Little Things You Hate

Haakon

Keeps on digging
That was quick!
We've been told that we likely won't be back, except for meetings by exception, until January. Not really sure if that's a LTIH or LTIL...
Yeah its all a bit crap. Oh well, we will be back home again soon once transmission kicks off again because we are all back in the office!

I have no office dogs here. Thats pretty shit... Got a good "you traitor!" look from them leaving the house this morning...

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Yeah its all a bit crap. Oh well, we will be back home again soon once transmission kicks off again because we are all back in the office!

I have no office dogs here. Thats pretty shit... Got a good "you traitor!" look from them leaving the house this morning...
Did you take a wheel chair to work?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
washing machine with a touchpad. it beeps when you press it. it beeps when you press it even if it didn't record it against any function. 2 hours after you pressed it to start and it beeped its done nothing. instead you have to listen for the beep, then wait a second or so for the door to latch to know it is doing something. Surely someone smart enough to design all this is smart enough to know how dumb this is

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
washing machine with a touchpad. it beeps when you press it. it beeps when you press it even if it didn't record it against any function. 2 hours after you pressed it to start and it beeped its done nothing. instead you have to listen for the beep, then wait a second or so for the door to latch to know it is doing something. Surely someone smart enough to design all this is smart enough to know how dumb this is
Bosch?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Why's that? I'm probably costing them (and myself given im a taxpayer too) less WFH...
I call absolute BS on this "I'm more productive at home" crap. Sure, if the gubment drops office GFA and saves some money maybe it could balance out but this is the gubment we're talking about.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I call absolute BS on this "I'm more productive at home" crap. Sure, if the gubment drops office GFA and saves some money maybe it could balance out but this is the gubment we're talking about.
Well, I guess it varies. My section and Kirsty’s section have crunched the numbers and found a slight increase in productivity. Mostly I suspect because it’s easier to do longer hours. Come back after dinner and do some extra things, start early given you’re up anyway and the commute is a 10 metre walk. Etc.

But it does I’m sure depend on what sort of work you do.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Well, I guess it varies. My section and Kirsty’s section have crunched the numbers and found a slight increase in productivity. Mostly I suspect because it’s easier to do longer hours. Come back after dinner and do some extra things, start early given you’re up anyway and the commute is a 10 metre walk. Etc.

But it does I’m sure depend on what sort of work you do.
Hang on here ..... are you trying to tell me that public servants at home are doing longer hours unpaid and being just as productive during the standard working hours? Or are you suggesting that the bit of time before SBH and after dinner is to make up for distraction time during the day?