Intense Cycles warranty/customer service

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
not Norco themselves but I just had to get shitty with a store that tried to say brakes going to handlebar on a norco 15km old was not a warranty issue. enough for me to say unless I find another chain selling Norco the sight is ruled out for my new bike.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
not Norco themselves but I just had to get shitty with a store that tried to say brakes going to handlebar on a norco 15km old was not a warranty issue. enough for me to say unless I find another chain selling Norco the sight is ruled out for my new bike.
Can the brakes be bleed?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can the brakes be bleed?
yes, and id do it myself except i have avid kit for my bike and kids bike is shimano. just annoyed that its the third issue already to do with aseembly and that attitilude that this is not something the store should take care of without a fight

bear the bear

Is a real bear
yes, and id do it myself except i have avid kit for my bike and kids bike is shimano. just annoyed that its the third issue already to do with aseembly and that attitilude that this is not something the store should take care of without a fight
Sounds more like a shit store than something I would hang on the brand itself... Hope you can find another dealer, I have a Sight C2 and it rocks :)

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
What shop just quietly? Pm if you don’t want to slander publicly, a friend of mine just started managing a place and I want to hang some shit on him for being terrible if it’s his joint.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds more like a shit store than something I would hang on the brand itself... Hope you can find another dealer, I have a Sight C2 and it rocks :)
definitely a store issue not norco. hence id only consider the sigjt if i found another local shop that sold them.

i dont mind stuff going wrong, its the reaction to that. when i had a couple of issues with my surface the MS shop were awesome which gave me more confidence than ever in their products

bear the bear

Is a real bear
how is the matte black finish holding up? I know the matte bits on my spider mark easily.
Having owned one generic HT and now two full suspensions in matte, the biggest issues is sweat and dust here in CBR... Gloss is easier to clean, but permanent marks to both would mark either finish.....

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's all the same shit I've found on my carbon bikes, when the paint chips it comes off in large parts and if you have shiny paint it's really noticeable with the black carbon underneath.

Last edited:

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
I am definitely interested in the result of this. I have been looking at getting a new frame around the 120mm travel range and like the look of the Sniper Trail but am very wary of the strength and warranty response. Even dropping down to 100mm with the new SB100 from Yeti which is also a great looking bike but I am equally wary of that.

I would prefer the frames were 300grams heavier and had a bit more of a safety margin built in.

At the moment I think my best option is either a Devinci Django (assuming the the build quality is similar to my current Spartan which is so much better than anything else I have had), or the new Pivot trail 429., which I really really like the look of, well bar the superboost rear end.....

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I know this may step on some toes so I'll try to say this as politely as I can:
Intense bikes are fucking rad, they are fantastically built and the support is great. Thats first hand experience and I have Intense bikes, been around Intense bikes, know dealer's, the race team riders etc etc .....etc etc. You're only ever going to hear of the handful of people once in a blue moon who have an issue and none of it ever goes completely ignored and unresolved (with any brand), there's always an outcome. It is great to see some support for people who ride mountain bikes sticking up for one another on public forums etc but 99.9% of the time, no one replying actually has any experience in dealing with the same situation with the same brand etc etc. We're very much a "no name and shame" bunch on Rotorburn but we do let things ride the course of time to allow members to get to an outcome but when things go south and people start bagging a brand etc (that they made a choice to purchase) then we'll cut it away and forget about it.
My point is this and again, I don't intend to step on toes but it will regardless: There is always two sides to these kind of things and there's always people who pick a side regardless of the facts. It is in our interest on the site to provide a good platform to discuss this kind of stuff as most of the time it can be helpful but it can also be very damaging to a brand and it frustrates the shit out of me to see people question a brand because someone had something go arse up. Again, there's two sides to it and every situation is different but we've got to stay neutral in these discussions but also offer some advice where we can.
For what it's worth, I've stuck my neck out on this one and have spoken to some people at Intense to not only make them aware of this thread (thats my job as an admin) and have suggested some follow up. I don't make all my dealings public for you fine Gentleman but this one seemed like something I could try to help out with and the tone of the discussion seems like it may have changed with ChrisJC saying he's had some people get in touch. I don't know what has been said but I'm glad to hear it and hope that it works out for all involved.
In summary, I guess I'm trying to suggest that these kinds of threads can work out quite well for a brand or manufacturer or distributor or shop or mechanic when they get a good result and they make it known that they've jumped in. I would really appreciate that anyone who starts a conversation of this nature actually follow it to the end and give credit where it's due, thats being honest and fair in my books. There's a few threads that would still exist where an upset owner has chased warranty, made some waves in the process and been looked after quite well when it's all said done. It'd be great if those threads had the effort made to finish the topic on a good note and let everyone know they had a result.
Make sense?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Intense bikes are fucking rad, they are fantastically built and the support is great. Thats first hand experience and I have Intense bikes, been around Intense bikes, know dealer's, the race team riders etc etc .....etc etc. You're only ever going to hear of the handful of people once in a blue moon who have an issue and none of it ever goes completely ignored and unresolved (with any brand), there's always an outcome. It is great to see some support for people who ride mountain bikes sticking up for one another on public forums etc but 99.9% of the time, no one replying actually has any experience in dealing with the same situation with the same brand etc etc. We're very much a "no name and shame" bunch on Rotorburn but we do let things ride the course of time to allow members to get to an outcome but when things go south and people start bagging a brand etc (that they made a choice to purchase) then we'll cut it away and forget about it.
My point is this and again, I don't intend to step on toes but it will regardless: There is always two sides to these kind of things and there's always people who pick a side regardless of the facts. It is in our interest on the site to provide a good platform to discuss this kind of stuff as most of the time it can be helpful but it can also be very damaging to a brand and it frustrates the shit out of me to see people question a brand because someone had something go arse up. Again, there's two sides to it and every situation is different but we've got to stay neutral in these discussions but also offer some advice where we can.
For what it's worth, I've stuck my neck out on this one and have spoken to some people at Intense to not only make them aware of this thread (thats my job as an admin) and have suggested some follow up. I don't make all my dealings public for you fine Gentleman but this one seemed like something I could try to help out with and the tone of the discussion seems like it may have changed with ChrisJC saying he's had some people get in touch. I don't know what has been said but I'm glad to hear it and hope that it works out for all involved.
In summary, I guess I'm trying to suggest that these kinds of threads can work out quite well for a brand or manufacturer or distributor or shop or mechanic when they get a good result and they make it known that they've jumped in. I would really appreciate that anyone who starts a conversation of this nature actually follow it to the end and give credit where it's due, thats being honest and fair in my books. There's a few threads that would still exist where an upset owner has chased warranty, made some waves in the process and been looked after quite well when it's all said done. It'd be great if those threads had the effort made to finish the topic on a good note and let everyone know they had a result.
Make sense?
Hi Dozer, On the whole, what you are saying appears fair and reasonable. It also needs to be said that there is at least one thread that was deleted, where the vendor posted on the thread and appeared to make some comments questioning the integrity and honesty of the original poster. In turn, the original poster returned the comments with some of their own, as I recall - but only after being on the receiving end of what can only described as highly inappropriate statements by the vendor, directed at the original poster.

