Kudos - when customer service excels

Minlak

custom titis
Another +1 for Pushys.

Bought a set of new fit4 34 factory forks off them, and when they arrived they were leaking oil through the air spring side of the lower legs. Yep, not out of the seals, but through a fault in the casting.

Sent them back and they sent them off to Fox.

2 weeks later I had them back. Only to find that this time they wouldn't hold air.

Sent them back a second time and they returned them to Fox, again.

Another 2 weeks later I got the product I had originally paid for, having been repaired and serviced twice before I had even used them.

Pushys got it all sorted without fuss. Fox/Sola on the other hand :tape2: Would be nice if they actually had some quality control in place.

Has anyone seen something like this before? http://imgur.com/a/M3SXK
Is there something in the story I am missing? You bought brand new forks that were faulty that you waited another 2 weeks for to only have to return them again for another 2 weeks? So 4 weeks plus some travel time after you bought brand new forks and you are calling this exceptional customer service?

I am an absolute Pushy's fan and buy heaps off them so don't read this as bagging them I just fail to see where that is exceptional service?

madstace

Likes Dirt
Is there something in the story I am missing? You bought brand new forks that were faulty that you waited another 2 weeks for to only have to return them again for another 2 weeks? So 4 weeks plus some travel time after you bought brand new forks and you are calling this exceptional customer service?

I am an absolute Pushy's fan and buy heaps off them so don't read this as bagging them I just fail to see where that is exceptional service?
Clearly you've never played the Fox/Sola game before. I'm certain Haylex is giving credit to Pushys for persistence with the lazy bastards and not having to chase it separately (I've been there). Having said that, I'd consider weeping forks DOA and would expect a direct replacement from the retailer and have them sort the warranty job.

Haylex

Likes Dirt
The oil weep is through an imperfection in the casting. I'd send them back asking for a new pair. God knows how many other imperfections ( aka air bubbles in the cast ally) there are.

QC is so last century.
Yea the lowers were cooked and were replaced the first time I sent them back. I would have preferred a brand new set but Sola didnt want to come to the table. If they even hint of giving me problems in the future i should have a pretty strong case for a new set... lets hope it doesnt come to that!

Clearly you've never played the Fox/Sola game before. I'm certain Haylex is giving credit to Pushys for persistence with the lazy bastards and not having to chase it separately (I've been there). Having said that, I'd consider weeping forks DOA and would expect a direct replacement from the retailer and have them sort the warranty job.
I believe pushys did what they could under the circumstances - pretty sure they had no stock to just give me a new set so had to chase it up with Sola. Sola should have just written them off and given me a new set, but instead they insisted on replacing pretty much every part on the fork and servicing it twice. I'm led to believe that the only original part left is the CSU from the limited amount of info Sola gave back to Pushys.

Fuck me - that's hilarious!

Fox forks are crying...they wish they were Pikes.
I know right. I was keeping the images offline but meh, everyone can enjoy them now :dance:

Hmm maybe I posted in the wrong thread :eek:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I'm led to believe that the only original part left is the CSU from the limited amount of info Sola gave back to Pushys.
So once they go back for CSU replacement, once the creaking starts, you'll have those new forks you were hoping for :dance:

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I'd declare these forks unsafe and unfit for purpose now. Poor Pushy's are taking a bath on this sale. Thanks a million Fox.

