Little Things You Hate

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
What is it with builders and feral work sites? I’ve watched two townhouse developments go near here recently and the work site has been a tip. Shit everywhere - offcuts, rubbish, maccas wrappers all piling up.

Dunno, to me it displays their attitude - sloppy approach.

Fucking horrible buildings too, even if they had been well built. Matchsticks, glue and cladding... That will be $800K thanks...

scblack

Leucocholic
It’s everywhere. It’s just psychology - the slow ones are nervous, and having you on their tail makes them more nervous. When the road widens with an overtaking lane, people speed up without realising they’re doing it because it doesn’t feel as fast with more space around.

No one does it to be deliberately annoying.
That is so naive.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
It’s everywhere. It’s just psychology - the slow ones are nervous, and having you on their tail makes them more nervous. When the road widens with an overtaking lane, people speed up without realising they’re doing it because it doesn’t feel as fast with more space around.

No one does it to be deliberately annoying.
You're one of them aren't you?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Simon Sinek has publish some great work regarding being to the left side of the bell curve.
No, it's a pile of crap - up there with Horoscopes.

A bell curve is typically graphed with the Y axis as population, and the X-axis .. well, yes it's units are sometimes test scores or height or one of a number of measurements. But what is the the X-axis in Mr. Sinek's blog? It's some vague concept that isn't named or quantified - you're just left to imagine some unit for which eccentric Hipster geniuses measure low, anti-social Wierdos measure high, and the rest of the population fall in the middle.

Anyway, Data doesn't all fits a normal or Gaussian distribution (and so form a standard bell curve.) It may be skewed left or right, it may be riddled with outliers. https://www.thoughtco.com/bell-curve-normal-distribution-defined-2312350

This Mr Sinek is just trying to seem smart by mis-applying a statistical concept to a random idea he had. Ultimately, this is an idiot posting "some people are insane/criminals, some are normal, some are smart but misunderstood" so a swarm of people can reply "that's me, I'm totally smart but misunderstood!"

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Realising I forgot to make sure the wheels were packed rotors inwards in the bike bag. Baggage handlers obviously put something on it, both rotors way crooked... Thankfully not so bad they didn’t straighten.