London Riots

'Ross

Eats Squid
Looks like a big deal.

Didn't realise there was that much discontent in society over there, find the whole thing a little bit fascinating.

Couldn't imagine a similar situation here ever though.

Matt H

Eats Squid
It seems pretty hectic - most of it from the videos I've seen is just a bunch of braindead chavs exploiting the situation and looting.

My sister lives in clapham south, but luckily she's on holiday at the moment. Her housemates saw looters running through the streets though.

Matt H

Eats Squid
The correlation is probably socio-economic, not racial. Explains why its both the chav and "black" areas getting involved.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah your right:tape:

I always thought chav was a pruely white subculture though. Although I've never actually been into contact with one so I have NFI.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
[video=youtube;ITJcparImeQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITJcparImeQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]
that was kinda inspirational ... actually sent tingles up me neck ... need more people like that IMO ... although ... ugliest sounding woman I've ever heard :p

Matt H

Eats Squid
So I was wrong... this is the message that was circulated on blackberry phones.

Everyone from all sides of London meet up at the heart of London (central) OXFORD CIRCUS!!, Bare SHOPS are gonna get smashed up so come get some (free stuff!!!) fuck the feds we will send them back with OUR riot! >:O
Dead the ends and colour war for now so
if you see a brother... SALUT!
if you see a fed... SHOOT!
We need more MAN then feds so Everyone run wild, all of london and others are invited! Pure terror and havoc & Free stuff....just smash shop windows and cart out da stuff u want! Oxford Circus!!!!! 9pm, we don't need pussyhole feds to run the streets and put our brothers in jail so tool up,
its a free world so have fun running wild shopping;)
Oxford Circus 9pm if u see a fed stopping a brother JUMP IN!!! EVERYONE JUMP IN Successful Black Man will be lurking about, all blacked out we strike at 9:15pm-9:30pm, make sure ur there see you there. REMEMBA DA LOCATION!!! OXFORD CIRCUS!!!
MUST REBROADCAST TO ALL CONTACTS!!!"

'Ross

Eats Squid
ugliest sounding woman I've ever heard :p
Thats one of my favourite British accents actually, don't find it sexy though haha.

Best quote on the news, something along the lines of 'we all out here smashing cars and burning shit, INNIT!'

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like a big deal.

Didn't realise there was that much discontent in society over there, find the whole thing a little bit fascinating.

Couldn't imagine a similar situation here ever though.
FFS they have to put up with having a Royal Family!

jayjay3032

Likes Bikes
I love an uprising. Nothing like a bit of smashing the state to keep a government in check, but this just seems like pointless looting.

I'll be there in 11 days, wonder what the state of affairs will be then...

morganb4

Likes Bikes
It seems pretty hectic - most of it from the videos I've seen is just a bunch of braindead chavs exploiting the situation and looting.
This is basically it, an episode of civil disobedience on a small but dispersed scale. Its nothing like the 80's. If you want the facts go to BBC.co.uk. The Australian reporting would have you believe that the UK is descending into lawlessness and other total bollocks. Its not.