Little Things You Hate

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
This is a big thing. Humongous even.

Amazon. Case in point ....

Alaskan based company - Non Stop Dogwear - list the item I'm looking at on their site @ $37.99 USD and on US based Amazon @$49.95.

The company has a franchise here in the land of Oz. They list the same item @$70 AUD, which is quite reasonable considering the exchange rate.

And in the fantasy-land of Amazon dot 'ey you ...

I can't even begin to express my disgust with this juggernaut, price gouging, criminally minded company. And they own the data banks ........

nathanm

Eats Squid
People not describing parts correctly when selling them. Bought a brand x dropper from a local FB group for $80. Advert said the buyer had purchased the wrong size and needed 27.2. No mentioned of it being used or any damage or wear.
Thinking I was getting a bargain I opened it to find a dirty used post with wear and marks.
Thankfully it does work but I would suspect a limited lifespan. Probably what you'd expect for $80 but couldve bought a new one for not much more

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
People not describing parts correctly when selling them
one thing fantastic about rotorburn is that with maybe 1 dodgy exception all the other 100 things have been great

nathanm

Eats Squid
People not describing parts correctly when selling them
one thing fantastic about rotorburn is that with maybe 1 dodgy exception all the other 100 things have been great
So very true. Plenty of people out there like Moorey who are happy to help people out with free bits n bobs and the rest just selling good quality gear. I reckon if you sold something dodgy here you'd end up with a lynch mob after you.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Last nights rain filled my water tank but the water was filthy. There was so much dust in the air it was mud that fell from the sky not rain. The tank is connected to the laundry and a toilet. There is no way I can wash clothes with it and it looks like the toilet hasn't been flushed.
I guess it's not as bad as what my mate at Venus Bay got. His tank smells like a cross between bong water and coal tar after the rain that arrived while the smoke was around.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yeah our creek water tastes better than the rain water.
Same thing smokey yellow rainwater. oh well the roof had to get a wash sometime

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Last nights rain filled my water tank but the water was filthy. There was so much dust in the air it was mud that fell from the sky not rain. The tank is connected to the laundry and a toilet. There is no way I can wash clothes with it and it looks like the toilet hasn't been flushed.
I guess it's not as bad as what my mate at Venus Bay got. His tank smells like a cross between bong water and coal tar after the rain that arrived while the smoke was around.
Talk to peter at psi filters about a tank system.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I didn't even think we had that much in the air down here in Melbourne. Looks like I was wrong, concrete out the back yard is filthy!

If you're on tank water, I'd recommend having a drinking water filter anyway. A two stage filter with a tap is cheap as chips and easy to set up under your kitchen sink.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
aimed at thumpers/trail bikes riding through late at night is most likely. bloke is going to get caught though
I don't know what I'd do if my dog landed on them. The kind of person to even think of doing this, needs to be culled.