Little Things You Hate

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Pension day yesterday, so with a fresh delivery from his meth dealer my houso neighbour has kicked off the heavy metal at 9am...

Haakon

Does he at least have good taste in metal music?
Sometimes. There occasionally some Tool and early Metallica, but alas he has a tendency to bad 80s cock rock... Most of it though is just noise I am unable to identify.

Although one Sunday afternoon he went on a Pink Floyd binge which was quite enjoyable as I was in the shed working on the car so that was good.

Haakon

Your taste in cars should give you plenty of listening time.
Low blow, but fair...

Timing belt time on the Megane too dammit... 5 years so it’s due - that’s a solid weekend’s listening time.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My time in the public service was quite different to yours...while my department didn't do much o/s travel, there was a lot of domestic travel. If you needed to be in Canberra on Thursday, you would leave on Wednesday. It was all about making sure that people rocked up ready to work, but also weren't wasting work time being unproductive or travelling. Unless that was the best option (eg 4 people in a prius from Newcastle to Canberra vs each of those people in a taxi to the airport, flying, taxi to the cbd and back again...). We also had a very proactive ride sharing system for car trips to reduce the number of single occupant journeys. Have you ever considered that perhaps your boss just thinks you're a fuckwit and wants to mess with you? Most of your work related whines give me that impression...

Also most people I worked with hated travel. They all had lives...family, pets, sport, dildos, wine...fuck I don't know what normals do outside of work. They were all confusing to me! But they all had reasons to hate on travelling. Not me! I loved the opportunity to bludge! And get the travel perks...always came home with cash in my pocket and a smile on my face.

Lastly I'm pretty sure the "travel for work" fbt and deductibles stuff has been tightened up a fair bit. Shit like splurging on conferences has really been reigned in, making it difficult to do a 2 day conference in Hawaii on breast enlargements and a 5 day golf retreat all in the one journey.

Haakon

To be fair, you just come across as a self satisfied superior twerp who thinks he is cooler than most. You might be right, but either way it’s safe to say you can’t know someone from forum posts...

Anyway. I’d like it if it was all about rocking up to work well prepared... Oh well, it’s only once or twice a year I need to do it so no biggy. It’s not top of the list of counter productive idiocy in the public service or the corporate world.

Haakon

To be fair, 5 years for a Megane is really not much if you take our the time it spends in the workshop.
It’s actually been pretty good over the 7 years I’ve had it. Only normal servicing and annoying quirks like half a dozen window regulators....

Haakon

Blocked drain holes in the scuttle + lots of rain = pulling out all the carpet and underlay and hoping it doesn’t end up permanently mouldy smelling...