Little Things You Hate

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
LTIH: Spending 6 months running a printing press, day by day bringing it back to the standard it was when it arrived, then having to hand it back to the bloke who ran it down in the first place.

Just know its gonna be rooted again in two months.
Sounds like your superannuation is sorted!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
@Dozer were you a twin peaks fan back in the day?
Yes. Those were the days, clues were given and even as a young teen I had half a clue what was coming.
A lot of people are batting on about Westworld and don't get me wrong, I think the idea of the show is really great but they've made it stupidly complicated and not actually giving you legit connections as to what the story direction is. No biggy though, there's tons more good TV out there to satisfy an hour every couple of nights.

Flow-Rider

Burner
LTIH: Spending 6 months running a printing press, day by day bringing it back to the standard it was when it arrived, then having to hand it back to the bloke who ran it down in the first place.

Just know its gonna be rooted again in two months.
That sucks dog balls alright. You need to do some minor adjustments to back how it was in the first place.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yes. Those were the days, clues were given and even as a young teen I had half a clue what was coming.
A lot of people are batting on about Westworld and don't get me wrong, I think the idea of the show is really great but they've made it stupidly complicated and not actually giving you legit connections as to what the story direction is. No biggy though, there's tons more good TV out there to satisfy an hour every couple of nights.
Its still going to take a while to get this image of you out of my head though.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
That sucks dog balls alright. You need to do some minor adjustments to back how it was in the first place.
I would, but I still need to run it when the the other bloke can't keep up. And it'll be my fault if a job gets fucked up, just because I was pushing the buttons at the time

Flow-Rider

Burner
I would, but I still need to run it when the the other bloke can't keep up. And it'll be my fault if a job gets fucked up, just because I was pushing the buttons at the time
I see it all the time as a tradesman, some people are just pure chunts.

I was on a construction job and a bloke had super glued an airless spray gun back together after he dropped it and not told anyone. We had about 10 columns fabricated that needed to be painted in hurry before a hire crane turned up the next day to erect them in place, I grabbed the spray gun and as soon as I put the paint in it, the thinners in the paint dissolved the super glue and spray gun fell apart in hand.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
There's been some backlash in our area after our Council did some upgrades on our foreshore in the harbour. I like what they've done, more open space, more sheltered modern areas with tables, cement paths etc and a big tiered area overlooking the ocean, its mint. Of course there's been some locals greenies whining about it but they are the kind of people who don't even go near it and never did, they just like to make noise. Anyway.........
Last night my wife and I went for a walk around the harbour and came back through this new area and there's a bunch of people under one of the new shelters with a fire lit on the coloured cement. I was pretty gobsmacked actually, I can't see what kind of thinking would make you think thats okay? Anyway, there were a whole bunch of them so I decided against taking them all on only to have them see me get in my car twenty feet away and kick the doors in. I rang the local Police and said I was pretty unimpressed by tourists parked on the grass in their bongo hippy shitbox van but more pissed off that they had lit a fire on the new cement. The smart arse bitchy Police woman said "Sooooo, call the fire brigade, we don't put out fires" and scoffed at me. I was pretty pissed off actually, I told her that she can call the fire brigade while they are in their car on the way there to shift the destructive pieces of shit on and she giggled at me, saying I sounded like a guy who cared too much. I told her that she sounded like everyone else complaining about the new development there and I expected more from the Police and said that if she didn't have someone get there lazy arse down there to stop these fucking dero's wrecking the stuff that I pay huge amounts in rates for then I'd mow the lot of them down in my car. She puffed her chest out again and said she'd ring the fire brigade on my behalf, took my number and name etc and tried to end the call. I stopped her and asked again if she intended to do anything and she said she'll talk to her supervisor. I assume that was code for "fuck off, we're not doing that petty shit".
I haven't actually felt let down by the local Police before but that really pissed me off. I did the adult thing by not kicking someone's face off for wrecking the nice new stuff then I cop attitude from some bimbo that just got out of the Academy and couldn't care less about the place she got assigned to.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I haven't actually felt let down by the local Police before but that really pissed me off. I did the adult thing by not kicking someone's face off for wrecking the nice new stuff then I cop attitude from some bimbo that just got out of the Academy and couldn't care less about the place she got assigned to.
I hear you, I occasionally have fuckwits that smoke hooch in the park across the road at night also get messed up and decide to light fires. We call the fire bridge since if the gumtrees go up then it will get all nasty real fast.

