VIC Lysterfield Park

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Between forums, facebook and strava its pretty hard to keep anything quiet these days. All one needs to do is explore strava to see every official and every illegal trail ridden in the area of choice.

I had the same thought Duane when i saw the video here but again in this day and age what can you do. The youtube user should have known better.

Travis.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's an unofficial trail that has been around along time and enjoyed by many that managed not to advertise it by posting videos and maps. Best you ride it soon because thanks to advertising like this it's bound to be closed soon. :(
I have never seen Parks over that side of the road

I'd be surprised it gets closed

I'll delete my map

UL7R4

Squid

I'll delete my map
Parks Tried to close ( if you call it that ) it by laying logs all the way down every meter or so .. took 4 of us an Hour to clear....

Thank you for the map delete.

And yes I dig there..

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

I'll delete my map
Rode there last week and work was being done one one of the fire trails, not by Parks but obviously Parks organised.

If Parks want to close non sanctioned trails all they have to do is look at Strava heat maps. Ain't hard.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Looking at the Strava segments with over 200 people on the leaderboards, I'd say the cat is well and truly out of the bag.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode there last week and work was being done one one of the fire trails, not by Parks but obviously Parks organised.

If Parks want to close non sanctioned trails all they have to do is look at Strava heat maps. Ain't hard.
It happens when they get advertised alot and less experienced riders start riding them and hurting themselves. The tracks are often turned a blind eye to. Parks know about them, they are not blind.
It's more once the gumbys finds them, crash and Ambulances are required, Parks are forced to do something.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
It happens when they get advertised alot and less experienced riders start riding them and hurting themselves. The tracks are often turned a blind eye to. Parks know about them, they are not blind.
It's more once the gumbys finds them, crash and Ambulances are required, Parks are forced to do something.
Stupid gumbys, ruining it for everyone ;)

If I crash when I find that trail I'll drag my broken self over to the other side of Wellington road and then call an ambulance. While in hospital, I'll delete my ride from Strava.

slowmick

38-39"
Stupid gumbys, ruining it for everyone ;)

If I crash when I find that trail I'll drag my broken self over to the other side of Wellington road and then call an ambulance. While in hospital, I'll delete my ride from Strava.
thank you for your consideration Nautonier.

It amazes me how little notice people take of the trail signs at Lysterfield. An inexperienced skier wouldn't charge off down a black run but put them on a bike and it come "hey, how hard can it be - it's only riding a bike. I'll take my hybrid down aneurysm and see how i go..."

Nautonier

Eats Squid
It amazes me how little notice people take of the trail signs at Lysterfield. An inexperienced skier wouldn't charge off down a black run but put them on a bike and it come "hey, how hard can it be - it's only riding a bike. I'll take my hybrid down aneurysm and see how i go..."
Not only that, they'll take their hybrid down Aneurysm and attempt the jumps and drops. For some reason this scenario is rife at Lysterfield, I've not seen it anywhere else to this extent. I think a lot of people have the perception that Lysterfield isn't a 'serious' bike park. A good bike park should have trails for riders of all ability, but usually there is healthy respect for black runs. Perhaps people think all the trails are easy because it's relatively flat? Or they just see so many other gumbys riding inappropriate bikes that they think it's normal...

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
thank you for your consideration Nautonier.

This is frustrating and the result of the culture of irresponsibility we live in.

People are no longer responsible for their own actions and expect the world around them to keep them safe.

Anyway, hope those trails are around in a couple months when I am allowed to go riding again. The look quite fun:(

Zam

Likes Dirt
Yeah after seeing that, i am thinking venturing across the road for a little exploring just to check it out.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Yeah after seeing that, i am thinking venturing across the road for a little exploring just to check it out.
Hoping to get there Saturday during daylight, it's a little too far from home and a little too steep for a first attempt in the dark.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Not only that, they'll take their hybrid down Aneurysm and attempt the jumps and drops. For some reason this scenario is rife at Lysterfield, I've not seen it anywhere else to this extent. I think a lot of people have the perception that Lysterfield isn't a 'serious' bike park. A good bike park should have trails for riders of all ability, but usually there is healthy respect for black runs. Perhaps people think all the trails are easy because it's relatively flat? Or they just see so many other gumbys riding inappropriate bikes that they think it's normal...
I've noticed the same thing, they should put a black diamond worthy feature at the start of the track to scare people off with no B line - make it really obvious, probably still wouldn't work.

To be fair black, runs at lysterfeild are an easy blue to green any where else, I'd be happy to ride my road bike down aneurysm, but I also wont be hitting jumps sitting down like 50% of the hacks I see at lysty.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've noticed the same thing, they should put a black diamond worthy feature at the start of the track to scare people off with no B line - make it really obvious, probably still wouldn't work.

To be fair black, runs at lysterfeild are an easy blue to green any where else, I'd be happy to ride my road bike down aneurysm, but I also wont be hitting jumps sitting down like 50% of the hacks I see at lysty.
My 10 yr old has ridden everything but the granite link (only because I said no) at Lysterfield without crashing. I agree that everything is quite tame, still people manage to have big crashes but worse is the knee jerk reaction of the authorities that tear down features. It doesn't appear to happen elsewhere.

slowmick

38-39"

you'd almost need to fence the track to make the features compulsory. last week while having a lie down at the top of Aneurysm we watched a group of rider b line to the left of the 3 drops at the start and proceed through the trees at less than walking pace. Caught them further down the track where they had stopped in the middle of the track for a rest. When I asked if they were ok they said "Awesome track isn't it..."

Zam

Likes Dirt
Yeah happens all the time, people just dont read the signs and think its just riding a bike what could go wrong, then when they ride beyond their limits or capabilities of the bike and crash or injure themselves blame everyone else

Koper25

Likes Dirt
Haha that I'd like to see. Just make sure you wear full lycra when you do it. And no CX wheels/tyres, just plain old 23c road tyres with zero tread.
If there's guys riding MTB trails on roller blades I don't think he'd have a problem riding Aneurysm on a roadie lol.
[video=youtube;4UM3i_qAoSU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UM3i_qAoSU[/video]