Little Things You Hate

safreek

Yes...the pressure to conform is still a very real expressed thing, same as having children. From my casual observations both seem more frequent for woman. I still cop both (in my mid 40s for fuck's sake...) from most angles (not just family) directly and indirectly. I think mum has finally given up on me siring any grandchildren. Dad is about the only one who hasn't ever hassled me.
I'm guessing it's the married people who don't see this as harrassment, they need to mind there own business really.
You can still have kids without marriage, you would be a great dad with all the toys you have

moorey

call me Mia
Yes...the pressure to conform is still a very real expressed thing, same as having children. From my casual observations both seem more frequent for woman. I still cop both (in my mid 40s for fuck's sake...) from most angles (not just family) directly and indirectly. I think mum has finally given up on me siring any grandchildren. Dad is about the only one who hasn't ever hassled me.
Fold the record, and I speak on behalf of everyone here, we don’t want you to have children either.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fold the record, and I speak on behalf of everyone here, we don’t want you to have children either.
But I'm in a conundrum @moorey...Every sperm is sacred and I am running out of freezer space.

"We had a clean up and moved some stuff around in the workshop while you were away. Heaps more room!"
"That's great, now can you go cut 600mm off all the lengths of material so they can still fit in the saw...."
Fucking lucky fellow! You and I work in opposite world. My first shift back was along the lines of "fuck mate, can you come in and fix 3 weeks worth of shit being left everywhere?" And there was 3 workplace injuries while I was away...bran implosion.

slowmick

38-39"
People can be shit with their opinions - why aren't you married, when are you having kids, when are you having more kids, why don't you have a dog, why do you have that dog, you should have a better item, why did you spend so much on that item.

Isn't that one of the beauties of riding a bike. You can take a break from people and their opinions. Fuck 'em - if they don't have to live with it or pay for it they don't get a say.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
People can be shit with their opinions - why aren't you married, when are you having kids, when are you having more kids, why don't you have a dog, why do you have that dog, you should have a better item, why did you spend so much on that item.

Isn't that one of the beauties of riding a bike. You can take a break from people and their opinions. Fuck 'em - if they don't have to live with it or pay for it they don't get a say.
Yeah, but why are you on THIS forum?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Agreed with the kids thing. It is an assumption that people will have/have kids.

I'm married but no kids, most likely won't ever have them either but pretty much everyone I have met in the last 10 years assume I would have kids.

I haven't even grown up yet FFS

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Day 9 of the spicey cough in our house and my daughter tests positive. She was allowed back at school today with a negative test. She's had a cough for weeks but always tested negative - we thought she contagion monkey and had got over it - seems not. This is fucked.
Thats the issue with this shit now. Quarantine/Iso, no work, no school, no anything...

Here's a mate in N Irelands post from about a week ago. 3rd time since 1/1/22 ~75 days.

We need to just get on with this shit.

safreek

Totally correct, almost everyone has their opinion about others. I'm pretty much the opposite, if it does not concern me I don't care what you have or not, unless I'm shit stirring.

My partner asks me questions about people o meet, pointless really. The same questions everyone seems to need to know.
I don't care if a person is married, poor, car fanatic whatever really.
If people want me to know they will tell me.
The age of respect for other people's life has gone, bloody sad