HYDRATION/BACKPACK MEGATHREAD - all questions on packs for riding asked/answered here

frank_n

Likes Dirt
Multi-tool, zip ties, bandages, tape, band-aides, stans, tyre levers, water bladder, phone, cc, cash, pump, inner tube, banana, keys, glasses

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Tosser

Car_key_Tube_tyre_levers

A_couple_of_stellas_to_see_me_through
Space_bar_still_not_working_?_?

How much does your fine collection weigh, OP? Could be the topic of another thread.
Interested in this as well. Weight aside looks like your prepared for everything!!

My my short 1-2 hour rides at Gap Creek and other local places its just water, phone, tyre lever, patch kit, CO2 canister, & multi-tool. Haven't been lately on any other longer rides warranting much more stuff.

KouraKoura

Likes Bikes
1L/10km water, spare link, multi tool, leatherman, 1 expired strawberry flavored condom, phone, tube, pump, cable ties, musli bar.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I carry both flats and clipless in my riding pack. Just in case.
Do you carry some sort of lube for your pedal stubs? Or do you prefer to locktight them in place?

I always pack a collapsible bike work stand for my rides. I hurt my back a few years back bending over my upside down bike by the trail side. Never again I promised myself. The work stand is GREAT!

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
On a serious note. After being involved in and being at a couple of fairly serious stacks this year, I would highly recommend that one of those foil blankets goes in every kit. Once people go into shock these those things are life savers.

Which reminds me, I need to get one.:frusty:

markgab

Likes Dirt
My trusty kit when i ride :)

Why the condom? Emergency water container or just in case you get lucky on the trail??
The condom is pretty obvious. I want to know why you carry a fork AND a coke spoon. That must be a crazy ride you're on!

Get lucky! LOL man i wish hahahahah!
Waterproof my phone :)

Sometimes I ride the Anderson trail around blue mountains and its about 60k's.
The fork and spoon comes in handy as I would bring 2 cans of tuna or some food and have a picnic mid way with mates.

*Condom was just a joke added it in the pic :)*

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Get lucky! LOL man i wish hahahahah!
Waterproof my phone :)

Sometimes I ride the Anderson trail around blue mountains and its about 60k's.
The fork and spoon comes in handy as I would bring 2 cans of tuna or some food and have a picnic mid way with mates.

*Condom was just a joke added it in the pic :)*
Damn. I was keen to hear what you did to get all the condom lube off your phone...because a ummm friend of mine needs to know.

nitro01

Likes Dirt
Got a Mule with a 3 litre bladder, and it's the bright orange version so people see me when I crash XD

Inside: 2 or 3 litre bladder
2x 27.5 tubes
2x 10 speed chainlinks (Trance and XTC)
1x 9 speed (for the DH bike)
2x random flavour gels
1x Bananananananana
3x Tire levers wrapped with duct tape
A chocolate bar wrapper (great for ripped sidewalls surprisingly)
Multitool with chain pin tool also
$5 in coins
4x c02 cartridges and nozzle
Presta-schraeder adapter
Phone, license of the driving and headphones
And elbow pads sometimes if I'm riding gnarly tracks
Cable ties
Lighter