Kinglake WTF!!

captainmorgan

Likes Dirt
This log has become quite the issue.iImean really,Those people in iraq think they have got problems losing legs and loved one's..stop for a moment and think about the poor mountian bikers that lost a log..so as a tribute we will be having a "Bring the log back"presentation day with BBq ,international top riders and guest speakers(date's to be posted soon)and plans are also on the table for possible"international save the log day"
Haha. That's gold.

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm one of the guys that built the entire first and last sections of the track. Personally it's doesn't bother me that that log has gone. Most people never used it as a down ramp.
One thing that does bug me is that about 50m after those doubles, the track is supposed to turn left then right then into the log drop. Someone has straight lined that entire section. There used to be a nice left handed berm there, which will probably be put back soon.
I have to admit that I am one of the culprits who straight lines that section of track, we did try to ride the left and right corners through there but I guess I found it really slowed the flow of that part of the track. I could name several other culprits but I won't, yet.

Maybe your goodself El Capitain and our crew should get together out there soon and re-work some sections back to their former glory. We could certainly rebuild that left berm that you talk of but make it huge so as we can carry more speed through that part of the track, would also deter other track riders from cutting through there if it was massive. What are your thoughts on that???

We have been also discussing the possibilities of having a track work/maintenance day out there in the near future as we have recieved plenty of messages from riders keen to help out, we usually do something to the track most times we ride but to get 10 or 15 dudes with tools would make for some great results.

StormFire

Likes Dirt
I We could certainly rebuild that left berm that you talk of but make it huge so as we can carry more speed through that part of the track, would also deter other track riders from cutting through there if it was massive. What are your thoughts on that???
I reckon just deter people from straightlining it. there's enough of a line on that corner to get your wheels stuck in, such that you can hold speed through it if you hit it just right, which just makes it all the more interesting than just having a big huge berm that everyone and their dog can get right.

CrookS

Likes Dirt
Can't blame him, sounds like one of them diamo boys.:rolleyes:
I cant win people can't say anything without offending someone else. AT the end of the day if you cant ride go home practise till ya can if ya dont wanna do that sell ya bike. Besides im using gay in the context of being happy not homosexual.

captainmorgan

Likes Dirt
I have to admit that I am one of the culprits who straight lines that section of track, we did try to ride the left and right corners through there but I guess I found it really slowed the flow of that part of the track. I could name several other culprits but I won't, yet.

Maybe your goodself El Capitain and our crew should get together out there soon and re-work some sections back to their former glory. We could certainly rebuild that left berm that you talk of but make it huge so as we can carry more speed through that part of the track, would also deter other track riders from cutting through there if it was massive. What are your thoughts on that???

We have been also discussing the possibilities of having a track work/maintenance day out there in the near future as we have recieved plenty of messages from riders keen to help out, we usually do something to the track most times we ride but to get 10 or 15 dudes with tools would make for some great results.
When we first built that corner there was a decent sized berm there and you could carry nice speed. What I'd like to do is put in another big left berm, imediately followed by a big right berm. That would be fun and keep up the flow. I do agree, currently that line break up the flow of things.
Unfortunately at the moment I'm building a deck at my house, so that's taking upu my weekends. Once that's finished I'd been up for doing some more track work. It would be good to organise a build day there. If we could get 20 people to turn up, then a lot of stuff can be done. I have some ideas of where some new track can be built, which I've been wanting to do for some time.

On another note, CrookS, it sounds to me like you think you're better that everyone else? Most people ride to have fun, they don't have to be as good as you. That kind of attitude can discourage a lot of people. Don't be surprised if you get snubbed by people when you're out riding.

Harder Nox

Likes Dirt
On another note, CrookS, it sounds to me like you think you're better that everyone else? Most people ride to have fun, they don't have to be as good as you. That kind of attitude can discourage a lot of people. Don't be surprised if you get snubbed by people when you're out riding.
CrookS is better than everyone else.

V10

Likes Dirt
Let me know when were building im there. Old kinglake is great now but with some work done by dedicated riders/ builders it would be awsome!!!!!!!!!

dizzyflores

Cannon Fodder
Any update on the big Kinglake bee. Unfortunately it looks like the people who are making unpopular changes to the track haven't even heard of farkin, so it will be an ongoing battle to save the track. If we can organise a day where all the posters can meet up, they can discuss what and where to modify/repair with shovels at 20 paces rather than having girly-man posting wars or making drastic changes up there in the middle of the night. If the bad men/pussies/retards see a united positive effort, they might be less likely to fck with stuff because they'll be too busy riding the new improvements.

I say anyone who is interested heads up on the first weekend after some decent rain. (if we get any)

I'm keen if you're keen and so on...... and so on......

You know where to find me.

dizzyflores

Cannon Fodder
The first big improvement should be moving the large tree to the right of the second double landing, I've hit it twice now.

CrookS

Likes Dirt
Captain i take offence to that. That commment in no way would discourage a normal person. Its merely a hint. If you cant ride something practise instead of fucking it for everyone.
That doesnt say anything like " im better than you"
Thanks Timmy ;)

dizzyflores

Cannon Fodder
I hope you're not serious!
I said "move" the large tree for a reason. I guess it's true that written words don't sound the same as when they come out of my mouth.

That being said, if we could grab the bottom of the hill and lift it up so it's higher than the top of the hill now, we could ride a brand new track. Kind of like Gran Turismo. Who's with me??

juan

Likes Dirt

That being said, if we could grab the bottom of the hill and lift it up so it's higher than the top of the hill now, we could ride a brand new track. Kind of like Gran Turismo. Who's with me??[/QUOTE]

WTF???

Gran Tourismo sounds good and maybee we could have a virtual parts upgrades aswell.
Getting back to the track talk, The boys and I have been riding KL regularly for about 5 years and doing our fair share of work, this is the first time I have seen trees cut and dodgy work - I think we can nip it in the bud. A maintenace day would be a good idea as we can make sure everyone is on the same page. How about 2 weeks away Sat 21/10/06 ? That is if we get some decent rain. PS I was sad to see the removal of the log on the first double - not cool. The work done on the lower berms - Cool

V10

Likes Dirt
Yep Im there Sat 21/10. PM me if there is any up dates on times. There will be at least 4 of us. Cheers

KL Track work

Good stuff V10. There should be at least 3 of us rocking up around 10am so lets hope for rain late in the week and get on the tools. - Cap'n Morgan we thonght that it would be cool to rebuild the old berms after the doubles on the top section and maybee fix up the last 90% right. It should be quiet because of the race at You Yangs.

captainmorgan

Likes Dirt
Fixing up those berms would be a good idea. Don't think I'll be able to make it up there that day though. If you guys plan on a build day in November as well, I should be good.

Timbot

Likes Dirt
Pray for rain.

I would be up for some mantainance work on the twentyfirst if we get some decent rain and if it doesnt rain (as i think will be the case )we could all rake the track top to bottom as it badly needs it.