Light Bicycle Carbon Rims/Wheels (Review Included on 1st Post))

Bupton

Likes Dirt
Just had some photos of my new wheels sent to me, built by LB with Chris King hubs I sent them.

The weight is 796g(front)+943g(rear)=1739g

01.jpg
02.jpg
04.jpg

Last edited:

teK--

Eats Squid
Might as well try, not holding my breath though.

Was running 25psi, nothing super low but Im 70kg's on a bad day, less on a good day.

Bingo, those fuckers between the trees.
Was surprised, but oh well, Ill go stronger with the replacement.
I reckon you just hit at wrong angle or weighted the wheel too much over that part, coupled with too low pressure and the old hooked design rims would be a bad combination. With the 35mm hookless in AM layup I am 65KG and I had g-out on the first small bunch of rocks at Junction Descent, got snakebite through tyres and the edge of the rim was only chipped in the clearcoat. I was running 24psi now I run 26psi in the back.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
If its the set of roots between the trees of roughly the third straight, those roots should not destroy a rim ever. flat entry and exit, nothing weird would be happening with the suspension - presuming it is those roots, as they are the most exposed.
While I'm on alloy rims and they aren't destroyed, those very roots have put 3 dents in my rear rim and one in my front from my tyre bottoming out.

I have since learned to not just plow through them, full weight, haha.

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
The wheel set will rock.......And stand out. The only question I have is why send hubs to China to get built when you could get the rims sent here and get someone to build the whole wheel set ? There wouldnt be much diff in $$$

higiff

Likes Dirt
The wheel set will rock.......And stand out. The only question I have is why send hubs to China to get built when you could get the rims sent here and get someone to build the whole wheel set ? There wouldnt be much diff in $$$
My buddy sent his straight pull 240s over. Was about 15 for shipping and 15 for wheel building or something like that, was real cheap

Nick Njegac

Likes Bikes
Are you able to haggle around with the people at light bicycles? How far can you get them down? And what are they like in terms of customer service, warranties and crash replacement?
Cheers

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Are you able to haggle around with the people at light bicycles? How far can you get them down? And what are they like in terms of customer service, warranties and crash replacement?
Cheers
haggling... not really unless you're buying bulk...

The rest... do some reading.. there are only 950 odd posts

teK--

Eats Squid
haggling... not really unless you're buying bulk...

The rest... do some reading.. there are only 950 odd posts
Some people on MTBR have bought maybe 3 or 4 pairs of rims with their mates and received a discount only 10-15% though.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers
Lol..they're already cheap as fuck anyway!

Received new nextie 29/35mm DH on pro2's with XD driver for $900... Bargain!