to HMBA members (not to late to join and its for 12 months from date of joining) being that its our club champs and all.
Some track work has been done and probably be a bit of a cleanup before the rd aswell. We wanna see as many of you guys up here as possible its been too long between good numbers up here,as always the vibe at monkey is pretty sweet and this is your last chance this yr to race the track. Be good to see all of you sharing a smile and stories of survival.
BBQ to be confirmed based on ideas of numbers.
Only couple weeks to go people so get your eyes in and practice hard so you avoid eating it hard.

boysik

Pro Rider
Scrathching and pointing

There will most likely be some digging and rejuvenating of the track this Saturday (which is tomorrow) afternoon for those interested in coming out to lend a hand. Probably from lunch time and onwards.

A quick prep to fill some holes (some - not all !) and smooth it out a little.

Might even punch a few runs in the late afternoon to test it all out.

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a reminder that this the the club champs and also the FINAL HMBA club round this year. There was a lot of interest at Ourimbah on the weekend so hopefully we can have a great run this week and finish strongly.

boysik

Pro Rider
Groomed

Track has had some love, its been groomed and running sweet. We have received some rain to soak in the new work and hopefully the recent down pour hasnt eaten away at anything.

Come one, come all. Weather is predicted to be a fine and warm weekend!

tranceup

Likes Dirt
Bumping this back up there. Come get some on Sunday. Buses start from around 9:30 with race runs usually around 1pm depending on numbers.