Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They can try all they like. I’m a lost cause.
I’ll just have to be content with my memories or seeing Motörhead, The Ramones, The Hard Ons and Slayer there and probably a few more I can’t remember.
You will hurt their feelings...

*Actual levels of hurt may vary depending on the weight of your bank.

slowmick

38-39"
Just heard Hillsong have acquired Festival hall.
Pretty crappy venue but so many great bands have played there for many decades. Now it’s owned by a bunch of happy clapping scammers and we have one less music venue.
Fuck Hillsong and the horse they rode in on. :mad:
You always remember your first time - 1989 - Metallica Damaged Justice tour.

16 Years old. We lined up from early afternoon to get to the front. The men were drinking VBs and rolling their empty subbies into traffic. By 6 they were lobbing stubbies into traffic and the cops closed the street. Back when you needed to sneak a film camera into the venue in your jocks if you wanted a picture of the band on stage.

Fuck those Happy Clapper Mother Fuckers.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
You always remember your first time - 1989 - Metallica Damaged Justice tour.

16 Years old. We lined up from early afternoon to get to the front. The men were drinking VBs and rolling their empty subbies into traffic. By 6 they were lobbing stubbies into traffic and the cops closed the street. Back when you needed to sneak a film camera into the venue in your jocks if you wanted a picture of the band on stage.

View attachment 368590

Fuck those Happy Clapper Mother Fuckers.
They can have it, it‘a a shit venue. Have seen dozens of concerts there and very very few sounded any good...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yeah it home about a week ago, as per my photo of the marina etc in the other thread. But here's a different one from post work Saturday night. Finished work just after the down pour.
Be thankful you got out of the furnace before summer.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Freediver

I can go full Karen
We probably stumbled into each other and spilt each others beer at some stage
at anyone of those venues. I’d also add the Seaview Ballroom and The Venue as well as a host of smaller pubs and clubs i don’t remember seeing a ton of bands at. Even made it to Ballarat a couple of times for gigs.
Aren't you just a touch young for The Seaview and maybe The Venue. I only went to the Venue once and it was for the last gig there. The Seaview closed when I was in high school and to young for licensed venues.
I remember seeing Rollins at Festy, probably the worst sound of any gig I've been to.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Aren't you just a touch young for The Seaview and maybe The Venue. I only went to the Venue once and it was for the last gig there. The Seaview closed when I was in high school and to young for licensed venues.
I remember seeing Rollins at Festy, probably the worst sound of any gig I've been to.
Was it one of his weird spoken word gigs?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Legally a touch young yes but the door ‘bitches’ as they were affectionately known would let me sneak in at 15-16. Bands like Depression, Gash, Arm the Insane. Blew my head off. My mates God played there a couple of times, their gear getting dropped off by their parents. And then it was gone.
the Venue I only went a couple of times. Remember seeing The Stupids.
Basically I was a kid that they let sneak past the bouncers who didn’t give much of a shit back then.
let’s just say St Kinda was a big part of my early education lol.

Jpez

Down on the left!

He always did those at smaller venues from memory. Remember one at The Richmond Club. Pretty weird. Loved the Rollins Band but his spoken word stuff was pretty fucked up and never went again.

Freediver

I can go full Karen

As Jpez said.
He always did those at smaller venues from memory. Remember one at The Richmond Club. Pretty weird. Loved the Rollins Band but his spoken word stuff was pretty fucked up and never went again.
That was a full house and I didn't get in but after hearing some of his angry and or dumb rants later that was probably a good thing. Tales of throwing rocks at fishermen and punching people don't do it for me. The dumbest one though was one about a bar in QLD called Fanny's that sold a cocktail called fanny juice, he ranted for a bit about how dumb Aussies were because we didn't know fanny meant arse in the US, he had know idea what it meant here.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Be thankful you got out of the furnace before summer.

I spent a few weeks there last Christmas, so am somewhat familiar with how it is. I had no intention of being there past the start of November this year. Why people choose to live there blows my mind.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

I've seen him on his talking commedy twice and with the band once. All were awesome gigs. Perhaps he had mellowed as a solo performer by the times I saw him

Jpez

Down on the left!
As Jpez said.

That was a full house and I didn't get in but after hearing some of his angry and or dumb rants later that was probably a good thing. Tales of throwing rocks at fishermen and punching people don't do it for me. The dumbest one though was one about a bar in QLD called Fanny's that sold a cocktail called fanny juice, he ranted for a bit about how dumb Aussies were because we didn't know fanny meant arse in the US, he had know idea what it meant here.
I always found his stuff a bit confusing. One moment he’d be railing against homophobes then come out with a homophobic joke, and his sexism at times was off the charts.
But the actual band in their prime were something to behold.