Little Things You Love

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I hate to say it, but you guys are so insulated from the effects of these crimes it's not funny. You go live in the same town as him, and go speak to the victims (plural) of his crimes, or had to review the discharge summaries for the assaults that happen (not just by him, but by all the young violent offenders) and you won't be so quick with that response.

Property crime alone in Alice Springs doubled between 2017 and 2018. Businesses have closed because they can't afford to keep fixing the property they operate in because they'll punch down a window one night, out of custody the following morning and have a known ingress so go back and hit the place again.

That's not even counting just the straight up destructive stuff. Like what happened at the Banff Film Festival last year, where a group ran through the parking lot and trashed, spray painted and ransacked all the cars in the parking lot, or when the larger car dealership had another group of kids run through and just start smashing windows of cars in the lot.

Four Corners assisted him in escaping justice, and the only saving grace is that his nature will self resolve the issue, just at cost of another tally to the victim counter he has running.
Clearly the NT Government and its education system, health system, justice system and prison system where patently inadequate at managing the young Voller and aiding and abetting his proper rehabilitation into mainstream society...

...4 Corners simply pointed it out.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Clearly the NT Government and its education system, health system, justice system and prison system where patently inadequate at managing the young Voller and aiding and abetting his proper rehabilitation into mainstream society...

No, they should just be allowed to punch fuck out of kids.

Ultra Lord

Jesus Christ, here we go again.

Guess what, you can not want violent offenders walking the streets, and still be of the opinion punching children is wrong. These are not conflicting opinions. But no, it doesn't immediately fall into line with your expected, predefined definition of what is right and wrong, and in your inability to deal with a different opinion, you go on and attribute some idiotic rational that's easier for you to ridicule than what has actually been said. It's fucking tiring, having to constantly explain myself out of opinions I have never stated but exist purely because your single threaded brains can't manage a multifaceted problem.

Egregious errors were made in the Don Dale facility. Using someone like Dylan Voller, who did everything in his power to land himself in that very place, as a poster boy for someone who was extremely hard done by was irresponsible. The closing of the facility, without an alternative, and the turning lose of violent young offenders has also had a somewhat tangible effect on the communities they have been released back into.
Grab ya guns and go rambo on their arses.

Just Imagine how many groupies you’ll have lining up for you

Binaural

Eats Squid
Four Corners assisted him in escaping justice, and the only saving grace is that his nature will self resolve the issue, just at cost of another tally to the victim counter he has running.
I don't think you meant to imply that it's fine to mistreat juveniles as a means to cut crime, but it's the logical extension of what you said. This guy may be quite the shitheel, but the reason he got off lightly that time is because the government didn't think it had to abide by the rules it set.

. It's fucking tiring, having to constantly explain myself out of opinions I have never stated but exist purely because your single threaded brains can't manage a multifaceted problem.
I appreciate your general willingness to get stuck in and argue your point of view - it's genuinely more fun for me to debate people I disagree with those I do, and I don't take it personally. But really, your issues here are with how the NT government have managed the matter. They could have redistributed those young offenders, opened a new facility elsewhere, or launched some programs to manage crime in that area. Looking away while government employees beat and abuse juveniles doesn't help anything other than provide a comforting feeling of "they got what was coming to them".

scblack

Leucocholic

...Or he is just a piece of shit, and would not have rehabilitated anyway. He was in the place because he was a very naughty boy in the first place.

Ultra Lord

You really have no clue, do you?
Let me try and explain it to you. There are elements of this town that are straight up apartheid in nature. One of the better known local taverns has the "animal bar" in which blacks can go be served and separated off from the general populace. There are redneck elements to the town that are barely kept in check from vigilante action, the police are powerless to enforce the law (at least in any meaningful way) against the crime that is rampant in the town; there are international travel warnings against the town because of the violent crimes here. We have patients that can't leave their houses to come to the clinic because of a legitimate fear of "revenge killings" (pretty much exactly as it sounds between different families in town).

It's not a joke. It's not okay to just say "he likes punching kids" because one known scumbag finally seems to be getting the justice he managed to slip out from under while you all sat back, completely away from the effects of his actions and say "oh he was hard done by, he hard a hard life, the system failed him." We're one "break in gone wrong" from some really ugly things sparking off, and a lot people who have not reaped any such charges are going to be the ones that'll suffer if that ever happens.

It's not clean cut, it's not even close to it.

@Binaural I wrote something really angry then read your second paragraph properly...ended up deleting it all. Trust me, it's better this way.

This is a classic example of cutting down every law to get to the devil, and not having anything to hide behind when he turns to face you.

• Haha
Reactions: Zaf

Ultra Lord

Well shit...there's no coming back from that. Little on edge this week, not my usual self, working through some stuff.
I'll go put my toys back in the cot.

Sorry guys, went full tetanus earlier and got this mad.
It was a cheap shot, but fuck I laughed while typing it.
I knew somethin was brewing cause you weren’t replying quickly ahaha.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Well shit...there's no coming back from that. Little on edge this week, not my usual self, working through some stuff.

At least you're getting some good core and glutes training in.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

You can't move soon enough.

I had a similar discussion with a mate who lives in Dubbo over the weekend.

The way I see it Voller and most of his mates/relatives are statistically fucked from birth. That doesn't make what he does ok, but we should reserve some empathy for him. No one wins when indigenous Australia dies young, poor and too often in jail.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk