How do you maintain food discipline?

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love a meat pie after a ride.

I'm one of those lucky people who can eat whatever I want and stay within a few kg of 72kg, at 5,11" that's fairly lean :)
Same over here. But more like 48kg... at 5'1" it's not as bad as it sounds!

On topic, in the past I have used an app called my fitness pal which allows me to track kj expended and consumed.

I haven't really used it for a while coz once it educated me on the kjs in food I can kinda keep a record in my head and know where I'm at.

I'm trying to give away grog till after the highland fling (well except for the occasional event where I will attempt to limit my intake). Going to follow a training programme (start next week lurgy depending) and I'm hopeful that with a better bike I'll do ok on the 50. Aiming for mid field, sub 4hrs.

Gonna set my goals on a 100, hopefully I can find one early next year to do.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
On topic, in the past I have used an app called my fitness pal which allows me to track kj expended and consumed.

I haven't really used it for a while coz once it educated me on the kjs in food I can kinda keep a record in my head and know where I'm at.

I'm trying to give away grog till after the highland fling (well except for the occasional event where I will attempt to limit my intake). Going to follow a training programme (start next week lurgy depending) and I'm hopeful that with a better bike I'll do ok on the 50. Aiming for mid field, sub 4hrs.

Gonna set my goals on a 100, hopefully I can find one early next year to do.
Minlak vs The Pancreas...surely we can get some funding for this and make a film? I'm thinking a bit WWF, coolangatta gold, rocky 2, and smurfs in a cinematic cocktail...

Set the plan. Stick to it. Achieve.

Whole foods and portion control plates.

Staple meals and (if you're not a vegetarian/vegan) staple meats i.e Chicken or Roo...

Simplify the basics further and have a few old reliable meals.

Mine are:
BBQ Chicken
Greek salad
Tuna Bake (with a few whole food additions)
Sweet Potato salad

These are delicious week in week out.

Lurkin

Likes Dirt
Not the moobs!

Trying to only buy fresh and plenty of it. Always have it about, thus, no excuse when I'm hungry, fresh is always available for hoovering.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Phentermine...reduces hunger and has the added benefit of improving concentration. It is can be obtained with a script from an understanding GP
UPDATE: Under supervision from GP I lost about 4kgs in 27 days....probably more but I think I put on a bit of muscle mass in my legs from a combination of riding, spinning and gym. This included Christmas as well which was a bit of a bender in terms of food and booze this year.

I wouldn't want to use it for an extended period though as I imagine it could become tantalisingly easy to develop a dependence on.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's the heat, humidity, and rain...summer is a difficult time! Christmas to new years ploughing the good stuff and none of the mega km ride efforts. Lucky for some of us there is snow trips...just need to take it easy on the Japanese junk food! Snow burns calories like crazy.