Kudos - when customer service excels

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kerry at Phantom Cycles is excellent. A lot of things that other shops say are too hard he can do or get. His pricing is always fair and he loves a chat!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Kerry is absolutely awesome - he's been part of my mountain biking for the last 15 years. Indeed, he loves a chat :clap2:

mtb1611

Seymour
Kerry at Phantom Cycles is excellent. A lot of things that other shops say are too hard he can do or get. His pricing is always fair and he loves a chat!
Bought 4 of my last 5 bikes from Kerry (mtb and road), as well as spares, servicing etc since the mid 90's. Great fella; genuine, always upbeat and friendly....and his knowledge of componentry, down to serial numbers of which Shimano parts will work with which SRAM parts etc, is beyond compare. Always had awesome service from Kerry, hence being a customer for so long.

Switch

huskier headed gent
Small grave dig but seriously impressed with Pushys today. Got a recent order from the VIP sale and was missing a set of tyre levers. Sent them an email and within literally two minutes they had replied and a replacement is going in the mail no questions asked. That is some seriously quick response time and is really deserving of a plug, an Australian company that really has the online sales business model down pat.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Phantom cycles! I used to love those guys, but started buying elsewhere when I moved overseas for a few years. Thanks for the reminder, I can confirm only happy experiences for technical support questions.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Small grave dig but seriously impressed with Pushys today. Got a recent order from the VIP sale and was missing a set of tyre levers. Sent them an email and within literally two minutes they had replied and a replacement is going in the mail no questions asked. That is some seriously quick response time and is really deserving of a plug, an Australian company that really has the online sales business model down pat.
Agree and I can also confirm that they have really good service. :thumb:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So much love for phantom...so good to see. He used to have such a great Web site, light years ahead of the times! He certainly took a lot of my coins and started me on the path of impulse online buying. He is also a great bloke as others have noted.

Shinigami

Likes Dirt
i've been going back and forth with them over changes to an XT groupset i plan on ordering and they have been great, super responsive and answering all my questions about price and chopping and changing bits.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Absolutely agree re pushys amazing service. Bought a tow bar rack a while ago and auspost appeared to have run the parcel through a tree mulcher. Sent photos, got a full refund and told to keep what was left of the rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Pushys again.
Ordered a few things from their sale, included a few pairs of gloves for felix. He found others he preferred, so I rang Pushy. Order had been filled and boxed already awaiting dispatch, so they weren't sure it could be changed. Phil tracked it down, removed the 2 pairs I didn't want, added the pair I did, then rang back to let me know.
Absolute champs.
Thanks Phil.

Brow

Big Block
Gear Factor MX, great service and good prices. Although a motorcycle store had a small section on MTB clothing. Bought a Shift long sleeve MX jersey $35. Had no problems with questions despite me saying I was not there to buy and did not have a motorbike.
Recommend highly. Good selection of clothing suitable for MTB - I could not tell the difference between MX and MTB jerseys.

mtb1611

Seymour
Admittedly this is related to a road bike purchase, but deserves kudos nonetheless....I recently ordered a road bike from Canyon; for those unfamiliar with the modus operandi of this brand, they sell direct to the consumer, avoiding the middle-man (ie: LBS) and the resultant associated costs. Placed my order one evening ($4500 in total). Received a phone call from the Australian distributor the next morning to confirm that my order had been received and explaining the process from that point onwards. I feel bad because I think the gentleman's name was Adrian - the reason I feel bad is that he was so professional, polite, courteous and clearly well-informed regarding the product and my purchase, yet I didn't write his name down! I received better over-the-phone customer attention, consideration and information in a 7 minute phone call than I 'd received in the last half a dozen bike shop visits combined...... Cheers Canyon, well played.

Keachy

Likes Dirt
Admittedly this is related to a road bike purchase, but deserves kudos nonetheless....I recently ordered a road bike from Canyon; for those unfamiliar with the modus operandi of this brand, they sell direct to the consumer, avoiding the middle-man (ie: LBS) and the resultant associated costs. Placed my order one evening ($4500 in total). Received a phone call from the Australian distributor the next morning to confirm that my order had been received and explaining the process from that point onwards. I feel bad because I think the gentleman's name was Adrian - the reason I feel bad is that he was so professional, polite, courteous and clearly well-informed regarding the product and my purchase, yet I didn't write his name down! I received better over-the-phone customer attention, consideration and information in a 7 minute phone call than I 'd received in the last half a dozen bike shop visits combined...... Cheers Canyon, well played.
Yep. Pretty sure it was Adrian ey ducky.

T.3

Likes Dirt
The under new management Cyclesport in Thornleigh NSW.

Went in to get a wheel with internal spoke nipples trued and was happy to leave it there. The guy unsolicited offered to do it within the hour despite not having purchased the bike there or being an existing customer.

That he did and I also ended up buying a set of competitively priced 100% gloves that I could try on and not take the online sizing punt.

Last edited:

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kudos to the Freedom Machine in Richmond, VIC, which was my old LBS. I build and repair most of my own stuff and used them for anything where my tools or skills were lacking. They did the basics right - good workmanship, good customer service and a good price.

Have moved suburbs and new LBS is Bike Now in South Melbourne. Only been in a couple of times so far, but positive experiences again!