Thursday night is prime fuckwit time since the police have a paid for presence at the local shopping maul and don't leave there so said fuckwits migrate a few blocks away to the park instead. If told the police more than a few times it will be like shooting fish in a barrel to just show up and fix it but apparently they are usually busy fighting crime / getting paid by the Stockland group to bother.

I have asked the Sargeant nicely to leave a loaded assault rifle and a few clips on my doorstep with a nice blue bow and a disclaimer that I won't spend time in the big house if I clean up this one horse town in Texan wild west style. I think he thought about my kind offer for a few minutes.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There's been some backlash in our area after our Council did some upgrades on our foreshore in the harbour. I like what they've done, more open space, more sheltered modern areas with tables, cement paths etc and a big tiered area overlooking the ocean, its mint. Of course there's been some locals greenies whining about it but they are the kind of people who don't even go near it and never did, they just like to make noise. Anyway.........
Last night my wife and I went for a walk around the harbour and came back through this new area and there's a bunch of people under one of the new shelters with a fire lit on the coloured cement. I was pretty gobsmacked actually, I can't see what kind of thinking would make you think thats okay? Anyway, there were a whole bunch of them so I decided against taking them all on only to have them see me get in my car twenty feet away and kick the doors in. I rang the local Police and said I was pretty unimpressed by tourists parked on the grass in their bongo hippy shitbox van but more pissed off that they had lit a fire on the new cement. The smart arse bitchy Police woman said "Sooooo, call the fire brigade, we don't put out fires" and scoffed at me. I was pretty pissed off actually, I told her that she can call the fire brigade while they are in their car on the way there to shift the destructive pieces of shit on and she giggled at me, saying I sounded like a guy who cared too much. I told her that she sounded like everyone else complaining about the new development there and I expected more from the Police and said that if she didn't have someone get there lazy arse down there to stop these fucking dero's wrecking the stuff that I pay huge amounts in rates for then I'd mow the lot of them down in my car. She puffed her chest out again and said she'd ring the fire brigade on my behalf, took my number and name etc and tried to end the call. I stopped her and asked again if she intended to do anything and she said she'll talk to her supervisor. I assume that was code for "fuck off, we're not doing that petty shit".
* their

You should've told them I was down there riding my bike around. That usually snaps the cops into action around here pretty fast!

@Mr Crudley I hate that paid for presence bullshit. I often work a Thursday night in a shopping centre th as does this. All that seems to happen is a bunch of fat cops walk around perming on under age girls. They aren't even subtle about it. The kids still run a muck and cause a shit storm.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
@Mr Crudley I hate that paid for presence bullshit. I often work a Thursday night in a shopping centre th as does this. All that seems to happen is a bunch of fat cops walk around perming on under age girls. They aren't even subtle about it. The kids still run a muck and cause a shit storm.
I was a bit surprised that they actually do it considering shopping mauls always have other security guys, albeit un armed, hanging around. So much for doing it for the 'public' when they can be hookered off to the highest bidder.

I may have to setup a Donut and Coffee stand in the park to lure them back.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
* their

You should've told them I was down there riding my bike around. That usually snaps the cops into action around here pretty fast!

The. Perving. Amok. And the collective noun for cops is 'a fuck load of'.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I was a bit surprised that they actually do it considering shopping mauls always have other security guys, albeit un armed, hanging around. So much for doing it for the 'public' when they can be hookered off to the highest bidder.

I may have to setup a Donut and Coffee stand in the park to lure them back.
Public servants, they know how to waste time.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Too long off the bike with this bloody hip, too much beer. My looser work pants didn't need a belt this morning...