Little Things You Love

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It almost looked like it wanted to sprinkle here, for a moment. Back to sunshine now though.
It didn't last long here either. Seen it was sunny when I got up... woke 3am, back to bed at 9am, surfaced 4pm.
Hoping that's the jet-lag gone and pushed me into some level of nightshift mode, I can handle that :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This could come back to bite me but...got a long email with a longer email attached from work today. A big client has dropped a reasonable complaint about a bit of a fuck up at 2 big events held for them on the same night (~700ppl at first and ~500-550ppl at second, both with a strong local VIP aspect). Most of what they have had to say is quite reasonable/valid and I felt it was coming as they had already delivered some of this feedback to me. The only staff member named specifically in all of this is of course me - "Pink Poodle was amazing (as always)". I don't know how yet, but I am going to end up under a bus for this. I can just feel it. One of my crew has already fired a very defensive "them not us" reply to the boss and his boss which reads like a 5th grader trying to avoid detention.

and of course these guys have asked me to host their next big event...this weekend. Talk about putting on the pressure.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
This could come back to bite me but...got a long email with a longer email attached from work today. A big client has dropped a reasonable complaint about a bit of a fuck up at 2 big events held for them on the same night (~700ppl at first and ~500-550ppl at second, both with a strong local VIP aspect). Most of what they have had to say is quite reasonable/valid and I felt it was coming as they had already delivered some of this feedback to me. The only staff member named specifically in all of this is of course me - "Pink Poodle was amazing (as always)". I don't know how yet, but I am going to end up under a bus for this. I can just feel it. One of my crew has already fired a very defensive "them not us" reply to the boss and his boss which reads like a 5th grader trying to avoid detention.

and of course these guys have asked me to host their next big event...this weekend. Talk about putting on the pressure.
Yeah, probably right to have your spidey senses tingling there… And probably bugger all you can do to avoid others deflecting blame onto you, so I guess it’s jsut keep trucking on and being the adult in the room.

It’s doesn’t always avoid trouble, but at least you can look yourself in the mirror afterwards.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So I went and googled the collective for a group of monks, and it is a congratulation. You are a clever player.
And here was me thinking the correct answer was something ring...

Work colleagues can be shit. One of my first jobs as a grad engineer was to help out the Marketing dickwads produce a display machine for an agricultural show. A bare chassis that was fitted with the driveline was the centre piece and it looked pretty bland. So I got to work with one of the four fitters doing the display and replaced all the gearbox covers, sideplates and chassis access panels with perspex so you could see the gubbins. One of the points of difference to the competitors was the driveline and how it was fitted in so thought it was good to highlight that. Was a bit tedious because the sideplates held bearings for the various shafts. So we set about heating and rolling perspex, throwing it on the lathe or mill to machine it to take bearings and the final product looked brilliant. Fitted lighting inside so you could see everything and then set up a small motor to slowly spin it all. Was great. And I got well and truly reamed a few days before the show because the others I was working with spat the dummy and refused to do anything and without telling me they had any issues were continually complained to the boss that I was taking all the resources (!) and what the fitter and I were doing was making their work look like shit. Couple that with no one made any mention of budget and we spent probably double the allocated funds on perspex sheets. Then more on OT to make the panels and machine the bits etc etc. I was the lowest staffer in the mix and was supposed to know about the budget for a multi machine display. Yeah right. Anyway it won some award at the show and got rave comments about the driveline and quite a few sales followed with people saying they didn't understand the driveline until they saw it at the show. Thus that became the centrepiece for the next show as well.

Guess who got a pat on the back for a good job and great thinking? Yeah it wasn't me.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Oh credit thieves are all around us! Fuck those leeches...back in my (federal) public service days it was most prevalent. We had a "choose your own adventure" style live form for work requests. As you moved through the questions the form collected the relevant information for each job and skipped the non-relevant parts. The guy who built the form did a great job, but wasn't a great communicator so the manual as huge and hard to follow. I read his manual, condensed it from over 100 pages to 10 or so and neither he nor I got the credit. The career focussed executive (el1, regularly acting el2 for those that know the grades) that asked me to "help" with the manual earnt herself a lot of kudos for my manual.

Had another guy mooch a lot of whs stuff off me in regards to a project to roll out safer work practices. When I realised he was thieving without credit I started sending my reports using stills from dragon ball z.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Oh credit thieves are all around us! Fuck those leeches...back in my (federal) public service days it was most prevalent. We had a "choose your own adventure" style live form for work requests. As you moved through the questions the form collected the relevant information for each job and skipped the non-relevant parts. The guy who built the form did a great job, but wasn't a great communicator so the manual as huge and hard to follow. I read his manual, condensed it from over 100 pages to 10 or so and neither he nor I got the credit. The career focussed executive (el1, regularly acting el2 for those that know the grades) that asked me to "help" with the manual earnt herself a lot of kudos for my manual.

Had another guy mooch a lot of whs stuff off me in regards to a project to roll out safer work practices. When I realised he was thieving without credit I started sending my reports using stills from dragon ball z.
Yeah that tracks… Gotta love the APS.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah that tracks… Gotta love the APS.
Need to climb that ladder somehow. Developing knowledge, skills, and a track record of successful action sure isn't going to cut it!

My team was once given a meaningless award from the relevant commissioner for effectively turning up and doing our jobs. They were visiting our site and the site leaders wanted to make good with the visit so called for nominations. My team leader was pretty crafty with words so did the old bullshit baffles brains (big words where people normally expect small words) and next thing you know...I had the commissioner in a warm hug and dipped him for the camera. One of my proudest moments.

Now to sleep and decide how to approach the email tomorrow. Do I go with the brutal truth,but delivered in person because no way am I putting it in email? Let it blow over? Or just give a simple short response? Ultimately I wait for the blow back...this passes and when they think they have the moment the clowns that fucked up with come for me in the bus. The best part about all of this is that in the scheme of things this is all very small and inconsequential. And none of us are important or wield any great powers. Well except for me obviously. I am a fucking wizard.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

You misspelled feral.
My favourite from the same company was the newly appointed Canadian to American Production Manager. He was in a similar role in Canada and moved south to take over all the Americas.The previous incumbent left in a hurry. Assisted leaving if you follow. And the new guy started cold with only a monthly check list left behind by old mate. It had various dates and what reports had to go where. There was one titled monthly report to the Board. He didnt report directly to the Board. He tracked down past reports and the Board report was by far the biggest. It was essentially all the others put together. A real pain in the arse to compile. After a few months he noticed he never got any feedback or acknowledgement from the Board. His boss reported to the Board and knew nothing of the report but said you better keep sending it. The next month he included Mary had a little lamb in the middle of the text about threats to the company. Nothing. Next month he stuck a nudie pic in with the production photos. Nothing. The next month he bound 50 blanks pages behind the title page. Nothing. He didn't send it again.