Mac Questions Thread. I killed my Mac today....

indica

Serial flasher
I want to go wireless ... have an old G5 with no airport card ... what is the cheapest way?
USB wifi adapter???

indica

Serial flasher
Most pages are fine, got linked to www.orsm.net and their vids wouldn't display. Not being able to see orsm is a non-issue, but it does happen on other pages, just can't remember off the top of my head.
NSFW ....
:eek:

If you find a clean example, let me know so I can post on STC .... someone there can help ...

Steve's_Sky1

Likes Dirt
i don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but,

is it possible with a New iMac either 20" or 24" able to run a secondary display/screen???

like you can use the orignal and secondary at the same time, i know it's possible with the macbook

my questions - is there a hotkey for navigating forwards and backwards through webpages in firefox (osx leopard)...?!
and
is there a hotkey for navigating through tabs in firefox?! (I know command+` navigates through windows of the same program...what about tabs?!!?)

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
my questions - is there a hotkey for navigating forwards and backwards through webpages in firefox (osx leopard)...?!
and
is there a hotkey for navigating through tabs in firefox?! (I know command+` navigates through windows of the same program...what about tabs?!!?)
Im sorry I cant help you, look in the program there may be a shortcuts help article somewhere.............Now why are you using firefox in OSX? Download Safari 4.0 BETA, it's dam good and I havent had any problems with it at all

tu plang

knob
IS that just with the new iMac's I have a 1-2 year old G5 iMac I think, is it possible to do it with that??
Have a look on the back near the ethernet port. The mini-DVI port is about the same size and the symbol is a square with a line on either side

like gnaa:

|◻|

I'm running a second 20" display atm actually (though mine is an intel imac)

indica

Serial flasher
My G5 has a dual output graphics card - I have a 17" and a 32" running side by side ... it is awesome.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok well I have that port that tuplang said... do I have to have a Mac based screen to plug into it or can I have any other one? I am such a noob at mac's haha!

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok sweet, and what cable is it that I will need to buy? a Mini-DVI cable or something like that? when I plug a new screen in will it automatically come up with install/setup options or?

indica

Serial flasher
What does the monitor take? VGA?
You will need an adapter, best get an Apple one - Dick Smith sell them and then whatever your monitor needs ...

Now why are you using firefox in OSX? Download Safari 4.0 BETA, it's dam good and I havent had any problems with it at all
:) Safari is faster (thankfully the latest firefox release has closed the gap a little!) but, I'm under the impression that firefox is a 'safer' browser than safari...?! (this is my reasoning for using firefox)

s_govers01

Likes Dirt
here is a question for all of you rotorburnians.
i work at mcdonalds and we have a computer site called "Metime" which we long onto to check our rosters and payslips etc.
my problem is this.
with my payslips, i click on the link which downloads them automatically, and it downloads it as .cfm, and i was just wondering if you can change the format of it somehow so that i can view it on iphoto or preview etc. any help would be appreciated.
Cheers Scott

Last edited:

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
:) Safari is faster (thankfully the latest firefox release has closed the gap a little!) but, I'm under the impression that firefox is a 'safer' browser than safari...?! (this is my reasoning for using firefox)
That and Safari was doing weird things in Facebook for me, wasn't clicking links etc. Apparently a few other people have had the problem.