kona stuff or specialized p2

Troy

Likes Bikes
They are both good bikes but they have their downsides.
both got kick arss frames, cranks but then they are differnet. The P.2 has scary forks and a mate of mine snapped his arch just doing XC stuff. But the Stuff has pretty average components though. Plus if you get a p.2 get a large or mabey a medium because your feet will hit the front wheel cause its too short. I had a Stuff and it was indistructable and only died when i got hit by a car, and even still i would consider jumping it.

Rik

logged out
When you buy a bike, you're paying for the frame and forks mainly, the rest is almost consumable.
The Stuff has a really good fork for the price, IMO the DO is better than the DJ's for do-everything riding. The Shimano discs are more than competent, I ride the alivio caliper on my thrasher and when set up it's got alot of power. As for the rest of the gear, it's a bike you're going to pound, who cares if it's only alivio.

bazza

look at me
go the 04 norco, no question about it, even if you dont entirely like the frame just look at the components, about the same as wahts on a roast but 700 bucks cheaper!!!!!!!

dA_bOmBbIkE

Likes Dirt
the p2 has elastomer forks that feel terrible but it is a better frame than the stuff and is a little cheaper and forks can always be changed so i say go the p2

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
hey dude u might wanna consider buying that norco sasquatch thats for sale in the for sale section. he's asking for $1000, lot better than the stuff and p2 imo. that will leave u with $500 to spend on a full face and pressure suit when u go big...

sifter

Likes Dirt
dA_bOmBbIkE said:
the p2 has elastomer forks that feel terrible but it is a better frame than the stuff and is a little cheaper and forks can always be changed so i say go the p2
just got my p2, replaced the dodgy marzocchis, (gasp how could anyone put marzocchis on a decent bike) with black elites and jesum crow it rides so so sweetly, oh yeah, a trick i dunno if you use in aussie, (i am an ex australian of 16 years 8) ) i swapped the med cage deore mech for an ulra short cage tiagra and the chainline is smooth, tight and gives heaps of clearance.

Mr Van

Likes Bikes
Hey man if your looking at paying that sorta money then why dont ya go for a norco rampage?
DJ2's
Alex Rim Supras
Truvativ everything
all fro bout $1800

SausaGe_LiNk

Likes Dirt
I rode a 04 Kona Stuff today, felt great ! but I'm waiting for the sasquatch to land.

The new colour for the stuff looks awesome as well !

tu plang

knob
sifter said:
dA_bOmBbIkE said:
just got my p2, replaced the dodgy marzocchis, (gasp how could anyone put marzocchis on a decent bike)
those particular ones arent too great but how could anyone put marzocchis on a decent bike? i hope u were just joking but if not maybe u should ask kona, specialized or norco why they put them on decent bikes

confusedly yours
ben

TOSS3R

Likes Dirt
the P2 frame is about a thousands times fatter but i just bought a 04 avanti with the drop off comp and i have had no problems with the fork, in fact it is quite fucken good for the price!

Callum

Likes Bikes
i have a 2k3 kona stuff and it is bloody awsome, ive had it for a year and all ive broken is a spoke and the rear mech lever

baz

Squid
unless my friend just got really ripped off the kona stuff is more like $2000...

anyway, its a fuken solid ride.

SausaGe_LiNk

Likes Dirt
I just got a p2, i chose it over the 04 stuff because i like it alot more ! The forks are air/oil dampened with a good feel in them, i chose it over hte stuff because it is better value for money!
I would highly recommend the p2, i rode the stuff and the p2 and the p2 felt better by far!