Little Things You Hate

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Geeez, it is stupid that they went ahead with any burns today since it was pretty windy.
  1. It was very windy.
  2. There is currently only one road open into the RNP.
  3. Hazard reductions have ceased to be effective in the new climate we live in.
  4. It's spring time so there are birds nesting, what do they do when the tree goes up?
  5. They lost control of the fire.
  6. We don't have enough resources to extinguish or control it.

Fuck we are stupid.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Having a fucking huge Brown snake strike at the dogs, and getting between us and them. Thankfully it was rearing up and holding its ground so I could go around it... But then one of dogs tried to run back to Kirsty past the snake and it struck at it...

I had to brave the snake and run in and scoop her up and do a runner while kirsty ran back the other way to go get the car. Pup currently at the vet under observation... My collarbone did not enjoy carrying two smallish dogs at speed for a few hundred metres. sigh.

Fuck me anti venom costs a fucking fortune!!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Certainly made contact, im 75% sure her fur and super fast leaping saved her, but not taking the chance...
Good call. My sister's dog got bitten by a brown at their place last year. Seemed fine for a bit then went downhill fast. Two lots of antivenom and two days in hospital and he just pulled through. Not something to take a gamble on. Hope pup is ok!

Haakon

Running past a rearing and hissing ~1.5m brown in shorts to rescue a cowering scared dog is not something i can recommend...

Haakon

would have been me if we were walking in front of the dogs… with bare legs. thats my reminder to not be a dickhead walking alongside long grass near a creek on a nice sunny day in spring. ill have to admit this was an attempted darwin award

droenn

Fat Man's XC President

Hoping it was a dry bite! Snakes suck when they can't be arsed moving and hold their ground... Good luck to your pup!

Worst fear of mine, especially the pup who is unpredictable in that situation... we've only come across red bellies with the dogs - but browns when I've been on the bike.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Which leg of the shorts was it wearing?
Sounds like it was big enough to horse shoe itself and wear both legs.

Wise move @Haakon . Unless you secretly want a new dog. A really big macho dog that will make your neighbours happy to know you. I hope you were wearing the brown pants.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Fuck me anti venom costs a fucking fortune!!
Hope the pup is doing ok !

An older mate of mine and his missus had a stray cat rock up at their place while they had it up for sale, it hung around for few weeks then one day they found it in a bad way on the back door step, he rushed it to the vets and had a very tricky conversation with his wife whether to pay the $$$ for the anti-venom to save the adopted stray or send it to a certain death.

The cat made a full recovery, then disappeared, they moved out 2 weeks after the last sighting.

Last edited: