Little Things You Hate

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The price of Cassettes to suit XD Drivers.

I want to get my aggro hardtail (what was my only bike until earlier this year) back to running well with some Magura MT5 brakes, discs and new cassette, chainring, chain and tyres. I keep delaying it because I hate the idea of buying a $200 11 speed cassette when I wasn't getting much more than a year of good running life out of them. Glad I went Shimano 11 spd on my new build, while a bit heavier due to the freewheel design the XT 11spd cassettes are half the price and seem to last better.

Edit: This prompted an ad in the trading area to buy a Hope Pro 4 HG (standard) or swap for XD freehub.
Sunrace xd cassettes?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

LPG

likes thicc birds
Sunrace xd cassettes?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Just saw those. Not that cheap, light or available but I like that I wouldn't be giving in to the high price of SRAM spares. I'll see how I go trying to get a cheap HG freehub. If not I'll look a bit closer at those.

I really hate the direction cassettes and freehub standards have gone. I much prefer XD drivers to the old HG style but hate that SRAM have so much control over the compatible cassettes, and the high price they start at.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Bloody dog ran off today, kids left the screen door ajar and he just decided to bolt because he hadn't had a long enough walk apparently. Spent 2hrs riding around side streets looking for him while wifey drove around the main roads.

Eventually gave up and sat out the front to wait for him to hopefully come back, was a pretty shit feeling not knowing what was going on. Then we eventually got a callback from the council, he'd been found in a local gym (?!) and was on route to the pound.

Pound was closing in 3 minutes at that stage so he's got a night in doggy lockup to think about his actions. Was a big relief, those worst case thoughts aren't much fun

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bloody dog ran off today, kids left the screen door ajar and he just decided to bolt because he hadn't had a long enough walk apparently. Spent 2hrs riding around side streets looking for him while wifey drove around the main roads.

Eventually gave up and sat out the front to wait for him to hopefully come back, was a pretty shit feeling not knowing what was going on. Then we eventually got a callback from the council, he'd been found in a local gym (?!) and was on route to the pound.

Pound was closing in 3 minutes at that stage so he's got a night in doggy lockup to think about his actions. Was a big relief, those worst case thoughts aren't much fun

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Its always a long wait. I had an escape artist a while back. The mother fucker got hit by a car while I was out at dinner one night! Got a very fast ride across town after being told he was on the way out by the driver that hit him. Was pretty messy when I got there, but he was mostly ok. After the vet finished checking him over he jumped off the table and pissed everywhere! Then bolted into the over night room and tried to pick a fight with a big dog in a cage. He slept for a few days and then lived many more happy years.

the dog catcher caught him once and called me rather than run him in. I dashed home and it turned out I'd left the front door open!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Before the nugget and the wombat on stilts, we had a tiny Papillon. Seriously, that fucker could scale a polished concrete wall. Last time he escaped he took on a HQ one-tonner, and, well, that was the last time he got out...... :oops:

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
When the panko crumb on your schnitzel has the distinct flavour of other food that has been in the fryer...like fish. Fuck off fish!
Hence the last resort of cracking a new toothbrush? That must have been a very average schnitty.