Little Things You Hate

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
LTIH: when you crack the air can on your relatively recently serviced rear shock to investigate why there's no damping...and most of the oil that should be inside the damper blurts out over the vice and the floor. It's like bleeding money.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Fck. On the plus side it will be a sweet gift as I'll have forgotten about it.
We get that at home. Box of bike stuff usually shows up with extras my wife had in basket to keep an eye on but then inadvertently purchases. Best surprise was a park tool DAG.

golden path

Banned
When your fuel light is on, and you're in a wee bit of a hurry at the servo, and there's a fat woman in her active wear fuelling up, and an old guy in a nice old Falcon XA ute waiting behind her, and then there's you. And the joint is packed. And the fat sheila goes in to pay, but also goes via the chocolates, the drink fridge and also stops at the bay marie for several tater cakes and a corn jack or three.

stirk

Burner
When your fuel light is on, and you're in a wee bit of a hurry at the servo, and there's a fat woman in her active wear fuelling up, and an old guy in a nice old Falcon XA ute waiting behind her, and then there's you. And the joint is packed. And the fat sheila goes in to pay, but also goes via the chocolates, the drink fridge and also stops at the bay marie for several tater cakes and a corn jack or three.
I hate running the tank low as you never know what traffic jam you'll end up in. Last week I rolled the dice with 85km worth of fuel in the tank.

IMG_20170208_083332.jpg

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I hate running the tank low as you never know what traffic jam you'll end up in. Last week I rolled the dice with 85km worth of fuel in the tank.
Winning: The orange 'you have a few litres in the tank' dash indicator light is not on.
Losing: The speedo say '0 km/h'.

nakedape

Likes Dirt
... and then she gets her fat arse stuck in the door on the way out!

Sent from two tin cans joined by string

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The stork is a responsibile driver. He has pulled over to take the photo, helping keep the roads that little bit safer.
Well, the engine *could* be off and the acc is on with the park brake. We can never be too careful.

Apparently texting while driving is the thing to do now. Big with P platers.

stirk

Burner
Winning: The orange 'you have a few litres in the tank' dash indicator light is not on.
Losing: The speedo say '0 km/h'.
My 31 year old car has an orange low fuel indicator light?!

I might run it dry as a test to see if a light comes on.

The stork is a responsibile driver. He has pulled over to take the photo, helping keep the roads that little bit safer.
True, when I pull over and park the car the roads are definitely safer.

Well, the engine *could* be off and the acc is on with the park brake. We can never be too careful.

Apparently texting while driving is the thing to do now. Big with P platers.
Engine was running, hands off the wheel, I'm reckless.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That used to be a LTIL in the old forester, playing russian roulette with low fuel and chance of finding a servo exactly when you needed it. Nothing beats the feeling of coasting into a servo, yeeoooww.

golden path

Banned
Shared bike / walking path cocks..

Riders who refuse to move over for anyone, and paste that "I'm really hurting" expression on their face as if they're climbing the worst climb in the Giro D'Italia. Especially the ones on MTB's who definitely can't leave the bitumen and get dirt on their tyres.

And walkers who give stinkeye to any riders on the path, and who act all startled when a rider comes by, even though said rider has made all kinds of noises to alert them, slowed, moved over, doffed his cap to them, and so on.

Both sorts shit me and as a dog-walker and someone who very occasionally uses a bit of path to get home from a nearby trail I encounter them both.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Shared bike / walking path cocks..

Riders who refuse to move over for anyone, and paste that "I'm really hurting" expression on their face as if they're climbing the worst climb in the Giro D'Italia. Especially the ones on MTB's who definitely can't leave the bitumen and get dirt on their tyres.

And walkers who give stinkeye to any riders on the path, and who act all startled when a rider comes by, even though said rider has made all kinds of noises to alert them, slowed, moved over, doffed his cap to them, and so on.

Both sorts shit me and as a dog-walker and someone who very occasionally uses a bit of path to get home from a nearby trail I encounter them both.
You wear too much clothing.

golden path

Banned
Not right now I'm not.

Post-ride nekkid forums bro. :clap2:

I also hate the Henge saddle on my Stumpjumper.

Each ride feels like it's bringing me closer and closer to arse cancer.

I just ordered a Bel Air. :clap2:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not right now I'm not.

Post-ride nekkid forums bro. :clap2:

I just ordered a Bel Air. :clap2:
Lucky for those clothes protecting you all this time.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless

Dunno about your arse, but for mine, my 2010 Stumpies Henge has been great... very comfy.

On my Cotic BFe I have a Specialized Phenom... it doesn't feel as quite as good as the Henge, but after 10 minutes, I forget about it.

Either way, they are way betterer than the Prologo's on our Meridas we had before.

YAMV...