Marino Bike Co rigs.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Got an email from Marino today with the first draft picture, pretty happy overall. 11 days for the first reply seems OK given the current marker.

A few small tweaks to be done like reducing tyre width to shorten chainstays a little bit (from their 435mm to 425mm or 430mm) and shorten the seat tube if I can without reducing the overall strength.

Leadtimes for build are stated at 14-16 weeks, that's still earlier than 2022 for any of the other bikes that were in my radar.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
How tall are you? Those numbers look similar to what I've played with (mine had a touch more reach).
I'm 178cm, but with a slightly longer torso/span (positive ape index), hence the shorter seat tube. I've found my ideal reach for the way I ride is anywhere from 460mm to 480mm, and my body likes 620mm-630mm ETT numbers. Knowing that the ETT and Reach wil effectively lengthen as the fork sags, I've been looking at HT's w/ 465mm to keep it slightly more playful. I've honestly copied most of the geo from the Chromag Primer/Rootdown, but added a bit of chainstay length.

I'd buy the Chromag Rootdown in an instant, but no frames until 2022 means I'm looking for a quicker option :)

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Dunno if it'll be needed on a hardtail as TBH it won't see the same kind of punishing as my Ripmo does... but then, not a huge thing to add!

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nothing at all? But they knew about it??
Definitely knew about it. They contacted me after seeing above pic on Instagram and said to send through new geo for a replacement frame, to which I asked whether to send through via email or FB, & never got a response. I had other ideas though and never followed up - ended up with the 2021 Sight frame i'm on now.

That said however, I might chuck them an email now to see if they'll still build a replacement - been thinking about building up another short travel frame. Edit: Email has been sent.

Last edited: