Little Things You Love

scblack

Leucocholic
I am headed off to the Four Seasons at the Rocks for dinner again tonight.

Chinese Gala dinner sponsored by FINSIA.

I did not have time for the Sydney China Business Forum today, but wonder if there will be any Chinese G20 heavyweights dropping in from Brisbane?

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll just drop this here..... http://reviews.mtbr.com/moab-blm-bans-electric-bikes-on-non-motorized-trails

the crux of it, the BLM is like DSE/Parks here, and their view: " The Moab BLM has determined that motor assisted bicycles (electric, gas or diesel) are motorized vehicles. Use of motor assisted bicycles is only allowed on motorized trails. Please visit the motorized recreation pages for trail information. The use of motor assisted bicycles is NOT allowed on mountain bike trails."

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'll just drop this here..... http://reviews.mtbr.com/moab-blm-bans-electric-bikes-on-non-motorized-trails

the crux of it, the BLM is like DSE/Parks here, and their view: " The Moab BLM has determined that motor assisted bicycles (electric, gas or diesel) are motorized vehicles. Use of motor assisted bicycles is only allowed on motorized trails. Please visit the motorized recreation pages for trail information. The use of motor assisted bicycles is NOT allowed on mountain bike trails."
But I love my e-bike! Makes it so easy to get up the hills and at night I can really thrash the trails.

stirk

Burner
LTIL: Sitting in 'quiet' carriage of train this arvo and two guys who are on the local jail's revolving merry go round are sitting talking trash about breaking into joints, perving on girls, drugs, carrying on like a couple of idiots, you get the picture.

I love that it was a so called quiet carriage and not one person yelled at them to shut up but I've seen tough men tell (mostly women) to shut up if they break the 'rules'.

No tough men today with these rough jail birds talking loud.

I love that 'quite' carriage 'police' have standards that only apply to people they consider weaker than them. Fucking bullies.
Although there have been a couple of incidents lately where the quite carriage policeman has been physically attacked as a result of trying to shut people up.

I hate the quite carriages concept but sit in them on the way home as they are less crowded, but I love the shenanigans!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I love those carriages. When they are quiet. Was in one the other day and there was a bunch of transit office types conducting some surveys...noisely talking in the quiet carriage.

indica

Serial flasher
I love those carriages. When they are quiet. Was in one the other day and there was a bunch of transit office types conducting some surveys...noisely talking in the quiet carriage.
What the fuck?
A designated quiet carriage?
You guys live in weird places.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Shit yes! The rail authority have decided that there will be 2 out of 4 cars designated quiet. Its fucking paradise when it works. They have them in Japan. The locals take that shit seriously compared to here.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I had a similar experience on a quiet carriage this arvo...two blokes, one wearing nothing but a pair of tatty shorts (skin covered in tatts) and the other looking like he'd just been released from gaol.

Who wears nothing but a pair of tatty shorts on public transport?

The same bloke who you don't tell to shut up, lest there be an incident. Sometimes it's best to put the 'phones on & pretend it's not happening.

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
Shit yes! The rail authority have decided that there will be 2 out of 4 cars designated quiet. Its fucking paradise when it works. They have them in Japan. The locals take that shit seriously compared to here.
In Japan almost all carriages are reasonably quiet. It's extremely impolite to talk on trains there. Especially on the phone.

camoshop

Banned
I told a dude that fits that description the other night to shut the fucck I'm the quiet cariage nazi on my commutes haha told a guy to turn his music down tonight. :laser:

stirk

Burner
Sometimes I find the quite carriages noisier than the normal ones full of babies.

Poodle, those former ticket selling transit officers are just fucking with you. They spot a quite carriage 'policedog' start twitching at the slightest noise and make up some random survey just to make more noise and watch you squirm :)!!

Indica, you said it, designated quite carriages. No talking, no loud music blaring out of your ear phones, no interesting conversations to eaves drop on, mostly teenagers, which make you laugh, and grumpy old bugger telling people to shut up.

It's called public transport for a reason, don't like it drive a car you bunch of whinging quiet carriage 'police' wankers!!!

stirk

Burner
I told a dude that fits that description the other night to shut the fucck I'm the quiet cariage nazi on my commutes haha told a guy to turn his music down tonight. :laser:
Ha ha!!

People like you provide me with lot's of entertainment!!

I can see the vein on your forehead start to fill up with blood and start twitching the moment you hear some noise!!

Seriously though I don't care either way, I just want to get home safely, I just don't like that mostly old grumpy men yell at mostly women and that some altercations end up in violence which is not cool.

The original targets of these rules I think are teenagers with phones blasting out crap music and the kids that do that will do it anywhere regardless of rules cause they don't care about anything as they are mostly on drugs. Out my way they are anyway!!

camoshop

Banned
I think it's just the 5:30am wake ups and then yhe 30km drive then 2hour train trip builds up by Friday haha I love it when I get to Strathfield without anyone sitting next to me, even love it when some bitch wakes me up just before my alarm goes off to sit down next to me when there's a spare seat in front of me :mmph: