Little Things You Hate

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I agree, life is too short to ride shit bikes. But being comfortable about leaving your bike locked up at work or outside on council racks comes with compromises.

I ride my SS steel Bombtrack which is the balance of fun commute and threshold of not caring about a paint chip here or there.

(We've actually now got a brand new bike shed at work, with elevated platforms and wheelstands etc. also has a compressor and workbench in one corner)

deadlegs

Likes Dirt
I have kms and kms of great trails between my house and work, I deliberately bought a house in that location for that specific purpose. My commute is 80% of my recreational riding all rolled into one. Riding a shitter is not an option for me, gladly.

Good thing is that my boss and COO are happy to go into bat for me on this.
Envious!!! CBR is good for that.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I have kms and kms of great trails between my house and work, I deliberately bought a house in that location for that specific purpose. My commute is 80% of my recreational riding all rolled into one. Riding a shitter is not an option for me, gladly.

Good thing is that my boss and COO are happy to go into bat for me on this.
Same here, I have a bunch of single track with great climbs and descents as one option, and 6/15/25km roadie options all on bike paths - its a top way to start the day and riding a shitter would take half the fun out of it... (as much as it appeals on an N+1 basis!)

Alas our building managers are useless and would think we're being weird not wanting to bang up our bikes.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
(We've actually now got a brand new bike shed at work, with elevated platforms and wheelstands etc. also has a compressor and workbench in one corner)
Holy crap, where do you work?! That's a pretty phenomenal setup they've given you.

Envious!!! CBR is good for that.
I'm one of the few that seems to be really happy to live in this town and that's one of the main reasons why.

Same here, I have a bunch of single track with great climbs and descents as one option, and 6/15/25km roadie options all on bike paths - its a top way to start the day and riding a shitter would take half the fun out of it... (as much as it appeals on an N+1 basis!)
Bruce Ridge are the only trails close to town that I know of, which trails are you referring to (quietly hopes to learn of new CBR trails....)?

Haakon

Im in Narrabundah and work in the Parl Triangle - so can ride up to the Hindmarsh end of Red Hill and there are a few options through that. Along the front is a really nice flow trail, or I can slog up across the top, or around the back there are pretty decent technical bits. Then down through Parliament house and down to work.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Dang, nowhere near my end of town. Heard there's supposed to be nice trails in Jerrabomba though.

Haakon

I've heard that too. Isaacs Ridge Pines has also been getting some love I hear, should go for an explore at some point...

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
You guys need to explore a bit more!

Dang, nowhere near my end of town. Heard there's supposed to be nice trails in Jerrabomba though.
It is really good there - unofficial trails so a bit more rough than what you get elsewhere in ACT. Some describe it as "oldschool XC" - you do want a bike that you can pedal up a bit with, lots of tight ups and downs.

I've heard that too. Isaacs Ridge Pines has also been getting some love I hear, should go for an explore at some point...
Isaacs is great - its basically 2 downhill runs with A, B & C lines. Lots of rock gardens and big drops (if you dare). A bit of travel and full face for maximum enjoyment.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
October was the Great Cycle Challenge, so it was all about kms - and that meant road riding. November started so I commuted by MTB - on dirt. Enjoyed it, so declared on Strava that Nov should be 'dirt month' for riding, and it's bloody rained ever since. Trails will be mush until the rain stops

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
October was the Great Cycle Challenge, so it was all about kms - and that meant road riding. November started so I commuted by MTB - on dirt. Enjoyed it, so declared on Strava that Nov should be 'dirt month' for riding, and it's bloody rained ever since. Trails will be mush until the rain stops
Now I know who to blame.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hey, leave me out of it. :jaw:

How is stuff post move out of the house of long term comfortable despair sir?
Excessive rain makes for an unwelcome amount of staying in. While I've moved all of about 700m the new location is not as conveniently located to a night life as my last place. It is fine when the weather is good...not so much when the weather is bad.

