Little Things You Love

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're creating an unnecessary step in the process with all these rules!
True. There is no humanness in live trapping cats. It's traumatic for them when they go in the bucket.

Best cat trap in a semi urban environment is a box of .22 subsonics.

It should be illegal to sell cats in an un-neutered state. Cat owners are inheriantly lazy, otherwise they'd have a dog.
Reasons for live trapping is I don’t want to trap all the small natives running around ...if there’s any left

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Jesus fucking christ I hate the local cat owners in my street. Both neighbours have multiple cats, two of which Ihave become my buddies but thats besides the point, and refuse to take them in at night, and let them roam free at all times. I’ve spoken to both of them, however getting through to the russians with a language barrier is impossible, and the bitch on the other side just doesn’t giva a rats arse (they did have bunnies too, but all of em escaped into my backyard and ended up dogs lunch. Happy dog, sad kiddies next door).

This shit should be policed, we live in the bloody RNP ffs, and theres already fewer birds kicking around, and I haven’t seen my bearded dragons floating around the creeks anymore.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
I've been doing a bit of running of late. I tend to run in my lunch break. Today the weather is horrid where I am (freezing, windy, rainy). I do the usual run, up to a dead end road to a small car park which gets access into a bush reserve. I expect to see nobody up here today.
So there is a car in the car park with tinted windows. As I run past it is pretty clear whats going on in the car!
Anyway I run a loop in the bush (about 20 minutes) and head back towards the car park. I see the car is still there and the door is open. A & B are still going at it. I live in a smallish town but I don't recognise the butt pointing out the door. As I run past, for some unknown reason I yell 'good day for it'. As I continue, they scurry and close the door. 5 minutes later the car comes by and I give them a big wave. hehe

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
UL we are classed as rural residential and we have had more birds move in over the last year. Multiple sets of Whip birds and Bell birds and the usual suspects and at least 10 Curlews. I think it is the increase in housing density but I welcome the change as long as the wildlife isnt suffering. And my pair of Burmese do nor bother them. Usually it is the birds attacking the cats who are having a snooze to build up the energy for their big sleep later on.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I see the car is still there and the door is open. A & B are still going at it. I live in a smallish town but I don't recognise the butt pointing out the door. As I run past, for some unknown reason I yell 'good day for it'. As I continue, they scurry and close the door. 5 minutes later the car comes by and I give them a big wave. hehe
@Art Vanderlay could have hawked some latex products surely for said docking encounter to prevent swappage of genetic material. Almost a public service.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Our cat literally has no cajones, is a fan of food from the fridge, stays in all night and gets harassed regularly by native mynah birds who live in the park across the road and gang up on him most days. He is obviously isn't doing something right.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
And what are you doing taking him back in at night? Roughing it for abit might teach him a thing or two on how to cat.

Damn owners being responsible I tells ya, if you were all like that I wouldn’t be able to pick up dead rainbow lorikeet remains from the front yard.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Our cat literally has no cajones, is a fan of food from the fridge, stays in all night and gets harassed regularly by native mynah birds who live in the park across the road and gang up on him most days. He is obviously isn't doing something right.
My wife's ragdoll is happy if he catches a moth, let alone a bird!
Can't jump, can't climb and is generally anti-social......he is defective

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
And what are you doing taking him back in at night? Roughing it for abit might teach him a thing or two on how to cat.

Damn owners being responsible I tells ya, if you were all like that I wouldn’t be able to pick up dead rainbow lorikeet remains from the front yard.
We try not to feed him after 1pm so the furry walking stomach with legs is eager for a feed by 4pm-5pm which is also his curfew. He is used to it now. He does his morning patrols and gets into occasional punch ups with neighbouring kitties, namely Mitten's lately who lives behind us. No one trusts Mittens.

I have to chase him around at dusk occasionally shaking the bag o' chicken liver treats under advice of Mr's Crudley who is sure he will never come home if he gets a taste of darkness. The things I get coaxed into doing in the name of cat.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
My wife's ragdoll is happy if he catches a moth, let alone a bird!
Can't jump, can't climb and is generally anti-social......he is defective
The Hooter tries to catch Dragonflies but those guys haven't had such a successful run for millions of years from being caught easily. He could climb damn well but it is only the occasional effort now. He prefers to sit inside and survey his world from the comfort of a window.

It really wouldn't be too bad being a cat in a good house. They just don't give a damn and get everything.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
We try not to feed him after 1pm so the furry walking stomach with legs is eager for a feed by 4pm-5pm which is also his curfew. He is used to it now. He does his morning patrols and gets into occasional punch ups with neighbouring kitties, namely Mitten's lately who lives behind us. No one trusts Mittens.

I have to chase him around at dusk occasionally shaking the bag o' chicken liver treats under advice of Mr's Crudley who is sure he will never come home if he gets a taste of darkness. The things I get coaxed into doing in the name of cat.
We try the same with ours, but he generally cracks the shits and with three boys under 11 it's damn near impossible to keep him inside. I normally let him in somewhere between three and five am when I get up for work.

Having said that he's currently snoring on the sofa having discovered the fire for the first time this season.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
We try the same with ours, but he generally cracks the shits and with three boys under 11 it's damn near impossible to keep him inside. I normally let him in somewhere between three and five am when I get up for work.

Having said that he's currently snoring on the sofa having discovered the fire for the first time this season.
There is always that risk that he will get all hungry and chase things to eat in the afternoon. We have to count on his laziness. I let him out early too.

Ours pushes in front of you and slowly tries to move you out of the way when the heater is on. Damn cat.........

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
There is always that risk that he will get all hungry and chase things to eat in the afternoon. We have to count on his laziness. I let him out early too.

Ours pushes in front of you and slowly tries to move you out of the way when the heater is on. Damn cat.........
He's a brilliant mouse catcher, but he doesn't eat the little bastards, leaves them for the ants.

I have rescued a couple of Bearded Dragons from him, unfortunately, but he leaves our chooks and ducks alone.

Z

Zaf

I remembered today (sorry if I'm late to the party on this one) that the # symbol is commonly known as "pound".
LTIL - The genius that thought using #MeToo to bring attention to sexual harassment and assault was a good idea.

(Just as a general rule, this works with a fair few hashtags and makes Instagram a better place to visit also.)