Little Things You Hate

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Not being able to convert my audio files from one format to another. If only there was some software that would allow me to quickly and easily do that.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Not being able to convert my audio files from one format to another. If only there was some software that would allow me to quickly and easily do that.

I know that feeling also. I wish there were many long posts on a forum all about it since I just can't be bothered to google. I'll keep an eye out for you.

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

stirk

Burner

The audacity of those fucks.

I know that feeling also. I wish there were many long posts on a forum all about it since I just can't be bothered to google. I'll keep an eye out for you.

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.
Special program will do all and more, simply stream and record in .Wav format and convert to MP3 with a few clicks of the mouse buttons. It's so easy yet lame if you want MP3. ;)

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Yeah, I'm with you 100%.

What is the state of mind of spamming dickwads, where they think by totally shitting us to tears with the endless same same... that we'll all suddenly go... fuck it I'm gonna use that awesome audio software, here's my credit card details.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What is casual racism? Sounds like some new age politically correct shit made up by hipsters.
Nothing new about it, but perhaps not something many people think about. May people have a casual attitude towards discrimination, as though it's ok in a small scale. The incident that brought about my post being an easy example. I was waiting briefly in the very short chair lift line a few days ago (I'm still on snow in Japan). 2 Australian snowboarders were about to board the chair. As it swung around on the big wheel the seat clipped an unsuspecting Japanese fellow in the face. He looked to be pretty new to snow sports in the way he had approached the lift and his gear, he was just a little bit too far forward while waiting to be next and crept out just a little early. Anyway when the chair hit him he threw his arms up in defence and got thrown down fairly hard. This caused the chair to swing wildly and it skittles the 2 Australians. 1 landed on the chair and the other to the side. Neither were really hit that hard and nobody wa really hurt...anyway the Japanese fellow and his friend jumped on the next chaor and the Australian fellow turns to me (and my oh so friendly face) and says "Did you see that fucking Jap throw the chair at us?"

Pointless pc is pointless pc.

Dorks are just hipsters who are too hipster to call themselves hipster.
I was thinking more along the lines of the truly clueless...those so out of place but totally unaware of it. Just like in that police academy film.

Cannon Fodder
Nothing new about it, but perhaps not something many people think about. May people have a casual attitude towards discrimination, as though it's ok in a small scale. The incident that brought about my post being an easy example. I was waiting briefly in the very short chair lift line a few days ago (I'm still on snow in Japan). 2 Australian snowboarders were about to board the chair. As it swung around on the big wheel the seat clipped an unsuspecting Japanese fellow in the face. He looked to be pretty new to snow sports in the way he had approached the lift and his gear, he was just a little bit too far forward while waiting to be next and crept out just a little early. Anyway when the chair hit him he threw his arms up in defence and got thrown down fairly hard. This caused the chair to swing wildly and it skittles the 2 Australians. 1 landed on the chair and the other to the side. Neither were really hit that hard and nobody wa really hurt...anyway the Japanese fellow and his friend jumped on the next chaor and the Australian fellow turns to me (and my oh so friendly face) and says "Did you see that fucking Jap throw the chair at us?"
Where is the racism there?

Where did some one generalise a negative attribute to a whole race/identity regardless of individual variance? In your story I see nothing that refers to a race or national identity, just some one laying blame that may or may not be deserved. If you're talking about the term Jap, that's not racism, most people that schooled through 1990 onward have little to no knowledge of WW2 or that calling some one a Jap is any different than Aussie, Brit, Afro, Turk or any other abbreviated term for a countr/nationalism.

Casual racism exists but I don't think what you've cited there is an example of it.

First post not even about bikes, consarn it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Where is the racism there?

Where did some one generalise a negative attribute to a whole race/identity regardless of individual variance? In your story I see nothing that refers to a race or national identity, just some one laying blame that may or may not be deserved. If you're talking about the term Jap, that's not racism, most people that schooled through 1990 onward have little to no knowledge of WW2 or that calling some one a Jap is any different than Aussie, Brit, Afro, Turk or any other abbreviated term for a countr/nationalism.

Casual racism exists but I don't think what you've cited there is an example of it.

First post not even about bikes, consarn it.
That's really cute. I am glad to see you have decided to pollute the internet with your simplistic and narrow minded opinion. May the force be with you.

Matt_V

Likes Bikes
All very creative but there is one aspect of this man that renders most of it futile. He doesn't give a shit. If the Addams family saw his house they'd declare it was a shit heap. There is nothing to ruin more than he hasn't ruined already through neglect. I should point out that he is about 178 years old.
One of the gutters on his ghetto was leaking. I told him and he replied 'yes I know, it was the builders fault, they set it wrong'. The house was built 35 years ago and not maintained at all since.
The ace up my sleeve relies on council getting back to me and they have 'A ten day policy for replies'......
Bigger things I hate: incident number 2 - my neighbour repeatedly chucking an 'unknown liquid' over the fence onto my plants (remember this is the same guy who drilled and poisoned my tree). Happily I have it on camera and the EPA is interested. In a surprise twist which I could never had predicted, the Cops still don't give a f$&k.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Bigger things I hate: incident number 2 - my neighbour repeatedly chucking an 'unknown liquid' over the fence onto my plants (remember this is the same guy who drilled and poisoned my tree). Happily I have it on camera and the EPA is interested. In a surprise twist which I could never had predicted, the Cops still don't give a f$&k.
Get an intervention order, use your cameras and job done.

