Marzocchi 55 CR Forks 2013

stoo

Likes Dirt
I have a 2012 heckler ( like stoo) with revs an wanting a set of 55' s.the cr i can get for $660 from Merlin cycles UK but I can also get a set local from shop of 2007 66SL1 ATA 180mm-140mm new for $300. I haven't found too much info about the 2007 models, but read a lot of bad reports on the 2009 ATA air loss.
Should I get the 07 model now or save and get the 2014 cr's. I would like to buy from LBS for warranty but that adds another $250 - $350 if I buy new.
Your though needed
Get the new CR, you won't be sorry!
I would have said you won't be needing the warranty in the first year anyhoo, but I did. I'm 90kg and like getting the back wheel off the ground with a handful of front saints so I won't hold creaky crown against the Bombers.
Heckler+CRs+Burgtecs=Bonza.......

stoo

Likes Dirt
So, I like the 55s so much that I can't wait weeks for them to come back from the distributor with new uppers under warranty.
A new 2014 pair is waiting at the shop, thanks Roadie Scum!!!!

I'm not sure that I want them now though, are they Moorey proof? ieeewwww.......

stoo

Likes Dirt
Bonza!
Hippy germs removed and fitted to bike, from a quick roll around they seem the same as the old-uns, bloody ace....
One thing I did notice is that the rebound adjusterthingy needs to be most of the way toward slow to do anything. Maybe they could use some heavier oil?

Last edited:

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bit of a hijack, but I didn't want to make a new thread for this.
Is anyone familiar with the old 66 series? I have found a set of 66 for sale at a bargain. However I do remember Marzocchi had some bad years with their forks, but I cant remember what year model were the problematic ones.
For what its worth, the forks I'm looking at are a set of '07 66 rc2x.

DJR

Likes Dirt
Bit of a hijack, but I didn't want to make a new thread for this.
Is anyone familiar with the old 66 series? I have found a set of 66 for sale at a bargain. However I do remember Marzocchi had some bad years with their forks, but I cant remember what year model were the problematic ones.
For what its worth, the forks I'm looking at are a set of '07 66 rc2x.
The 07's were still made in Italy and good. 08-10 is when they had issues (mainly bushing play among other things), which they worked through

I just sold a pair of mint 07 66rc2x's I bought in 2010, they were still working perfectly and were an awesome fork. Sadly I only got a handful of rides into them. If they've been looked after, great, if not, check em out for things like stanchion wear, might need an oil change but that should be about it...

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Anyone got any further opinions on the 2014 Marz 55 cr?

I've found one brand new to my door for $565usd and am trying to talk myself into it.

Currently have a Lyrik coil 160mm uturn with the poor mans damper... Motion not mission and in need of a full service and seals.

Wondering if this is a worthwhile upgrade?

Culley

Likes Dirt

I've found one brand new to my door for $565usd and am trying to talk myself into it.

Currently have a Lyrik coil 160mm uturn with the poor mans damper... Motion not mission and in need of a full service and seals.

100% buy them, for that price its a steal.
cannot fault my 55CR
i use my bike for DH from time to time and they are so stiff

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Hey Culley.... If money wasn't an issue and you were looking for a fork from 160-170 would you still be considering these given you've had a good experience with them?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Buy! Buy! Buy! Where are they for sale? They are an awesome fork.

In the time I have owned mine (close to a full year) they have copped a hammering. They replaced a too shelf set of lyrics and were much nicer. They do exhibit a wee bit of flex, but I'm running them as a free ride fork with 90 or so kg pushing them. I really can't see what else in that style of fork I would buy.

moorey

call me Mia

Are you sure it isn't the coil 55 r for those dollars? Seen them for that price but $647 is best I've seen for the air 55cr..
If not, yep, buy.