VIC Lysterfield Park

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
There were fires in birds land and nth lystie the other day, I don't think they were planned
most definitely not planned, 13 appliances on scene I think, contained to about a hectare. had some potential to be nasty if there was a bit more wind!

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Looks like the trail crew at Lysty did some pretty significant work this weekend.

Here are some pictures I pinched from their FB page.

Looks like the new top section should be a bit of flowy fun.

Still not re-opened at this stage based on what I read, but definitely looking forward to reports/videos/reviews.

Last edited:

latheboy

Likes Dirt
I wonder how long it'll take for the strava line to appear through those berms....

Looks like a fun new addition

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wonder how long it'll take for the strava line to appear through those berms....

Looks like a fun new addition
Haha. Good thing about that trail, you can throw Strava times in the bin as it's parallel to a road and so easy for stravasholes to cheat it's a waist of effort. Just ride for fun. Some Strava devotes may find it a negative but I think it's a positive. Besides the trail is always changing and evolving that it doesn't matter. I agree though, there will still be dickheads who fail to grasp the concept of riding the trail and will create shortcuts to stroke their egos.

Zam

Likes Dirt
going to have to give this another crack, been ages it seems since i had a run or two down there...

teK--

Eats Squid
Haha. Good thing about that trail, you can throw Strava times in the bin as it's parallel to a road and so easy for stravasholes to cheat it's a waist of effort. Just ride for fun. Some Strava devotes may find it a negative but I think it's a positive. Besides the trail is always changing and evolving that it doesn't matter. I agree though, there will still be dickheads who fail to grasp the concept of riding the trail and will create shortcuts to stroke their egos.
This. That track changes so much that times mean nothing if they are from someone else or from several months ago.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
This. That track changes so much that times mean nothing if they are from someone else or from several months ago.
Yep so true. I've been out for a few months and felt like I was ridign a new track at times. In particular that left hand turn berm/jump thing around middle track was a blast and i had to double take if I had gone the wrong way. Also dog pound is much much faster now than before it was revamped albeit much easier to ride.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Aneurysm's as closed as a track gets, don't bother riding up the hill, it'll only result in disappointment. Also follow me was closed yesterday for fire prevention works, felt a bit silly on the intense!

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
Trailbuilder in chief is heading out there in the next couple of days to see what else needs to be done and will make a decision about reopening after that. This rain will help!

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
I've always found Aneurysm to be too flat and pedally, particularly the last 70%. That kind of trail just needs a little bit more slope to it. ............but I'm most probably doing it all wrong :baby:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I've always found Aneurysm to be too flat and pedally, particularly the last 70%. That kind of trail just needs a little bit more slope to it. ............but I'm most probably doing it all wrong :baby:
I find it just right. Coasting is cruisy ride down, if you want more speed, it doesn't take a lot of pedalling - or you could just sticky tape the brake and not use it! Carry that speed through!

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
I agree. I little more slope would be awesome as it would allow more coasting. Though that could be because I'm rather unfit so for the first 10% I am hammering... the next 15% percent I'm pushing to keep up speed and after that I am just coasting and really struggling for speed. Then the last 10% has just enough slope and features so I am back up to speed. :)