Little Things You Love

@flamin'trek its unlikely I would ever take my 13 weeks long service leave. My missus has just started a new job and whilst going surfing in Bali on my own for an extended period sounds tempting I think the reality would be different.

So I look at it more as part of my crash mat should I end up getting the boot, at least there is concessional tax treatment if you are made redundant.

Binaural

Eats Squid
That feeling when you've sorted out out a bunch of irritations on your bike in one go, and you are in that honeymoon period before the annoyances start to pile up again. Smooooth

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
That feeling when you've sorted out out a bunch of irritations on your bike in one go, and you are in that honeymoon period before the annoyances start to pile up again. Smooooth
Did you sort out your pf bb?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Binaural

Eats Squid
Did you sort out your pf bb?

No, but I eventually wimped out of buying single-sided Shimano pedals for the road commuter, and decided to just get new Speedplay Zeros. The BB still creaks when taking off, but it turns out that the pedals were contributors as well and the bike is fairly quiet when pedalling in rhythm. The old pedals were worn down to the point that the L and R moulded into the plastic had been rubbed flat, so I got good value out of them! Went for a 60km road ride on the old pacific highway early Saturday to fettle several changes, and the aural difference was night and day when grinding up some fairly lengthy hills.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Not looking forward to getting a BB installed with loctite 609 out of the shell though, even with the loosey goosey tolerances.

Oddjob

I have heard that nobody is your friend when it comes to removing these. The phrase "the seals started to smoke but I still couldn't get it out" has appeared more than once.
Hmm big ass easy out and rattle gun then?

I still can't get over the world of pain you've created for yourself with this bike. Pf bb, speedplay pedals, SRAM drivetrain. Next thing your going to tell me is that you have Mavic wheels.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
mavic rims are solid af. the hubs however........

Ltil, gained another half cm around my left calf and thigh. The gains are real, whoda thunk weighted squats/heal raisers would actually help rebuild muscle haha! Physio visits are down to one a week, and now I start up with the excercise physiologist tomorrow. Time to become a full time gym rat.

Also noticed a decrease in climbing times thanks to all the squats and core work. I'm actually quicker now post surgery up the hills than I was before my injury :eek: Still can't handle all the compressions riding fast dh brings, but getting there.

Oddjob

mavic rims are solid af. the hubs however........
I just can't get my head around this. I would have thoight the materials science for the rims would have been much harder than copying Hope or Dt for the hubs.

Good work on the PT as well. I suspect dh might be an unattainable dream. I bit like when you hit your mid 30s.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Good work on the PT as well. I suspect dh might be an unattainable dream. I bit like when you hit your mid 30s.
Surgeon and physio are both confident I'll get back to riding how I was pre surgery, I'm not the first rider they've worked on. Just need time, and maybe a rear end that actually absorbs square edges haha! Hoping my new found fitness will help me push a longer travel rig around.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Hmm big ass easy out and rattle gun then?

I still can't get over the world of pain you've created for yourself with this bike. Pf bb, speedplay pedals, SRAM drivetrain. Next thing your going to tell me is that you have Mavic wheels.

Truly, I was young and stupid when I ordered the PF BB. I do love the Speedplay pedals though, even though they are about as reliable as a Krokodil dealer. I admit I bought the Red cranks basically because they were light and I just liked how they looked, but at least it's now solid Shimano everywhere else.

The new wheels are DT swiss Onyx, which are just about the only fully black rims you can get if you are one of the half-starved holdouts still waiting for rim brakes to come back in style. The star clutch engagement mechanism is not nearly as loud as it used to be, but what I have found is that the braking surface absolutely thirsts for the blood of brake pads. And since the manufacturer only recommends Swissstop Blue pads at $30 a pop or you void the warranty, it's definitely not the most cost effective commuter option out there.