Man Space / Bike Shed Layout

Delazy

Got a new bike!
That looks promising, in some photos (https://shedblog.com.au/buy-retroseal-superseal/) the part that goes in the corrugation appears to be plastic clip on, would pay to check it out. If it's run of the mill plastic my ratties would prob go through it eventually. FWIW they also come in through the gaps where the roof meets the sides.
it depends on the profile which product you end up using...

the clip on plastic stuff is a one way ratchet kind of lock and pretty solid from the various videos i found (with great difficulty i might add)...

if you had big ass rats to be concerned about im pretty sure i saw they offered a pressed steel alternative but it was $$$$$

binner

Hath shat hymself
snifter

but it is a aldi bike stand..... sweet set up man....... you need a cigar lounge chair and a bookcase :thumb:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Heaps of lak in there, actually, although I tend to avoid it as it's so unreliable. Book case and armchair is inside. The workshop is a beer space - will start brewing next week.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Longneck of Coopers open put nothing poured, talk of homebrew - suspicion aroused (there must be some sort of watchlist for people like you)

binner

Hath shat hymself
pump up tha jam

Heaps of lak in there, actually, although I tend to avoid it as it's so unreliable. Book case and armchair is inside. The workshop is a beer space - will start brewing next week.
ahhh yes, on closer inspection ( zooming in is always helpful with old eyes) ...are you buying in bulk at retail?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The floral rug just sets the scene for me.

Well done. The next big challenge will be trying to get you out of there.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Apart from the Rusto 2X most of it seems to be 'lak
It's actually a hugely wide mix of monts, zenith, monster, yard master, alien, 94, rusto, tanq, (heaps of) export, you name it, its there other than Belton (not that rich and I don't rack).

The floral rug just sets the scene for me.

Well done. The next big challenge will be trying to get you out of there.

Ties the room together one might say.

Been well over 10 years since I've had a proper workshop, can't tell you the feeling of both satisfaction and anticipation that I feel all at once when I walk through the door.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
And then barricade the door behind you :) It is fine rug and pay no attention to me. Enjoy your new digs.

scblack

Leucocholic
It's actually a hugely wide mix of monts, zenith, monster, yard master, alien, 94, rusto, tanq, (heaps of) export, you name it, its there other than Belton (not that rich and I don't rack).

Ties the room together one might say.

Been well over 10 years since I've had a proper workshop, can't tell you the feeling of both satisfaction and anticipation that I feel all at once when I walk through the door.
Great stuff, Johnny!

Your own shed/garage is a great space to have and you have an awesome setup there.

I'm still brewing too, using kegs these days not bottles. We'll have to swap some recipes etc. And beer!

stirk

Burner
I had a typical visit to the hardware when you go in to buy one thing and leave with another.

So I went into the hardware to get a tool chest, the type with drawers. I was looking at kingchrome and sidchrome ones and can't decide what to get or if I even need one at all. So went to look at steel shelves which I do need, they had one last set at 1.9m wide but it was too heavy for me to man handle out of the car and with the wife not home I leave that for another day.

I then walked past a big piece of plywood and thought while not hardwood it'd make a nice bench top. Then I spied a range of shelving bits you mix and match to make what you want, a modular system with draws and peg boards, and it happens to be as wide as that nice plywood 600mm. The actual MDF that the mix and match brand sells measures 595mm so the ply would fit nice and snug in the frame where the MDF would move a little. It worked out well and not too expensive. I did need to cut a section off the plywood which was 2250mm long so some work is required to finish the job. If I didn't get the lower shelf beams it would have only cost $151. Lower beams I got for added strength and an the off floor shelf.

All the shelf parts can be bolted to the leg frames and the legs dynabolted into the floor to make a study bench that won't move.

Pretty happy with it and thought I'd share incase anyone else is also looking for a cheap work bench.

IMG_20170908_160046591-1336x752.jpg

IMG_20170908_180044-1017x751.jpg

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I had a typical visit to the hardware when you go in to buy one thing and leave with another.

So I went into the hardware to get a tool chest, the type with drawers. I was looking at kingchrome and sidchrome ones and can't decide what to get or if I even need one at all. So went to look at steel shelves which I do need, they had one last set at 1.9m wide but it was too heavy for me to man handle out of the car and with the wife not home I leave that for another day.

I then walked past a big piece of plywood and thought while not hardwood it'd make a nice bench top. Then I spied a range of shelving bits you mix and match to make what you want, a modular system with draws and peg boards, and it happens to be as wide as that nice plywood 600mm. The actual MDF that the mix and match brand sells measures 595mm so the ply would fit nice and snug in the frame where the MDF would move a little. It worked out well and not too expensive. I did need to cut a section off the plywood which was 2250mm long so some work is required to finish the job. If I didn't get the lower shelf beams it would have only cost $151. Lower beams I got for added strength and an the off floor shelf.

All the shelf parts can be bolted to the leg frames and the legs dynabolted into the floor to make a study bench that won't move.

Pretty happy with it and thought I'd share incase anyone else is also looking for a cheap work bench.

View attachment 339958

View attachment 339959
The concrete floor sealed up nicely

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar

View attachment 339958

View attachment 339959
Nice bench!
I'm thinking similar (or I might weld it up from angle), but I'll need the bench top to be steel....if I can find enough mates to lift it!

As for the tool boxes & roll cabs, these are the ducks nuts. https://www.justprotools.com.au/
I've seen one of their roll cabs in the real & it's very good quality. They add a second roller hinge to the lower (deeper) draws which really helps longevity. And the paint/finish is solid.

We get KingChrome stuff forced on us at work....I wouldn't use it for rust at home.

stirk

Burner
Nice bench!
I'm thinking similar (or I might weld it up from angle), but I'll need the bench top to be steel....if I can find enough mates to lift it!

As for the tool boxes & roll cabs, these are the ducks nuts. https://www.justprotools.com.au/
I've seen one of their roll cabs in the real & it's very good quality. They add a second roller hinge to the lower (deeper) draws which really helps longevity. And the paint/finish is solid.

We get KingChrome stuff forced on us at work....I wouldn't use it for rust at home.
I picked up a maxim tool chest from justprotools on Friday. Lucky for me they are just down the road in the riff so I could have a look and test it. Bloody awesome built like a tank and great quality. Thanks for the tip! Edit, better than all others I had a look at.

IMG_20171028_180854-977x751.jpg

Also picked up some corrogated infill foam to finally seal the shed and used some packaging foam from the chest to seal the floor. Got storage... 2 1.5m X 2m steel shelves for a hungy each, good quality.

IMG_20171028_161038820-751x1335.jpg

IMG_20171028_182113-1048x377.jpg

Some steel for the bench too and a bent spoke beer to celebrate a hard afternoon of work.

IMG_20171028_180555130-1336x752.jpg

IMG_20171028_180919-750x996.jpg

Last edited:

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I picked up a maxim tool chest from justprotools on Friday. Lucky for me they are just down the road in the riff so I could have a look and test it. Bloody awesome built like a tank and great quality. Thanks for the tip! Edit, better than all others I had a look at.

Also picked up some corrogated infill foam to finally seal the shed and used some packaging foam from the chest to seal the floor. Got storage... 2 1.5m X 2m steel shelves for a hungy each, good quality.

Some steel for the bench too and a bent spoke beer to celebrate a hard afternoon of work.
Shit yeah. That's awesome. Great choice on the roll cab mate.
That man cave is looking sick!
(I know I would literally be in an institution if I didn't have my cave. People don't realise how important sheds & caves are for blokes)

What's the retro moto? '70's CB? '80's Z? GSX ?