Little Things You Hate

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Last edited:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Flies. So many flies. Doesn't help that I'm sweaty and too slow to ride away from them.
That's the one thing I really like about Tassie, the flies aren't that bad. I've seen people riding with fly nets because they are so bad. Seems to be a more inland Australia thing.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Local government. The security guards of public servants - too dumb and useless to be real cops.

They decided on day one they didnt want approve my subdivision, so then spent the next few years making me jump through so so many expensive hoops while they just kept coming up with new road blocks. Reverse engineering their desired outcome and shopping for experts to keep me on the backfoot. Utterly outrageous behaviour and now it looks like im off to VCAT...

So much for a quiet stress free life. This is not the week I quit drinking...

scblack

Leucocholic
The news.

Good fucking god the world is a grim place these days.
How has it changed from the past?

Middle East = same as past decades/centuries.

Inflation = causing headaches for everyone.

Fuel prices = always causing whinges.

Wallabies = 21 years since a Bledisloe win so no news there.

Religion = has been hiding paedophiles for decades.

Property prices = has been dinner party conversation for decades.

So, whats the change in news these days??:cool:;)

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Humans are idiots. Always have been. Always will be. We basically hate each other and covert that which we can't have, on a very deep fundamental level.

We are kidding ourselves if we ever think we can exist on this planet in harmony. There are a thousand why, but the one, overwhelming factor, that can be attributed to every single aspect of human life is this ....

Greed: The Fatal Desire.

For those God fearing folk amongst us it’s one of the seven deadly sins. But even for the remainder of us, it’s an integral component of human nature, perching itself just above envy and gluttony on my own personal podium of transgression. Ladies and gentleman, I give you….Greed.
As individuals, social tribes and even nations we parade like a beautiful ostentation of peacocks, displaying the veil of materialism that we convince ourselves is a necessity to acceptance and belonging. In truth, all we are doing is fast tracking ourselves to the gateway of moral bankruptcy.
What drives this thirst for more? What is it’s impact on our personal sense of peace and the state of the world and is it a behaviour that can ever be unlearned? In this day and age, I fear not.

There are several theories as to why the human species might harbour greedy tendencies. Sheldon Solomon, a social psychologist believes that greed is a reaction to our inherent fear of death and that each new material possession represents a means of stalling this inevitability. As long as we need, we live. In this age of ego - where the needs of the individual ‘trump’ all else - our self-esteem is often defined by the things we own. And ironically viewed also as such by those we are waging the war of material elimination with.
In part, this instinct can ensure survival and achievement. But when our quest for more power, possessions and attention comes at the cost of others, this behaviour can cripple individual, communal and cultural relationships. The class divide widens, and an acceptable quality of life becomes unattainable for far too many citizens of the world. Sound familiar?

In reality, of course, money and possessions do not result in immortality. They are a temporary reward that can easily enslave us. Bigger, better, harder, faster is a train that once boarded, is hard to alight. The things that really matter, or at least we tell ourselves “really matter” - family, love, compassion, and harmony with our natural environment - transcend the notion of power and status. Or at least they should do. It is through them that we should and can achieve true peace and contentment.

The story of Plutus, the ancient Greek God of wealth and son of Demeter, Goddess of agriculture, should be lesson enough for most of us. For Plutus is also known as the ‘Demon of Wealth’, and was given the task of guarding the fourth circle of Hell - GREED - in Dante’s Inferno. Plutus refused to share his wealth with others, most notably his own brother, Philomenus, who had to make his living cultivating crops. And guess what? Plutus remained in Hell, guarding the “hoarders and wasters”, while Philomenus ended up in heaven, where the night sky reminds us of his fate with the constellation ‘the plough’. Now I don’t believe in heaven and hell, for the same reason no one believes in the Greek Gods anymore….because it’s pure nonsense, but what the Greeks did have going for them was possibly the greatest historical ‘wealth’ of philosophers of all time, dating back over nearly 3000 years and they knew even then, the evil of greed.
Think on.

I urge you all to raise firstly your view to the night sky and then your level of self-awareness and maybe consider a recalibration your priorities for the benefit of all.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
How has it changed from the past?

Middle East = same as past decades/centuries.

Inflation = causing headaches for everyone.

Fuel prices = always causing whinges.

Wallabies = 21 years since a Bledisloe win so no news there.

Religion = has been hiding paedophiles for decades.

Property prices = has been dinner party conversation for decades.

So, whats the change in news these days??:cool:;)
There is a pretty big spike in bad news at the moment, lot of suffering and a lot of vultures enabling it and cheering it on. Pretty fucking distasteful, to put it mildly.

Lucky I have a bunch of bikes to make my little corner of this existence manageable. :)