Little Things You Hate

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Dealing with bike shops (controversial, sorry). Trying to get some spare shock hardware for the RM - they have their own eyelet bearing hardware - and called a shop to order late last week. At the time all the guy could tell me was that they were available - no indication of price or lead time. Okay, no worries, call the distro and order them, then give me a call back and let me know how long/how much. Crickets. Called today, trying to find out the same two things (I'm going away for a month in about a week - trying to make sure I have them before I leave). "Yeah mate they're not here yet". Okay cool I get that, but how long do you expect they will take and how much will they cost me when they arrive? "For all I know they could be in a box in the office that hasn't been opened yet, but I'll call you when they arrive". Okay... How much? "Not a clue really, it's been a while since I've ordered any... I think maybe around the $30 mark?"

So, they're not here yet (but they might be), and they might be about $30 but really they could cost anything. Cool. Meanwhile, his tone through the entire conversation was the classic "stop asking stupid questions" tone.

FFS. Customer service just isn't that hard.

RapidRob

Likes Bikes
So...I was having today off. 2 days off in a row, oh the dream! Instead I did a favour for one of my colleagues and as a result the day just kept taking a shit on me. A mellow shift turned into 12 hours of nonstop "fuck me!!!" Climaxing with finding a freezer that had been erroneously turned off over the weekend in what should have been the beginning of my last hour of work. Well actually the 3rd version of my last hour of work. The could pool of icecream that had evolved in the bottom of that freezer was gross.

And I wore my new shoes! Lucky they didn't get soaked in freeze goo when I rolled that piece of shit over and poured out the grossness.
In an unexpected good news story:
Reading your post while avoiding a work task, it occurred to me that I too had left a freezer turned off and almost earned a mention in the F*ckwits thread! I raced out of the room and fixed it, thankfully it only had a few hours and there was not yet a pool of congealed meat juice and scum in the bottom of the freezer. Phew, saved by the poodle!

But also, I feel your pain, after a notable encounter with a pool of beer and yoghurt that escaped our caravan fridge on a corrugated road, only to be found several hot hours later.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
In an unexpected good news story:
Reading your post while avoiding a work task, it occurred to me that I too had left a freezer turned off and almost earned a mention in the F*ckwits thread! I raced out of the room and fixed it, thankfully it only had a few hours and there was not yet a pool of congealed meat juice and scum in the bottom of the freezer. Phew, saved by the poodle!

But also, I feel your pain, after a notable encounter with a pool of beer and yoghurt that escaped our caravan fridge on a corrugated road, only to be found several hot hours later.
Beerghurt? Could be a new thing ....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It almost was. Given a few more hours it could well have developed a new identity, new system of government, new world order. heck, it had already developed a formidable weapon of mass olfactory destruction.
Wonder how effective it is against global warming?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Doing an install 30min from the factory. So spend a good hour planning it out and packing all the gear I need so I’ll need for nothing.
Jobs going well. Haven’t forgotten anything. Give my self a few pats on the back.
Grab the router case out and open it up to find the key spanners to change the bit are not there.
Then I remember they are still hanging on the wall in the factory.

Minlak

custom titis
That mate who turns up exactly 15 minutes late to eeeeeevery ride.
We always had the rule of a a 7:00am ride means we leave the trail head at 7am - then that became we hang around til 7:10am incase some one is late and then that became arrive at 7am and now people not only arrive at 7am but then proceed to lube chains - check tyre pressures - get dressed.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Schedule 30 mins earlier and arrive at the old time. A mate of ours is like that so we just tell him 30 mins earlier than everyone else. Used to be an absolute pain with progressive dinners when we were living the dream west of the divide. Now he is usually still late but only a few minutes.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I used to have one of those, so we started telling him half an hour early start times. Then he worked that out. Many years later he doesn't ride anymore and is always on time to social gatherings but now leaves early.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I reckon it's the backlog of Strayans that's becoming a marketing issue for Mr Scomo... You would just make it more difficult for him.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
If I stayed for 3 months it's no problem?! But because I want to go and come back in 5 weeks time so I can see my son start school, the computer says "no".
Yet athletes and actors can come and go as they please. How is that fair. One rule for them one rule for others.