Best case scenario dirt/water can now get in the hole, worst case the lowers are Swiss cheese.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Phht Sola Sport worst company I've dealt with for long long time, would not be bagging Pushys too much knowing who they are dealing with. Idiots at best

I have to give a shout out to Engadine Cycles aka Scooter Station. I ordered 2 off road scooters for the kids for Christmas. Christmas morning rolls around and the kids go to ride their new scooters, but one of the scooters the back wheel doesn't spin. I emailed Engadide Cycles stating the problem. I got a return email Christmas night with advice on how to improve it. Then on the 28th a new wheel and two sets of bearings turn up in the post. I could not have hoped for better service and the kids are loving their new scooters.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk

mtb1611

Seymour
Big ups to Melbourne Bicycle Centre in Prahran. Ordered a helmet from them (never been a customer of theirs before), received a phone call to say it had been ordered from the supplier, received another phone call to say it'd been shipped, arrived exactly when promised. Thank you MBC!

moorey

call me Mia
Hopefully not premature....developed a rattle and minor creak in mattocs bought off wiggle. Emailed them, sent them a vid, without argument, they said to return them at their expense for investigation, and repair/replacement. So far so good.
Yep. Premature. Forks are in the UK. No response for a while on what's happening or when they're back. If I didn't have spares, I'd go chopsticks on them :rant:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Yep. Premature. Forks are in the UK. No response for a while on what's happening or when they're back. If I didn't have spares, I'd go chopsticks on them :rant:
When I had my issue, I contacted Wiggle and they offered to replace them. Then they realised they no longer had any and offered a refund. That was never going to work as I paid stuff all, so I said I wpuld need them repaired. The whole process was less than confidence inspiring, so I emailed Manitou direct. They gave the best service I've ever had, sending me to Shockcraft in NZ.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
When I had my issue, I contacted Wiggle and they offered to replace them. Then they realised they no longer had any and offered a refund. That was never going to work as I paid stuff all, so I said I wpuld need them repaired. The whole process was less than confidence inspiring, so I emailed Manitou direct. They gave the best service I've ever had, sending me to Shockcraft in NZ.
Dougal @ Shockcraft is a bloody legend.

moorey

call me Mia
I asked if either them or Astroboy could do it. They required them to first be sent to the Aus returns dept. then without checking, they sent them off to the UK, who I think have now sent them to manitou. They said they'd know the outcome within 10 days, which was 3 weeks since last word. It's coming up 8 weeks since I sent forks off. Oh, and they claimed that they can't hear the loud rattle, despite it sounding like a stone in an empty paint tin.

Boom King

I asked if either them or Astroboy could do it. They required them to first be sent to the Aus returns dept. then without checking, they sent them off to the UK, who I think have now sent them to manitou. They said they'd know the outcome within 10 days, which was 3 weeks since last word. It's coming up 8 weeks since I sent forks off. Oh, and they claimed that they can't hear the loud rattle, despite it sounding like a stone in an empty paint tin.
That's why I spoke directly with Manitou. Much more betterer service.

moorey

call me Mia
That's why I spoke directly with Manitou. Much more betterer service.
Wiggle told me they had to be returned there first. Didn't have an option, and they sent them off to the UK before consulting me, despite me asking about the NZ and Astro options :pout:

Boom King

Wiggle told me they had to be returned there first. Didn't have an option, and they sent them off to the UK before consulting me, despite me asking about the NZ and Astro options :pout:
I didn't ask Wiggle for permission. Contacted Manitou saying I wasn't happy with Wiggle and they told me to send it to Dougal.

moorey

call me Mia
I didn't ask Wiggle for permission. Contacted Manitou saying I wasn't happy with Wiggle and they told me to send it to Dougal.
But you did initially contact wiggle.
They made it sound like a quick easy repair/replace/refund in return. I didn't get quite the deal you did, but still preferred repair over refund. If I'd known then what I know now...or they followed my request for local or NZ, things might have been different though. You paid post both ways...and still waited a looooong time from memory.

Boom King

But you did initially contact wiggle.
They made it sound like a quick easy repair/replace/refund in return. I didn't get quite the deal you did, but still preferred repair over refund. If I'd known then what I know now...or they followed my request for local or NZ, things might have been different though. You paid post both ways...and still waited a looooong time from memory.
Paid post one way, $35. The hold up was my fault as my insured value held them up in NZ customs and required a duty payment to release. All of which Manitou covered.