Otherwise it's gravy. Just waiting to find a house I like. Patience is not my strongest gift. Exacerbated by dealing with real estate agents.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Otherwise it's gravy. Just waiting to find a house I like. Patience is not my strongest gift. Exacerbated by dealing with real estate agents.
That's the spirit, think of Mrs Poodle seniors fine home cooking. You must have a few less responsibilities now, so you live like a rockstar and do all the stuff we dream about.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Excessive rain makes for an unwelcome amount of staying in. While I've moved all of about 700m the new location is not as conveniently located to a night life as my last place. It is fine when the weather is good...not so much when the weather is bad.

Ya wanna swap just had to deal with these dumb arses in my rental, they missed 90% of the things on the exit report and what's worse I looked in the corner of the back fence and spotted where termites had been. Then I went inside to fix some of the vertical blinds only to find the keys were left inside form when they got locked outside from the door slamming shut on them. The showers are mouldy as and the neighbours shit me because the grass in their yard is a foot tall, does any cunt have any pride in the way they live these days.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's the spirit, think of Mrs Poodle seniors fine home cooking. You must have a few less responsibilities now, so you live like a rockstar and do all the stuff we dream about.
She is a great cook. Sadly she is scared of meat. Took her for Brazilian (my favourite place here does excellent vegetarian meals) and she audibly gagged a few times while I was receiving my portions of animal.

I whipped up a sweet for her on the weekend. Bananas foster and one of my personalised cocktails to match. Bananas were ace. I'm used to allowing a flame up to about 2.5m. Her kitchen ceiling is lucky to be that high! Was hard to control the blast...

Ya wanna swap just had to deal with these dumb arses in my rental, they missed 90% of the things on the exit report and what's worse I looked in the corner of the back fence and spotted where termites had been. Then I went inside to fix some of the vertical blinds only to find the keys were left inside form when they got locked outside from the door slamming shut on them. The showers are mouldy as and the neighbours shit me because the grass in their yard is a foot tall, does any cunt have any pride in the way they live these days.
Life is too short to give any fucks about the lawn! Mowed mine (personally) once in the ~13 years I owned that place. Paid a kid to do it twice and my dad used to come round and do it a bit in the early days until he realised I didn't give a fuck...the time I mowed the grass it was mid thigh deep in my concrete courtyard!

As.for agents that don't deliver as property managers, I hear you. A bunch of useless over paid shmucks the lot of them. And don't they get shitty when you point out stuff like "what do you mean you didn't know they had a bird? Did you not see the 6 large cages they left in the house and all the bird shit on the walls???!!!?????" holy fuck bitch now isn't the time to pretend I'm in the wrong here!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
She is a great cook. Sadly she is scared of meat. Took her for Brazilian (my favourite place here does excellent vegetarian meals) and she audibly gagged a few times while I was receiving my portions of animal.
I've had plenty of the tofu fake animal range. The roast duck is pretty good. You will have to put on weight there.

Flow-Rider

Burner

I whipped up a sweet for her on the weekend. Bananas foster and one of my personalised cocktails to match. Bananas were ace. I'm used to allowing a flame up to about 2.5m. Her kitchen ceiling is lucky to be that high! Was hard to control the blast...

Life is too short to give any fucks about the lawn! Mowed mine (personally) once in the ~13 years I owned that place. Paid a kid to do it twice and my dad used to come round and do it a bit in the early days until he realised I didn't give a fuck...the time I mowed the grass it was mid thigh deep in my concrete courtyard!

As.for agents that don't deliver as property managers, I hear you. A bunch of useless over paid shmucks the lot of them. And don't they get shitty when you point out stuff like "what do you mean you didn't know they had a bird? Did you not see the 6 large cages they left in the house and all the bird shit on the walls???!!!?????" holy fuck bitch now isn't the time to pretend I'm in the wrong here!
Mow ya grass ya mug.

These people were the people before last, I came back from an oversees holiday and they were unable to rent the house out after the tenants had vacated a month later. Geese I wonder why and apparently the cleaner had to go back but they were waiting to find new tenants before they finished the cleaning.

Anyone up for a roast dinner or a shower while you're at it?
What gets me the most is it's never them, it's always the people before :suspicious:

20150310_132039.jpg

20150310_120239.jpg