Man Space / Bike Shed Layout

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cars are fine. Well except when they eat wildlife. I'll not own another one because of all the shedding. It's an endless supply of unwanted cat fur!

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
started with a carport and had a bit of time on my hands over Covid so managed to get some walls and ceiling in place.
Bit of insulation makes all the difference

Finished up with this. Not sure whether to polish the concrete or as a few bits of marine carpet. Makes a good bong shed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Isn't that a little too spacious for a bong shed? I'd imagine the exhaled smoke is able to disperse a bit too much for an effective oven?

MasterOfReality

After forever
I'm toying with the idea of getting an approx 7 m wide by 10 m long shed/mancave built next to our house. Skillion roof custom thing to match house.

Area alongside house is around 300sqm and I have 13 m from the side of my house to the boundary (neighbour has built on boundary).

On top of the shed, we would also like the whole area landscaped so it doesn't look half arsed. That will include gardens, widening driveway a substantial amount to go down to shed, new rendered fence along street frontage etc. Will probably need a retaining wall behind the shed so it can all be levelled out (the very last few meters falls away).

I'd like a 4 post car hoist in the shed so figure the slab will need to be thicker to take the weight. The meter box is on that side of the house so running 3 phase not an issue. Also have two 20,000 litre water tanks, with one positioned downslope of proposed shed area so another problem solved (I hope).

Before I go running off to get quotes, what is the best approach to get all of this organised or the general order of business? Just go to a shed builder and they sort it all from council approval, construction and landscaping? Realise this is the expensive option though.

My thoughts (if sourcing everything separately)

1. Shed design and location finalised
  2. Get concreters in to do slab and driveway according to design
  3. Electrician to run cables
  4. Shed built and all electrical done
  5. Landscaping and fencing
Would this be the general process? I can't even find time to scratch my arse these days but do enjoy a bit of a project management challenge.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
would it be cheaper to hire a unit in an industrial complex, that way the Mrs and kids won't annoy the crap out of you and fill you cave full of useless shite!?

MasterOfReality

After forever
Haha could be, but I could also partition my inlaws off when they come to stay, and I'll reduce time mowing a waste of space.............

MasterOfReality

After forever
Yes we have the budget for it. Its one thing this place lacks. Our last house had a pretty standard 6x9m shed with a full driveway going down to it which was excellent.

Switch

huskier headed gent
Finally put the roof on the shed yesterday after building a 6x3 using sandwich panel. Still needs a door (to be built tomorrow) and some power but time to start filling it up. Super excited as I have been dreaming more about the shed set up than the new house.
My question for the brains trust is what is the best CHEAP tool trolley? It is not going to get rolled around just be mounted under the benchtop.