Little Things You Hate

Minlak

custom titis
I think it makes him look like a bigger wanker than what he already is to be honest, They should have charged him for hitting a minor.
For retaliation when he was attacked from behind by an unknown attacker of indeterminate size or intent? I don’t like the man but he has a right to defend himself.

Now the people around him that “stacked” on that’s a different story.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Sort of funny and stupid at the same time.

He needs more than an egg in the back of his head.

Annndddd the violence perpetuates ........ And gives him even more of a voice and media attention.
Unfortunately, yes, but the sort of degenerates that guy attracts don't really care and they aren't getting their daily news feed from the SMH/Age, Guardian or NYT. I hope most of the general public who have now been exposed to him see him for the person he is.

That kid has some kahunas though.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
For retaliation when he was attacked from behind by an unknown attacker of indeterminate size or intent? I don’t like the man but he has a right to defend himself.

That's bullshit, he turned looked saw it was a kid and had a go, then went for seconds, fucking coward.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Big Man, hitting someone that small, an egg isn't going to kill you aye.

The rest of the world needs to know we don't take people like that serious here, the kid didn't really go about it the right way but as an adult and Senator you should reframe yourself from doing that sort of thing.

Last edited:

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Agreed, unfortunately. Kid is going to cop it. Despite Scomo and Shorty both denouncing what was said yesterday and proposing to censure Anning, he went about it in the wrong way. Of course Anning was in Melbourne for a rally with Neil Erickson so he was basically looking for a fight anyway.

And because of all the violence begets violence shit Bolt is gonna have a field day next week.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member

Retaliation is not the same as defence. IF Anning had have swung blindly then he could say that he was defending himself from attack. However, he turned, saw a person half his size just standing still and then hit him twice in the head.

You are not allowed to 'retaliate', that is an example of taking the law into your own hands. The legal path would have been to report it to the police. The illegal path is to use violence against some one as punishment. I doubt there is a court in the land that would believe Anning if he said he felt threatened and struck the kid out of self defence, it was very clearly out of anger and revenge.

The kid might be playing a very smart game here. You can be expelled from parliament if you are found guilty of a crime that is punishable by a year of more of imprisonment. The kid cracked the egg on Anning's head and then stood back, motionless and filmed it. If he presses charges and Anning is found guilty, the kid may have trapped him into removing himself from the Senate.

Watch this space.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Day 1 of a weekend MTB trip and my fork is rooted. Landed a jump at Turner Hill and it makes a clunk like it bottomed out, although was no where near enough force to. Now getting a full 15mm of travel.

Shuttles at Murray Valley should be brilliant fun tomorrow

slowmick

38-39"
My 85 year old neighbour passed away on Wednesday after years of health problems. Had the most visitors i have ever seen at his place over the last 15 years as they emptied out and divided up the house. Had to find somewhere else to be. :mad:

Flow-Rider

Burner
My 85 year old neighbour passed away on Wednesday after years of health problems. Had the most visitors i have ever seen at his place over the last 15 years as they emptied out and divided up the house. Had to find somewhere else to be. :mad:
Same thing happened with my Father overseas, bank accounts and house emptied and nobody knows anything.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Same thing happened with my Father overseas, bank accounts and house emptied and nobody knows anything.
Gross.

My aunt was less than gracious after my gran went, but we shut her down hard... She was mostly jealous my partner had a better relationship with my gran than my aunt did.

In short, people are weird and things get complicated.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Gross.

My aunt was less than gracious after my gran went, but we shut her down hard... She was mostly jealous my partner had a better relationship with my gran than my aunt did.

In short, people are weird and things get complicated.
I know what you exactly mean. :(

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Kid should've thrown the egg (shoe style) rather than slapped him with it. Love the prominent phone camera as well...is he live streaming the POV of the egg slap? Anning is a premium douche and appears to punch with a custard arm.