Little Things You Love

Bermshot

Banned
Aus giving India a hiding (at the moment)
Last time I infiltrated SCG I had to buy separate seats for my son and I. I said "no way boy, we'll find somewhere else." Thus we trundled peering into the bleaches and I spied a posse, nice, under the concrete, close to the bar and dunny. But before I realise we are in Indian territory! Next minute they're wearing an aussie cap, they have my boy wrapped in an Indian flag and Tandulkar is smacking us everywhere. But it doesn't stop there, at lunch i'm getting fed pakoras? My boy is hustling me for ice cream money so him and his new-found-mate can do the bolt, and due to Tandulkar smashing us, i'm getting fed more beer!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
That reminds me of the first time I took a bunch of Europeans to a rugby league grand final.

They were really keen and hyped going in there but as they sat down they all went quiet and became visibly uncomfortable. They weren't used to the supporters from opposing sides intermingling and sitting next to each other. I tried to convince them that it was safe but it was only 20 mins in to the first half before they settled down and stopped looking towards the exits.

Whilst I used to enjoy the half time punch-ons on the hill when I was a kid I'm still pretty proud of the way we don't go as stupid over sport as the Europeans and neither do we have dumb street riots after games like they do with college football in the US. We're not completely free of idiocy but it's barely comparable to the other countries.

Last edited:

Bermshot

Banned
That reminds me of the first time I took a bunch of Europeans to a rugby league grand final.

They were really keen and hyped going in there but as they sat down they all went quiet and became visibly uncomfortable. They weren't used to the supporters from opposing sides intermingling and sitting next to each other. I tried to convince them that it was safe but it was only 20 mins in to the first half before they settled down and stopped looking towards the exits.

Whilst I used to enjoy the half time punch-ons on the hill when I was a kid I'm still pretty proud of the way we don't go as stupid over sport as the Europeans and neither do we have dumb street riots after games like they do with college football in the US. We're not completely free of idiocy but it's barely comparable to the other countries.
Spot on man. Iv'e been to quite a few Rugby League games, even big screen State of O, wearing blue in Cairns, not to mention gathering for a formula 1 race at that joint, farrrk! But yeah all cool. There is something special about going to a test match though. I missed Warnies 500th, pissed and chasing a bit of fluff, we'd left and were down at the pub. It was raining but the lights came back on and the fella's took off back to Sydney Hallowed, all I ended up doing was roll down the hill into a train that went nowhere near where I wanted to.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm just proud to see there was nothing green there to slow you down Poodle..... bloody salads... :nono:
Salad? That's what my food eats.

Lots of seeds this morning though! Had to move that bad boy out like a 21 year old dole bludging bong smoking no hoper son in law.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Salad? That's what my food eats.

Lots of seeds this morning though! Had to move that bad boy out like a 21 year old dole bludging bong smoking no hoper son in law.

Lol. It looked worth the effort though...

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I've been blitzing the salads lately. After 3 months off the bike due to injury...., over Xmas....., whilst on a biccy, brownie, rocky road and choc-truffle making frenzy, I need to shave off a few KG........., I hit 105kg recently, never been so heavy in my life. So I'm on the salad trip and doing it in style.

My latest fav:

Baby spinach
Lebo cucumber and carrot shaved in to long thin strips with a vege peeler
pepper beef roast - rare - sliced thin
bean sprouts
coriander
one Thai chili chopped small with the seeds removed
lemon myrtle infused olive oil (sounds wanky but is awesome)
squeezed lime
light sprinkle of sesame oil (not too much or it over powers)
James Squires Hop Thief

Fucking spot on out on the balcony as the sun goes down on a summer evening.

But, I'm back on the bike and shedding flab at a good rate of knots. I have something with which to celebrate when I'm back in the swing of things that may just challenge those ribs up there ^^^^^ for the title.

binner

Hath shat hymself
Playing videos with my girls and them loving of monsters of men, the kinks, the clash, the Ramones, fishbone and spearhead......

That makes me very happy....

stirk

Burner
Cityrail have installed awnings at my local train station.

I love the nice tar work they did and especially love the down pipe drainage.
station awning.jpg