Cannon Fodder
That's really cute. I am glad to see you have decided to pollute the internet with your simplistic and narrow minded opinion. May the force be with you.
Holy crap! No explanation, no consideration, just casual abuse.

It seems your position is that you're not willing to discuss anything contrary to your opinion and anyone who thinks otherwise is below you.

Are you sure you're in a position to judge others for how they think and act?

"How is that racist?" - Clueless white people

Problem with that is, is that I am not white. Maybe you'd like to consider your own casual racism here.

For me there has to be intent. The problem I have with seeing the word Jap as racist is that before WW2 the Japanese were considered friends of this country in terms of investment, intermarriage and they were allied with Great Britain in WW1 (even if it was with the aim of taking over German territories in the Pacific, which they did, which led to the Japanese invasion of China, etc.). Back then the term Jap was used and it was no considered derogatory.

Then we had the second world war and of course relations soured as badly as they possibly could and when people used the term Jap it was referring to an enemy. Over time the word Jap became associated with anger at the Japanese and rarely in Australia did anyone have anything positive to say so Jap evolved into a term of derision simply by association with anger at the Japanese for WW2.

Now, 70 odd years later younger generations have little to no knowledge of WW2 and the anger at the Japanese does not pass through to people 20 and under. That's not to say that these people won't be racist for any particular reason but the baggage that the term Jap picked up in the 1930/40s rarely rarely exists for younger generations today.

However, people like you, my indignant and internet-outraged Poodle, are now allowing the racists to decide what language we are allowed to use. People may have no ill intent at all when they use the term Turk (oh yes, remember WW1 when Turk was considered nasty? Are you even aware of that and do you get angry when people 4 generations later use the term Turk? I'd wager not), Aussie, Brit, Indo, Jap, etc. but you want to push the ill intent of others onto them regardless of how they intend to use it or how the other person receives it. You allow the racist people of the world to define our language, you empower them by maintaining their actions across generations.

It's like your little crusade - your internet crusade. Did you do anything about it when you had that experience? Were you as rude to him as you were to me last night? Or do you just reserve that kind of behaviour when you don't have to be accountable for your actions? I'd hazard a guess that you don't know how many Japanese people think of the word Jap. I'd guess that you don't know the history of they way Jap was used or the history of Aust/Japanese relations prior to WW2. I'd wager that you're just another new-aged and outraged internet warrior who's courage does not transfer to real-life convictions.

So thanks for the condescension and dismissal from a safe distance and thanks for not being able to explain the way you feel and have a decent discussion about important issues. I look forward to not reading your next hypercritical and flippant remark.

moorey

call me Mia
Wow... I get 5mbs on a good day via crappy old copper lines and adsl. No nbn anywhere near me in an inner suburb of what is allegedly the capital city.
Aren't your 'demographic' meant to be using dial up and commodore 64's? Or is that only for when your antique typewriter is at the blacksmith?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Holy crap! No explanation, no consideration, just casual abuse.

It seems your position is that you're not willing to discuss anything contrary to your opinion and anyone who thinks otherwise is below you.

Are you sure you're in a position to judge others for how they think and act?

Problem with that is, is that I am not white. Maybe you'd like to consider your own casual racism here.

For me there has to be intent. The problem I have with seeing the word Jap as racist is that before WW2 the Japanese were considered friends of this country in terms of investment, intermarriage and they were allied with Great Britain in WW1 (even if it was with the aim of taking over German territories in the Pacific, which they did, which led to the Japanese invasion of China, etc.). Back then the term Jap was used and it was no considered derogatory.

Then we had the second world war and of course relations soured as badly as they possibly could and when people used the term Jap it was referring to an enemy. Over time the word Jap became associated with anger at the Japanese and rarely in Australia did anyone have anything positive to say so Jap evolved into a term of derision simply by association with anger at the Japanese for WW2.

Now, 70 odd years later younger generations have little to no knowledge of WW2 and the anger at the Japanese does not pass through to people 20 and under. That's not to say that these people won't be racist for any particular reason but the baggage that the term Jap picked up in the 1930/40s rarely rarely exists for younger generations today.

However, people like you, my indignant and internet-outraged Poodle, are now allowing the racists to decide what language we are allowed to use. People may have no ill intent at all when they use the term Turk (oh yes, remember WW1 when Turk was considered nasty? Are you even aware of that and do you get angry when people 4 generations later use the term Turk? I'd wager not), Aussie, Brit, Indo, Jap, etc. but you want to push the ill intent of others onto them regardless of how they intend to use it or how the other person receives it. You allow the racist people of the world to define our language, you empower them by maintaining their actions across generations.

It's like your little crusade - your internet crusade. Did you do anything about it when you had that experience? Were you as rude to him as you were to me last night? Or do you just reserve that kind of behaviour when you don't have to be accountable for your actions? I'd hazard a guess that you don't know how many Japanese people think of the word Jap. I'd guess that you don't know the history of they way Jap was used or the history of Aust/Japanese relations prior to WW2. I'd wager that you're just another new-aged and outraged internet warrior who's courage does not transfer to real-life convictions.

So thanks for the condescension and dismissal from a safe distance and thanks for not being able to explain the way you feel and have a decent discussion about important issues. I look forward to not reading your next hypercritical and flippant remark.

Don't fight yourself cause you might offend yourself at the same time.