how do you cope with the heat

tom92

Likes Dirt
ive been riding over the last couple of days and at times have been struggling with the heat and was wondering of other ways to escape the heat while riding besides carrying around heaps of water
thanks

Doggy

Inconceivable!
I work out in the sun everyday for at least 8 - 10 hrs/day, really demanding work as well so ideas can be used for riding as well. Aside from slapping on the sunscreen and covering up and wearing sunnies just smash back the water. I will drink at minimum 4L of water plus powerade/gatorade/anythingade. Wear light airy clothing and recognise what happens to you if you start getting dehydrated/ heat stroke.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Drink a lot, wear light coloured clothing and avoid the hottest parts of the day and for me don't ride while humid.

At the beginning of summer heat is a nightmare but you adapt by being exposed to it. By the end only the extreme days are really taxing. Still give me cold weather over hot weather any day.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Along with carrying water, also carry a fridge full of powerade and an air conditioning unit.. may also wanna carry a generator. This will solve your predicament.
Personally, I pick a not so hot day and either dawn or dusk patrol. Not as heavy as the previous option

happy_heretic

Likes Dirt
i chuck 3 trays of ice in my camelback and fill it with water from the fridge. stays brain freeze cold until its gone. works well but guard your bag from mates. they always try to take my icey water when theres nothing but the warm tap water around.:p

scratchy

Farkin Activist
ride early or late.
ride in light coloured clothing. Cycling jerseys with a zip down the middle 1000x better than a T-Shirt
drink lots.

alekzavo

Likes Bikes
Ride late. Drink HEAPS of gatorade before and during and suck on some carbo gel about 15 mins before. And don't hammer it - just cruise and you'll be surprised how well u actually handlle the heat.

metallica27

Likes Dirt
ive been riding over the last couple of days and at times have been struggling with the heat and was wondering of other ways to escape the heat while riding besides carrying around heaps of water
thanks
ahaha Unless you have found a way to block out the sun, stay inside, or simply just harden up, Cause the heat isn't going away for a while.

But I also like the idea of riding naked, Get a tan on the hook and sinkers ahaha.

do-a-flip

Likes Bikes and Dirt
get some cool gel. its just a lube that goes on ur face basically. i dont know were you can get it but my mate gave me some and omg it so soo refreshing.

flyracing

Likes Dirt
Ride in the late arvo, early morning, try to go on cooler days, Make sure you have shuttles, drink shitloads of water and powerade, but not Rockstar or redbull save them for after. :cool: