Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
1. Telstra phishers called while I was out. Son believed them (!) and listened to their bullshit. Told them he couldn't do anything because the account was in my name but that I would call them!!

Five fucking lying shitting arsehole calls later I exhausted a month of swearing, yelling and abusing.

Fuckers.

Son is now aware we don't have any fucking Telstra accounts.

2. I was driving through the local supermarket carpark and a lady, maybe 45 ish, in a barge started reversing when I was level with her. So I hit the electric fuckoff button. Her car stopped and I went past and parked. When I came out with my goods, no chattels, she wandered over and proceded to tell me that hitting the horn embarassed her in front of her friends. What the? She then said she was in shock and couldn't drive out until she spoke to me. I paused as I considered my words. I told her to fuck up and get a life and perhaps learn to drive as part of that process. Guess I will be a subject on the local community arsebook page tonight. Rude male who scared and embarassed a law abiding local dumbarse. Pity I don't arsebook.
You are too kind. On both matters.

deadlegs

Likes Dirt
LTIH:
Stepping into a pedestrian crossing and oncoming drivers clearing see you and just wave at you as they drive on through....

Minlak

custom titis
you didnt weigh correctly ? they're scales are dodgy as!!!
She fucking pinged me for 150grams over 1kg in a satchel. I pointed out that the 5kg bag I had to use was only 1.5kgs in weight but she carried on about 150grams like it would cause the plane to crash and create global warming that would bring about the appocolypse. God damn I’m angry today that’s another thing I hate fucking old man rants. And now I’m doing it.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
She fucking pinged me for 150grams over 1kg in a satchel. I pointed out that the 5kg bag I had to use was only 1.5kgs in weight but she carried on about 150grams like it would cause the plane to crash and create global warming that would bring about the appocolypse. God damn I’m angry today that’s another thing I hate fucking old man rants. And now I’m doing it.
I know someone, about my age, who once propped his shoe under the baggage weighing scales at an i ternational airport so that the bag weighed 20kg. Poor check in person nearly lost an arm picking it up to put on the conveyor. Cannot do that now anf the conveyors take away the manual handling risk.

Did you ask for the calibration certificate for the scales? Under AS scales used for commercial purposes must be checked everyb3 months from memory.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ I m ay have needed a helping foot earlier this year with a snowboard bag. These tend to hang off the end of the scales a fair way. Then one of the check in team decided to hold the bag up right, like delivering a pile driver. This caused a staff discussion about inaccurate weighing techniques...then someone got a tub to focus the weight correctly. Of course the bag was too heavy. Fortunately I misunderstood the way this was expressed - I had plenty of luggage allowance, but the individual bag was too heavy. I usually roll with a duffel inside the board bag for this kind of problem. I just wish I'd known I had 2 x 23kg bags before getting to the airport.

On aircraft luggage allowances coming back from Bali after a solo surfing trip I was over the allowance. The check in dude offered to put my bag through without the excess weight fee if I crossed his palm with rupiah, approx 50% of the excess luggage fee. Seems like a good deal, I reach for my remaining rupiah " no no, not here, meet me in the boarding lounge, in the dunnies". Well my bag has already lurched its way down the conveyer belt so I guess I'm in.

I have some time to kill, so I go to the bar and it would be fair to say that during my time at the bar my capacity for simple maths has significantly diminished and I consume 50% of old mate's fee. Could make things interesting.

Go to the boarding lounge and my buddy sees me and with a wink and a nod I'm headed past a number of stern looking Indo airport officials to our rendezvous point. "Mate, this all I have sorry" as I stuff the remaining money into my accomplice's hands "what , eh, ok" and in an instant he is gone, a relieving whiz and I'm on my way home.

Probs won't do that again

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Absolutely gorgeous day out, and I’m not at work so I should be killin it.

But I’m laid up sick with a case of the haakons ffs! And I’ve already seen everything I wanna watch on netflix thanks to being on couchlock for most of the year.

AND the new bronson has me wanting a santa cruz as well, so I’m morally torn about a nice 150mm trailbike and carbonium wankery. That I can’t really afford atm either, but here I am building up a new bike and pricing parts.

Last edited:

stirk

Burner

But I’m laid up sick with a case of the haakons ffs! And I’ve already seen everything I wanna watch on netflix thanks to being on couchlock for most of the year.

AND the new bronson has me wanting a santa cruz as well, so I’m morally torn about a nice 150mm trailbike and carbonium wankery. That I can’t really afford atm either, but here I am building up a new bike and pricing parts.
On the not so Haakon side of life you're dreaming and looking at bike parts, that's fun.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Don't think unis can really exist on public grants and philanthropy only, especially non-Go8 ones. And the international student cash cow can't be the sole model.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
When you have a blinder of a run down Rockwell, most likely beating your PR that you've been chasing for a year and a half...and Strava stitches you up and doesn't record the end of the ride, so you end up with a time of 17:35 on a five minute trail.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
When you have a blinder of a run down Rockwell, most likely beating your PR that you've been chasing for a year and a half...and Strava stitches you up and doesn't record the end of the ride, so you end up with a time of 17:35 on a five minute trail.
TL;DR

had a blinder of a ride. 10/10 would ride again.

Leave strava at home dude, it takes away from the moment

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

That sucks... I've met so many people around canberra the last couple of weeks that have had this one. Its a doozy...

I did a very slow lap of Stromlo today, didnt push it for fear of a relapse and feel utterly exhausted... Felt sooooooooo bloody good to be on the bike though!!

I recommend Black Mirror on netflix. Travellers was good for when I was really crook, it was pretty stupid so good for those days when the attention span is minimal.

slowmick

38-39"
Wife has taken our daughter to her parents for 4 days. I have a million things to do around the house and i want to ride my bike. I am fucking sick. Can't swallow, can't talk ad keep falling asleep. This sucks balls.