The major takeaway for me, was that the vendor got personal, abusive and ultra-defensive, when they should have simply said that they would be in contact off the forum to resolve the matter. I believe that the Brand in question suffered untold damage to their reputation, and it was self inflicted.
The Brand was, and may still be an advertiser on Rotorburn. In my opinion, If a brand, or vendor is an advertiser on Rotorburn, it is incumbent upon them to act with politeness and tact in dealing with any product or service issues.

Obviously it is also expected that any Rotorburn forum member extends the same courtesy to a vendor, with the fair and reasonable assumption that their concerns will be dealt with promptly & courteously by that vendor.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
If a brand, or vendor is an advertiser on Rotorburn, it is incumbent upon them to act with politeness and tact in dealing with any product or service issues.
I agree 100% and was quite surprised at the actions of some folks involved in that one. From our point of view, that was a tricky one to juggle as it involved valued members and sponsors alike. We made the call to take it down after we were made aware some things had been discussed off the site so we (me actually) thought it was best to remove it. One of those damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situations but the overriding fact for me is it was better out of sight and out of mind.
I clearly want brands to know about a thread on this site if it questions their integrity and like I said, it can give them a great window to look awesome if they can take part. We've seen it a couple of times with some USA brands getting on the site and saying their bit and I copped a message from them saying thanks as they got a sale out of it! It can work both ways as long as we're all adults about it. ;)

Z

Zaf

@Dozer Something like this?

It is difficult to see things through to the end when threads get deleted midway through the process. But then, I think we can all completely appreciate the rock/hard place you were put in on some of those decisions. Surely if you censor the issues with a brand, the consumer gets to censor the praise that may result from it being handled in an adult and agreeable manner?

In any case, well said! Hoping OP gets the outcome he is hoping for.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Make sense?
Understood. It was never my intention to rubbish the brand or the people involved. Slow and vague responses led me to believe I was expected to psy for a crash replacement. I requested clarification but didn’t get any until today.

My intent was to rattle the cage and hope that someone from, or has dealings with Intense would see it and get the message “hey, we are being tested”.

I’m happy to say that both Intense US and Andy from Intense Aust have been in contact and are helping me get sorted. Chappy from Intense US apologised for the misunderstanding, so kudos to him for this.

All I ever expected was to be kept up to date with what was happening! I will post the details when we have worked things out.

Thankyou everyone for your help and advice!

CC

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Understood. It was never my intention to rubbish the brand or the people involved. Slow and vague responses led me to believe I was expected to psy for a crash replacement. I requested clarification but didn’t get any until today.

My intent was to rattle the cage and hope that someone from, or has dealings with Intense would see it and get the message “hey, we are being tested”.

I’m happy to say that both Intense US and Andy from Intense Aust have been in contact and are helping me get sorted. Chappy from Intense US apologised for the misunderstanding, so kudos to him for this.

All I ever expected was to be kept up to date with what was happening! I will post the details when we have worked things out.

Thankyou everyone for your help and advice!

CC
I'm really chuffed to hear you're getting some backup and hopefully a good result. ;)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
@Dozer Something like this?

It is difficult to see things through to the end when threads get deleted midway through the process. But then, I think we can all completely appreciate the rock/hard place you were put in on some of those decisions. Surely if you censor the issues with a brand, the consumer gets to censor the praise that may result from it being handled in an adult and agreeable manner?

In any case, well said! Hoping OP gets the outcome he is hoping for.
Yep, that was a tough one to juggle and I knew it'd have some negatives come out of it.
I agree with what you're saying too; if we (ahem, me) dumb the topic down to protect something then yep, you're totally entitled to do exactly the same, most people are quick at reading between the lines and see what is what.

Reactions: Zaf