Little Things You Hate

Freediver

I can go full Karen
BAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you saying Rupert Murdoch influenced this person to hassle a cyclist?

If you honestly think his newspapers are that capable, I am subscribing NOW. I need to be reading stuff that is so influential.
It's a bit old now but read Chomskey's Understanding Power. He talks at length about the power of the media and how agendas are set by the language used.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Reminds me a bit of Jeremy Lin vs Kenyon Martin in the NBA. Jeremy Lin (whose family is from Taiwan) decided to get dreadlocks after talking with teammates and coaching staff, and Martin (a former player) decided to go after him for cultural appropriation. Lin responded very kindly about how much he admired Martin growing up, but also gently pointed out that he had Chinese characters tattooed all over his arms. He also went in to bat against his fans abusing Martin on his behalf, despite Martin being dumb enough to double down on his criticism. Classy guy.

(whole story here, note there's a soft paywall, open in incognito mode)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The whole cultural appropriation bullshit is fabricated by those who either have nothing better to do or can no longer flick the rascism switch when they feel like. Fuck off the lot of you. You want to be integrated and not persecuted for your differences in culture and beliefs but jump on anyone who dares to follow something whether that is out of sympathy for the cause or just a personal like.

My favourite thing is looking at the Chinese characters and seeing the hash tattooists have made of the character (when I can recgnise it) and the whole this is pretty dont care what it means tats. Like the US marine I saw in Yokohama with "kitchen" tattoed large on his arm.

Life is too short for this shit.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
We all know what he was cooking with his "kitchen" @Dales Cannon! Schmoooooooooo

2 things to be hating on...
1) rain. It rained yesterday. Fine...I'll get over having a day off, I could use the rest I guess and an Onsen soak is mighty refreshing. But a second day? That's not on...at least it is almost kind of sleet at the ski field.

2) I've rocked up to a new ski field, picked it because there is theoretically some rather steep terrain on offer. Why did my back pack feel so light on the bus ride here? Ahhhhh...I left my helmet at home.

Reactions: Zaf

safreek

We all know what he was cooking with his "kitchen" @Dales Cannon! Schmoooooooooo

2 things to be hating on...
1) rain. It rained yesterday. Fine...I'll get over having a day off, I could use the rest I guess and an Onsen soak is mighty refreshing. But a second day? That's not on...at least it is almost kind of sleet at the ski field.

2) I've rocked up to a new ski field, picked it because there is theoretically some rather steep terrain on offer. Why did my back pack feel so light on the bus ride here? Ahhhhh...I left my helmet at home.
Ah, no helmet good, no ski's bad

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
That's a new one. Got abused by another cyclist for not using a bell to overtake her on the two lane bike path.

Ummm. Ok......

Binaural

Eats Squid
That's a new one. Got abused by another cyclist for not using a bell to overtake her on the two lane bike path.

Ummm. Ok......
I'll fit and use a bell once pedestrians promise to reliably move to the left when I ring it whilst coming up from behind. Everybody who regularly rides through the chaos of Pyrmont bridge in Sydney knows what I'm talking about.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I'll fit and use a bell once pedestrians promise to reliably move to the left when I ring it whilst coming up from behind. Everybody who regularly rides through the chaos of Pyrmont bridge in Sydney knows what I'm talking about.
Yep. I once decided to refit a bell and use it as an experiment. Waaaaay more close calls from dumb and unpredictable actions in response.

Better that you’re already past them before they can react.