Mac Questions Thread. I killed my Mac today....

fattyandthepiemakers

I ride an STP
This is a question for the oldschool gaming nerds but I want to play Simtower/Yoottower REALLY badly. I've been searching all night for a place to download it from with no luck. Perhaps I can run it on Dosbox, whatever, I just want to find a legit copy and play the fucker.

s_govers01

Likes Dirt
[wombat edit: read the rules, soliciting pirated software is not on for these forums]

Last edited by a moderator:

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys, hope you can help me with a newbie question that i couldnt find answered yet in this thread...--

is there supposed to be a right click ability on a trackpad on a macbook? i cant work it out, system preferences has nothing on it that i can find, but it really is needed for using this new little toy.

running osx 10 4 11 (if that means anything)

i did have a mouse connected but it isnt working any more, so reallly should just go buy another one. but until then...

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys, hope you can help me with a newbie question that i couldnt find answered yet in this thread...--

is there supposed to be a right click ability on a trackpad on a macbook? i cant work it out, system preferences has nothing on it that i can find, but it really is needed for using this new little toy.

running osx 10 4 11 (if that means anything)

i did have a mouse connected but it isnt working any more, so reallly should just go buy another one. but until then...
Control + Click.. ?

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do the older Macs i.e 10.4.x have two finger right clicking?
Hmm. Our current mouse has a right click but it isn't the one purchased with the computer. Oddly enough my right click doesn't work for gaming and im forced to use the button beside the spacebar + left click.

Try and grab a mouse that has left and right click seperated (with the line down the middle, if that makes sense?). My currents one an absolute pain!

I guess to answer your question...yes right click does seem to work on older macs.

EDIT: After a further read through of the previous page im pretty sure my response its near useless. But i'll leave it here just incase. :)

Last edited:

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
L.P., if you have 2 finger scrolling, you should also have 2 finger clicking. I can't remember if you have to turn it on anywhere, but try placing two fingers on the trackpad and clicking the button (same as control + click)

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
L.P., if you have 2 finger scrolling, you should also have 2 finger clicking. I can't remember if you have to turn it on anywhere, but try placing to fingers on the trackpad and clicking the button (same as control + click)
Actually, only newer Macs do that. My recent MB Pro running 10.5 does it, but my old PBook running 10.4 has two finger scrolling but not clicking.

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, two finger clicking sounds pretty useful, a lot better than reaching for the ctrl key. but nah, this one doesnt do it, its a few years old.

wootown

Likes Dirt
Mac

is there some sort of program i can download for my new imac 24 inch to make programs full screen without having to drag them all the time
cheers

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just got a 500gb external hard drive. Im in the process of transferring all my music over to the external. When i download more songs will itunes place them into the itunes music folder on my original hard drive? If so is there anyway i can re-route it so the files get put into the itunes folder in the external hard drive?